31-08-2015
Passport Req..
21-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2016
LANDED..........
thanks PiPis Husband. Very useful.

Pipis Husband said:
Hello all, another wonderful period of updates. Wow, my inbox is full with good news and enquiries. For the benefit of all those who are just getting PPR, have received COPR and those set to travel, please see this set of instructions pulled from CIC website;

Crossing the border: documents you need
Prepare your documents with care
If you wish to enter Canada, there are documents you must have in order to cross the border. Without these documents, you will not be allowed into Canada.

You may also need many of the other documents listed below.

Essential documents
To enter Canada, you will need to present the following:

•A Canadian immigrant visa (if applicable) and Confirmation of Permanent Residence for each family member traveling with you
•A valid passport or other travel document for each family member traveling with you
•Two (2) copies of a detailed list of all the personal or household items you are bringing with you
•Two (2) copies of a list of items that are arriving later and their money value
Do not pack these documents in your luggage. Keep them with you at all times (preferably in an inner pocket).

Before you arrive, you should prepare two copies of a list (preferably typed) of all the goods you intend to bring into Canada as settler’s effects, showing the value, make, model and serial number, if the item has one. Divide the list into two sections: the goods you are bringing with you and the goods to follow Goods to follow, your stuff which you arrange to come later thas cargo/freight is more important. Giving them this list and getting your copy stamped guarantees you won't be charged any duty on them.

Present this list to the border services officer on your first point of arrival in Canada, even if you are not bringing in any goods at that time. Anything that comes later that is not on this list may attract import duty

You can make the process easier by completing a B4 form in advance and presenting it to the officer when you arrive. Visit the Canada Border Services Agency website to download a copy of the Form B4, Personal Effects Accounting Documents (PDF, 1.95 MB). In my case, I just used a simple excel sheet I designed my self. The customs official copied the items on my excel sheet onto their print out, stamped one copy and gave to me and retained the other for their records

Disclosure of funds
If you are carrying more than CAN $10,000, tell a Canadian official when you arrive in Canada. If you do not, you may be fined, and your funds could be seized. These funds could be in the form of:

•cash,
•securities that belong to you (for example, stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills) This has become a bone of contention for landing immigrants and Immigration officials at the airport. Most of them are rejecting non-Canadian securities as they don't recognise/understand these instruments. To save your self headache and possible deportation, just convert your securities to cash and bring or place in your bank account and land with your bank statement. At least, everybody can read bank account statement,
•bankers’ drafts, cheques, travelers’ cheques or money orders.
Find out more about your responsibilities to disclose funds either before you leave or once you arrive in Canada.

Health documentation
Children in Canada are vaccinated—also called immunized—beginning when they are newborns. Vaccinations help to prevent serious infections or diseases.

When you travel to Canada, bring official documents that state what vaccinations you and your family have already had. If you or your child has not been vaccinated, call your doctor or local public health clinic right away.

In Canada, immunization or vaccination records are required for children to enroll in school. Please look for all your kids immunisation records. If they are not up to date, get them sorted out and get their cards updated accordingly.

Other documents you may need:
•Birth certificates or baptismal certificates
•Marriage certificates
•Adoption, separation or divorce papers
•School records, diplomas or degrees for each family member traveling with you
•Trade or professional certificates and licences
•Letters of reference from former employers
•A list of your educational and professional qualifications and job experience (for your résumé)
•Driver’s licence, including an International Driver’s Permit and a reference from your auto insurance company
•Photocopies of all essential and important documents, in case the originals get lost (be sure to keep the photocopies in a separate place from the originals)
•Car registration documents (if you are importing a motor vehicle into Canada)
Customs declaration card
Before you arrive in Canada, you may be asked to complete a Customs Declaration Card. You must complete this card before you meet with customs and immigration officials, even if you are not a Canadian citizen. If you are traveling by air, it is a good idea to complete the card before you leave the airplane.

What to declare
Use the Customs Declaration Card to declare the following:

•Any items that you must pay duty on, including alcohol, tobacco and gifts that you are bringing in to Canada
•Any business goods, plants, food, animals, firearms or other weapons that you are bringing into Canada
•Any amount of money more than CDN $10,000 that you are bringing into Canada
Do not use this form to list the personal and household goods that you are bringing with you or are following you to Canada. You will show your lists of those items separately to a customs officer.

