Med's Request
03-07-2015
Med's Done....
15-07-2015
Passport Req..
01-03-2016
Mabertia said:
SUNBY... you can also check:http://fly4.emirates.com/CAB/IBE/SearchResult.aspx
There are certain days of the week that emirates flies Lagos-Dubai-Toronto-Calgary and of cause you do not require any visa. You can compare the fares between KLM and Emirates and see for yourself.
thanks

ozone

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2014
Doc's Request.
01-09-2015
Nomination.....
16-1-2015
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
Med's Request
11-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-09-2015
Interview........
Waive mode activated by AVO
Passport Req..
15-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2016
Well, after refreshing my inbox over and over again to see if my PPR wil land and nothing yet, i decided to say hello to every1 in the house. Still believing God that AVO will release my PPR. Don't know what is going on with my file nor at AVO nor what is taking AVO so long to update those of us still waiting for update but Am trusting God for my own PPR to show up. its not easy waiting especially when funds are tied down and our lives tends to be on stand still as a result of waiting for updates from AVO.

@Donmakaveli - I feel your spouse should take the IELTS so as to be on the safe side just in case AVO ask for it.

Ebube

Star Member
Mar 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2014
Nomination.....
02-03-2015
Med's Request
24-09-2015
Med's Done....
02-10-2015
Passport Req..
15-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2016
LANDED..........
01-09-2016
ozone said:
Well, after refreshing my inbox over and over again to see if my PPR wil land and nothing yet, i decided to say hello to every1 in the house. Still believing God that AVO will release my PPR. Don't know what is going on with my file nor at AVO nor what is taking AVO so long to update those of us still waiting for update but Am trusting God for my own PPR to show up. its not easy waiting especially when funds are tied down and our lives tends to be on stand still as a result of waiting for updates from AVO.

It is well and shall surely end in praise. Congratulations to all those with updates. We will all achieve our hearts desire for this venture.

Markdoff

Star Member
Oct 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2014
Med's Done....
23-07-2015
AVO make una release the results na!! My primary school teacher no even create the kind of suspense, on announcing report cards, on vacation day as una dey do am now :p :p

Sazzy

Mar 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/10/2014
AOR Received.
06/01/2015
File Transfer...
01/2015
Med's Request
08/07/2015
Med's Done....
28/07/2015
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
29/03/2016
VISA ISSUED...
13/04/2016
LANDED..........
JULY 2016
Hello Seniors, please i need clarifications on some concerns as i have learnt on this forum that it saves times and energy to ask questions if in doubt before acting on assumptions.

1. Why do we need letter of reference from our employer before travelling and what would be the content.

2. what does the copy of detailed list of personal items include ... could it be all our belongings like clothes, shoes and the likes?

3. What kind of official doc stating the type of vaccination may be included as i do not presently have any for myself and could not also find all for my son as i changed his hospital along the way.

4. Do i have to get a letter from his school that he is relocating or his results would suffice.

Pipis husband, tbaba, mabertia and other seniors, please assist. You all are the best! :-*

BabyBal

Aug 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2016
LANDED..........
14-07-2016
Thanks much sir!
Pipis Husband said:
Hello family,

If for any reason you are unable to provide an address (at the point of landing) where you want your PR cards to be delivered, you can do so online later on when you get your address. You can also use the link in case you want to change the address you gave at the airport when you landed to another one. Just use this link, https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=coanotify&lang=en&_ga=1.181896487.1046794166.1456516063

Please save it for your future reference, all the best.
Congratulations Canada ds year!!! To answer your question: yes, a US visa is required to transit through the USA
Canada ds year said:
Hello everyone,
I received our passports with visas and CPR earlier today.
I am so grateful for all the guidance received on the forum. Thanks Neyobash for the help received for the last lap of the application.

Pls, I will like to ask if visa is required to transit through the US. Anyone with information on this should kindly provide guidance. Thanks everyone

BabyBal

Aug 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2016
LANDED..........
14-07-2016
Congratulations kelzwealth!
kelzwealth said:
Hello house,

Well I have been a quite beneficiary of this great forum and just to say a big thank you to all those who have being sharing their experiences and knowledge of this process. Its being a long wait for me but thanks to God got PPR March 30th 2016 .
For those still expecting one update or the other patience is key it will surely end in praise. ;D
Hi ozone :)! Patience is truly a virtue... It is definitely on its way; a couple of chill pills for you while you wait :D
ozone said:

@Donmakaveli - I feel your spouse should take the IELTS so as to be on the safe side just in case AVO ask for it.
Hi Sazzy; see my responses below
Sazzy said:
Hello Seniors, please i need clarifications on some concerns as i have learnt on this forum that it saves times and energy to ask questions if in doubt before acting on assumptions.

1. Why do we need letter of reference from our employer before travelling and what would be the content. This is for when you apply for jobs, to make it easier and faster for you to produce reference letters when prospective employers request. Alternatively, you could have your current and previous supervisors leave you recommendations on your LinkedIn profile, and confirm that they won't mind being contacted via email and phone if future prospective employers wish to contact them that way

2. what does the copy of detailed list of personal items include ... could it be all our belongings like clothes, shoes and the likes? Yes - all the items you are carrying with you, and all items to follow. PH provided a break down of this recently - check within the last 10 - 15 pages of this forum

3. What kind of official doc stating the type of vaccination may be included as i do not presently have any for myself and could not also find all for my son as i changed his hospital along the way. This would usually be issued by the medical institution(s) that administered the vaccines. Yours is not as important, but you should be able to request for your son's from the clinics where he has received vaccines.

4. Do i have to get a letter from his school that he is relocating or his results would suffice. There is nothing like too much documentation in this process; get all the paperwork you can that would demonstrate his achievements and abilities; this will make it easier for the Canadian school authorities to appropriately place him in his new school.

Pipis husband, tbaba, mabertia and other seniors, please assist. You all are the best! :-*

Sazzy

Mar 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/10/2014
AOR Received.
06/01/2015
File Transfer...
01/2015
Med's Request
08/07/2015
Med's Done....
28/07/2015
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
29/03/2016
VISA ISSUED...
13/04/2016
LANDED..........
JULY 2016
Thank you Babybal for the prompt response. God bless

superzee

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2014
Med's Request
25-06-2015
Passport Req..
04-01-2015
LANDED..........
02-04-2016
My Landing Story so far...

Chose EgyptAir (because it was the most pocket friendly) for my spouse & I from Abuja to Winnipeg, Manitoba.

Highlights:

#Arrived Abuja International Airport 2hours before scheduled departure.

#Passing through immigration and customs was a breeze. No serious scrutiny of our luggage. Only a few gists about the brain-drain...

#Had to pay $250 (=50,000) for extra luggage and was assured that there would be no further charges by the connecting airline (AirCanada). EgyptAir kept this promise.

#EgyptAir from Abuja to Cairo - about 5hours.

#Layover of about 5hours at Cairo: The Cairo airport was a beauty to behold. I wanted to buy a bottle of water and biscuits at the Cairo Airport, but my GTB NairaCard was rejected by the POS. However, my GTB Dollar card came to the rescue and the payment was made successfully.

#EgyptAir from Cairo to Toronto - about 12 hours. The meals were edible and the airplane attendants were a lot more civil than those at the Abuja airport.

#Toronto checks were also a breeze. The CBSA lady asked for our hand-written list of goods (which my spouse prepared in the plane) and raised no eyebrow whatsoever over the content. Thereafter, we picked up our check-in luggage and moved them to the AirCanada terminal.The woman at the Immigration unit was very welcoming. She asked us for how much money we had on us & still allowed us pass despite the fact that the amount I mentioned was less than half the amount required as POF. I really dont think they care so much about POF at this last stage. I suspect they only want you to disclose amounts greater than or equals to $10,000.

#AirCanada from Toronto to Winnipeg - about 3hours. Those AirCanada people are very stingy. Their airplane meals were for sale!

#Arrived Winnipeg only to find the whole place covered in snow. Temperature was between -8 to -12 Degrees Celcius.

#We have opened bank accounts and collected our Social Insurance Numbers.

#...to be continued...