Declare all items
If you do not tell an official that you are carrying items that should be declared, you may be fined or put in prison. The money you declare can be in the form of cash, securities in bearer form (for example, stocks, bonds, debentures or treasury bills) or negotiable instruments in bearer form (for example, bank drafts, cheques, travellers cheques or money orders).

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-border.asp

All the best to you as you prepare for the great life ahead.

yomson

Aug 4, 2015
Hello good people,

To the glory of God our Father, the PPR mail dropped on Thursday. This platform really provided guidance and directions throughout the various stages. Although I have not been active on the blog, we want to say thank you to everyone for your selflessness.

Timeline: Application submitted in November 2014
PER- February 2014
Medicals- August
PPR March 2015

We urgently need your kind guidance on the under-listed issues as we were requested to update some forms (IMM5669; IMM5406)
1. My wife as the primary applicant changed her maiden name (which was on on the initial application/international passport submitted to AVO) to my surname (which now reflects on her new international passport). AVO was duly informed of these changes. Question: Are we to reflect the new name on the forms we were requested to update?

2. A section of the Background Declaration form (IMM) which requested to know if we were ever denied visiting visa to Canada or any country was misconstrued. Question: Should we update this section to reflect these additions without any negative implication.

Thank you for the anticipated responses

Liss

Star Member
Feb 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2014
Doc's Request.
02-09-2015
Nomination.....
09-01-2015
AOR Received.
09-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
09-01-2015
Med's Request
21-09-2015
Med's Done....
29-09-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
ijeree said:
Hi All,
I am a Nov 2014 FSW applicant and have been a quiet member on this forum.
I have benefitted immensely from all your contributions.
All praises be to God! I received PPR and COA mails yesterday evening.

Please, how do I access these forms;
IMM5669
IMM5406
IMM0008

How do I also pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fees? Is it $490 for each adult?

Thank you.

My timeline:
Application Received - Nov. 28, 2014
Processed - Jan 31, 2015
File transfer - Feb 16, 2015
MR - Sep 14, 2015
PPR and COA - March 29, 2016
Congratulations on the receipt of your PPR, Ijeree.

Right of Permanent Residence Fees is $490CDN for each adult. Children are not expected to pay this fee. I am sure if you look through the forum a few pages back you will see a link for the payment. Or you can use the search button to find it.

You can find the various forms requested at this link - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/index.asp

All the best.

Liss

Sambade

Jul 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/10/2014
Doc's Request.
Sept 1, POF and salary acc
Nomination.....
19/01/2015
Med's Request
04-04-2016
Med's Done....
06-04-2016
Passport Req..
18-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2016
LANDED..........
21-06-2016
Wow!!!!!!!!!!! see all the plenty positive updates.....God is good my people...congratulations to everyone

sppeeddoo

Jan 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2014
AOR Received.
17-02-2015
Med's Request
17-08-2015
Med's Done....
25-08-2015
Passport Req..
11-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2016
LANDED..........
25-05-2016
Pipis Husband said:
Hello all, another wonderful period of updates. Wow, my inbox is full with good news and enquiries. For the benefit of all those who are just getting PPR, have received COPR and those set to travel, please see this set of instructions pulled from CIC website;

If you wish to enter Canada, there are documents you must have in order to cross the border. Without these documents, you will not be allowed into Canada.

Essential documents

•A Canadian immigrant visa (if applicable) and Confirmation of Permanent Residence for each family member traveling with you
•A valid passport or other travel document for each family member traveling with you
•Two (2) copies of a detailed list of all the personal or household items you are bringing with you
•Two (2) copies of a list of items that are arriving later and their money value
Do not pack these documents in your luggage. Keep them with you at all times (preferably in an inner pocket).

Before you arrive, you should prepare two copies of a list (preferably typed) of all the goods you intend to bring into Canada as settler’s effects, showing the value, make, model and serial number, if the item has one. Divide the list into two sections: the goods you are bringing with you and the goods to follow Goods to follow, your stuff which you arrange to come later thas cargo/freight is more important. Giving them this list and getting your copy stamped guarantees you won't be charged any duty on them.

Present this list to the border services officer on your first point of arrival in Canada, even if you are not bringing in any goods at that time. Anything that comes later that is not on this list may attract import duty

You can make the process easier by completing a B4 form in advance and presenting it to the officer when you arrive. Visit the Canada Border Services Agency website to download a copy of the Form B4, Personal Effects Accounting Documents (PDF, 1.95 MB). In my case, I just used a simple excel sheet I designed my self. The customs official copied the items on my excel sheet onto their print out, stamped one copy and gave to me and retained the other for their records

Disclosure of funds
If you are carrying more than CAN $10,000, tell a Canadian official when you arrive in Canada. If you do not, you may be fined, and your funds could be seized. These funds could be in the form of:

•cash,
•securities that belong to you (for example, stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills) This has become a bone of contention for landing immigrants and Immigration officials at the airport. Most of them are rejecting non-Canadian securities as they don't recognise/understand these instruments. To save your self headache and possible deportation, just convert your securities to cash and bring or place in your bank account and land with your bank statement. At least, everybody can read bank account statement,
Find out more about your responsibilities to disclose funds either before you leave or once you arrive in Canada.

Health documentation
Children in Canada are vaccinated—also called immunized—beginning when they are newborns. Vaccinations help to prevent serious infections or diseases.

When you travel to Canada, bring official documents that state what vaccinations you and your family have already had. If you or your child has not been vaccinated, call your doctor or local public health clinic right away.

In Canada, immunization or vaccination records are required for children to enroll in school. Please look for all your kids immunisation records. If they are not up to date, get them sorted out and get their cards updated accordingly.

•Marriage certificates
•A list of your educational and professional qualifications and job experience (for your résumé)
•Driver’s licence, including an International Driver’s Permit and a reference from your auto insurance company
•Photocopies of all essential and important documents, in case the originals get lost (be sure to keep the photocopies in a separate place from the originals)
Customs declaration card
Before you arrive in Canada, you may be asked to complete a Customs Declaration Card. You must complete this card before you meet with customs and immigration officials, even if you are not a Canadian citizen. If you are traveling by air, it is a good idea to complete the card before you leave the airplane.

What to declare

•Any items that you must pay duty on, including alcohol, tobacco and gifts that you are bringing in to Canada
•Any business goods, plants, food, animals, firearms or other weapons that you are bringing into Canada
Do not use this form to list the personal and household goods that you are bringing with you or are following you to Canada. You will show your lists of those items separately to a customs officer.

Declare all items
If you do not tell an official that you are carrying items that should be declared, you may be fined or put in prison. The money you declare can be in the form of cash, securities in bearer form (for example, stocks, bonds, debentures or treasury bills) or negotiable instruments in bearer form (for example, bank drafts, cheques, travellers cheques or money orders).

Hello PH,

I intend to send my books later on after we get and address. Would this qualify as 'goods-to-follow'? Also, i read somewhere about bringing in jewellery and stating their cost on the form where you declare your goods. Kindly clarify.

thanks

highty

Nov 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-214
Doc's Request.
27-10-2015
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
Sambade said:
Wow!!!!!!!!!!! see all the plenty positive updates.....God is good my people...congratulations to everyone
Can't even stand the hotness of this thread. ...it's all pouring like water for dem today. So tey that one called guyman dom get him own after all his drama

Even one man naija pastor volunteer to give people free ride in Toronto. ..na wah

CCTV dey on oo

Doyinata

Star Member
Nov 7, 2014
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/11/2014
Doc's Request.
24/08/2015
AOR Received.
15/02/2015
Med's Request
-/03/2016
Med's Done....
-/03/2016
Interview........
will not be applicable
Passport Req..
-/04/2016
VISA ISSUED...
-/04/2016
LANDED..........
-/08/2016
omolara.ayanda said:
Help me praise God for he is good to me and my family. our PPR dropped some few minutes ago. Wow! what a feeling. I pray for all those awaiting MR and PPR it will come sooner than expected IJN.
Congratulations Omolara Ayanda. God is too faithful to fail us.