Christamario

Star Member
Mar 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2014
AOR Received.
04-02-2015
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
Med's Request
09-09-2015
Med's Done....
29-09-2015
Interview........
WAIVED IN JESUS NAME
Passport Req..
05-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2016
LANDED..........
Congrats Superzee on your landing story. May God favor you in the new land

Mabertia

Nov 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
07-09-2015
Passport Req..
21-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2016
LANDED..........
29-07-2016
Congratulations superzee. You really get mind oooo to have used Egypt Air, anyways enjoy your new found land of Winnipeg.

superzee said:

Chose EgyptAir (because it was the most pocket friendly) for my spouse & I from Abuja to Winnipeg, Manitoba.

Highlights:

#Passing through immigration and customs was a breeze. No serious scrutiny of our luggage. Only a few gists about the brain-drain...

#Had to pay $250 (=50,000) for extra luggage and was assured that there would be no further charges by the connecting airline (AirCanada). EgyptAir kept this promise.

#Layover of about 5hours at Cairo: The Cairo airport was a beauty to behold. I wanted to buy a bottle of water and biscuits at the Cairo Airport, but my GTB NairaCard was rejected by the POS. However, my GTB Dollar card came to the rescue and the payment was made successfully.

#EgyptAir from Cairo to Toronto - about 12 hours. The meals were edible and the airplane attendants were a lot more civil than those at the Abuja airport.

#Toronto checks were also a breeze. The CBSA lady asked for our hand-written list of goods (which my spouse prepared in the plane) and raised no eyebrow whatsoever over the content. Thereafter, we picked up our check-in luggage and moved them to the AirCanada terminal.The woman at the Immigration unit was very welcoming. She asked us for how much money we had on us & still allowed us pass despite the fact that the amount I mentioned was less than half the amount required as POF. I really dont think they care so much about POF at this last stage. I suspect they only want you to disclose amounts greater than or equals to $10,000.

#AirCanada from Toronto to Winnipeg - about 3hours. Those AirCanada people are very stingy. Their airplane meals were for sale!

#Arrived Winnipeg only to find the whole place covered in snow. Temperature was between -8 to -12 Degrees Celcius.

#...to be continued...

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
BabyBal said:
Congratulations kelzwealth!
Hi ozone :)! Patience is truly a virtue... It is definitely on its way; a couple of chill pills for you while you wait :D
Hi Sazzy; see my responses below

1. Why do we need letter of reference from our employer before travelling and what would be the content. This is for when you apply for jobs, to make it easier and faster for you to produce reference letters when prospective employers request. Alternatively, you could have your current and previous supervisors leave you recommendations on your LinkedIn profile, and confirm that they won't mind being contacted via email and phone if future prospective employers wish to contact them that way

2. what does the copy of detailed list of personal items include ... could it be all our belongings like clothes, shoes and the likes? Yes - all the items you are carrying with you, and all items to follow. PH provided a break down of this recently - check within the last 10 - 15 pages of this forum

3. What kind of official doc stating the type of vaccination may be included as i do not presently have any for myself and could not also find all for my son as i changed his hospital along the way. This would usually be issued by the medical institution(s) that administered the vaccines. Yours is not as important, but you should be able to request for your son's from the clinics where he has received vaccines.

4. Do i have to get a letter from his school that he is relocating or his results would suffice. There is nothing like too much documentation in this process; get all the paperwork you can that would demonstrate his achievements and abilities; this will make it easier for the Canadian school authorities to appropriately place him in his new school.

Pipis husband, tbaba, mabertia and other seniors, please assist. You all are the best!
You hit all the right notes dear Mammabal! Thanks for this.

You're not just a team player, you're a true family member. Expecting your arrival date, PM me...

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
superzee said:

Highlights:

#...to be continued...
Congrats on your landing. Feels good to be here, doesn't it? ;)

Wish you and your spouse all the best :)

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
SOTAJ said:
Congratulations on ur visas and COPR.

You would need visas to transit in the U.S. Avoid that route if you don't have valid U.S visa and you don't intend to get one.
Thanks for this response sir :)

Tario...34

Star Member
Feb 22, 2015
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......