Mabertia

Nov 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
07-09-2015
Passport Req..
21-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2016
LANDED..........
29-07-2016
Congratulations omolara.ayanda.

omolara.ayanda said:
Help me praise God for he is good to me and my family. our PPR dropped some few minutes ago. Wow! what a feeling. I pray for all those awaiting MR and PPR it will come sooner than expected IJN.

tbaba

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/2014
Nomination.....
PER 12/03/2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
01-04-2015
Med's Request
24-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
Interview........
Telephone interview on 25/02/2016
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2016
LANDED..........
28-05-2016
Liss said:
Make una see me see this AVO people o! As I dey rejoice, dey dance and bless God na so I see another mail enter by email box from Accra saying recall! They tried recalling my PPR mail! Imagine! :mad:

Na so fear come grip me o! :eek: But I bless God that they now sent another mail saying Resending! Imagine my fear! All this within 15 minutes. Anyway, na wetin don sign and deliver.

Timelines as requested:

Application received date - September 30, 2014
PER Date - 9 January 2015
Additional Docs request - September 2, 2015
Medical Request - September 21, 2015
Medical Done - September 29, 2015
PPR Request - March 30, 2016
congrats Liss

tbaba

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/2014
Nomination.....
PER 12/03/2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
01-04-2015
Med's Request
24-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2016
LANDED..........
28-05-2016
Pipis Husband said:

Essential documents

Disclosure of funds

•cash,

Health documentation

•Marriage certificates
Customs declaration card

What to declare

Declare all items

Thanks once more my Chairman

Mabertia

Nov 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
07-09-2015
Passport Req..
21-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2016
LANDED..........
29-07-2016
CONGRATULATIONS yomson, see my reply below.

yomson said:
Hello good people,

To the glory of God our Father, the PPR mail dropped on Thursday. This platform really provided guidance and directions throughout the various stages. Although I have not been active on the blog, we want to say thank you to everyone for your selflessness.

PER- February 2014
Medicals- August
PPR March 2015

We urgently need your kind guidance on the under-listed issues as we were requested to update some forms (IMM5669; IMM5406)
1. My wife as the primary applicant changed her maiden name (which was on on the initial application/international passport submitted to AVO) to my surname (which now reflects on her new international passport). AVO was duly informed of these changes. Question: Are we to reflect the new name on the forms we were requested to update? YES you should do just that and also include in your parcel photocopies of any documents leading to her change of name.. Note: Her details on her international passport cannot be different from that on the updated application.

2. A section of the Background Declaration form (IMM) which requested to know if we were ever denied visiting visa to Canada or any country was misconstrued. Question: Should we update this section to reflect these additions without any negative implication. YES update it and write a 2 line note explaining the honest truth about your "misconstrue". I guess that will be fine.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
yomson said:
Hello good people,

PER- February 2014
Medicals- August
PPR March 2015

1. My wife as the primary applicant changed her maiden name (which was on on the initial application/international passport submitted to AVO) to my surname (which now reflects on her new international passport). AVO was duly informed of these changes. Question: Are we to reflect the new name on the forms we were requested to update? Yes, since you have already updated AVO with the info.

2. A section of the Background Declaration form (IMM) which requested to know if we were ever denied visiting visa to Canada or any country was misconstrued. Question: Should we update this section to reflect these additions without any negative implication. Yes, just include a small cover note explaining it was inadvertently missed earlier but now corrected in the new attached from. Politely request that your records be updated, no apology required to them.

Hi, congratulations. See my responses above.

tbaba

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/2014
Nomination.....
PER 12/03/2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
01-04-2015
Med's Request
24-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2016
LANDED..........
28-05-2016
omolara.ayanda said:
Congrats on your PPR

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
omolara.ayanda said:
Congratulations, warm regards to you and your family. All the best ahead.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
sppeeddoo said:
Hello PH,

I intend to send my books later on after we get and address. Would this qualify as 'goods-to-follow'? Also, i read somewhere about bringing in jewellery and stating their cost on the form where you declare your goods. Kindly clarify.

thanks
Yes, you should capture your books under the 'goods to follow' list. Just give them a nominal value under total, it doesn't have to be exact or accurate.

Yes, you will create columns in your 'goods accompanying' list, the list of things you are carrying on your flight. One column for electronics, like your cell phones, laptop, electronic games etc. Another column for your clothes, another column for your books and educational materials, another column for jewelry, state the value of costume jewelry and the value of the real jewelry. Each column will have it's own total then a grand total for the whole list of items. Simple.