Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
codedguy31 said:
Hello House,

Congrats to everyone with positive updates. I would like to know how long it takes for AVO to reply a CSE. Does anyone have an idea of how long it takes?

Thanks for your response.
Hi, this is a dicey one in that there's no pattern to how AVO handles CSE. Some people get response within 48hrs, others get response after 3 weeks. Some people don't even get any response to their CSEs, it's that bad. AVO just ignores the stuff and attends to them when they are ready.

Your only weapon is a bag of patience and take things as you see them. Any other thing, we are here for you. Cheers.

Abembem

Star Member
Oct 11, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2014
AOR Received.
15-01-2015
IELTS Request
sent
Med's Request
10-08-2015
Med's Done....
13-08-2015
Interview........
Olorun o jee..
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11th March 2016 To His Glory
LANDED..........
12th June 2016
Congrats to everyone with update. It is surely ending in Praise....This day is beautiful indeed. Our expectations shall not be cut short in Jesus Name. :D :D :) ;)

To God be the glory, we collected our Visa and COPR today also...Phase 1 almost completed!!! :p :p :p

I appreciate this family; May God continue to bless us all. For those still xpecting one update or the other, we will get our desired result in Jesus Name. The Miracle worker will do it.

Oluwa is Involved.

Kclass1

Jan 18, 2016
Good evening house, congrats to all with positive updates and for those still expecting, it'll sure come sooner than you expect. I have a question though: apart from buying PTA, does anyone know any other avenue through which one can get foreign currency (USD, GBP, EURO CAD) at the official CBN rate? The black market rate is killing! I had approached some Banks to enquire if it was possible to purchase foreign draft from my Naira account but they insist I can only raise such from a DOM account. Now the question is if I have a DOM account where do I get the forex to fund it apart from buying from the Abokis? Anyone with solution should please share.

Thanks.

Jamezo78

Jul 11, 2015
Pipis Husband said:
Congrats Jamezo78, renew the passport as directed by AVO. It is their rule that your passport must have 6 month validity regardless of expiration date of the visa they will issue to you. All the best ahead.

The problem is that she got to immigration office today and what she was told was that the passport is not available and it might take a week before the office we receive any. Meanwhile her passport will expire on 27th of September 2016, can i still send it.

pace

Star Member
Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2014
File Transfer...
23-02-2015
Med's Request
24-08-2015
Med's Done....
31-08-2015
Passport Req..
21-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2016
LANDED..........
Hello @Jamezo, do you know the passport office the person went to? You can get it done at the ikoyi office within 48 hours but it always come at a premium. Alternatively, the person can wait for 1 week and go back.

Jamezo78 said:
The problem is that she got to immigration office today and what she was told was that the passport is not available and it might take a week before the office we receive any. Meanwhile her passport will expire on 27th of September 2016, can i still send it.

alagbe

Feb 12, 2016
Jamezo78 said:
Glory be to God, PPR/COA mail dropped this morning. Thanks to all for your assistance and guidance.
A concern here is that i was told to send passport with 6 months validity but my spouse passport will have less than 6 month validity by next week Monday. however our visa will expire base on the medical earlier than when her passport will expire.
Thanks for prompt response sirs
If absence of passport is not a nationwide issue, you can move to another state to obtain it the same day. Don't take AVO for granted at this stage. You have put in a lot to reach this level.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Jamezo78 said:
If this was in Lagos, then I suggest you try other passport offices. There's Ikeja, Ikoyi, FESTAC. I recall some years back I went to Ikoyi to get a passport renewed for my kid and was given the same story of booklet not available. I just turned my car straight to FESTAC and got it same day. If one door is closed, open another... Like someone just said, no point coming this far and then spoiling all your efforts.

Jamezo78

Jul 11, 2015
Pipis Husband said:
If this was in Lagos, then I suggest you try other passport offices. There's Ikeja, Ikoyi, FESTAC. I recall some years back I went to Ikoyi to get a passport renewed for my kid and was given the same story of booklet not available. I just turned my car striaght to FESTAC and got it same day. If one door is closed, open another... Like someone just said, no point coming this far and then spoiling all your efforts.
Thanks so much, You've been of immense help to this forum and God will continue to prosper you in all your endeavor.

maggiforever

Star Member
Aug 21, 2010
IBADAN
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2014
Doc's Request.
NOT APPLICABLE
Nomination.....
04-12-2014
AOR Received.
04-12-2014
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
Med's Request
22-06-2015
Med's Done....
07-07-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
26-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2016
LANDED..........
28th May 2016
Abembem said:
Congrats to everyone with update. It is surely ending in Praise....This day is beautiful indeed. Our expectations shall not be cut short in Jesus Name. :D :D :) ;)

To God be the glory, we collected our Visa and COPR today also...Phase 1 almost completed!!! :p :p :p

I appreciate this family; May God continue to bless us all. For those still xpecting one update or the other, we will get our desired result in Jesus Name. The Miracle worker will do it.

Oluwa is Involved.

Congratulations

Lolesky

Star Member
Aug 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09 Oct. 2014
Nomination.....
04-02-2014
Interview........
9th March, 2016
I rejoice with everyone with update, am confident everybody will have a testimony to share it's a mater of time. Those of us waiting....delay will never be denial.

SUNBY

Star Member
Jul 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2014
Doc's Request.
03-07-2015
Nomination.....
07-01-2015
AOR Received.
07-01-2015
IELTS Request
19-09-2014
File Transfer...
10-12-2014
Med's Request
03-07-2015
Med's Done....
15-07-2015
Passport Req..
01-03-2016
Abembem said:

Oluwa is Involved.
Congratulations!!!!!!!

engrted

Aug 19, 2015
Kclass1 said:
Good evening house, congrats to all with positive updates and for those still expecting, it'll sure come sooner than you expect. I have a question though: apart from buying PTA, does anyone know any other avenue through which one can get foreign currency (USD, GBP, EURO CAD) at the official CBN rate? The black market rate is killing! I had approached some Banks to enquire if it was possible to purchase foreign draft from my Naira account but they insist I can only raise such from a DOM account. Now the question is if I have a DOM account where do I get the forex to fund it apart from buying from the Abokis? Anyone with solution should please share.

Thanks.
Solution: pray for the naira to gain against the dollar

layorh12

Star Member
Dec 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2014
AOR Received.
09-02-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
13-08-2015
Med's Done....
27-08-2015
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
05-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
19-02-2016
LANDED..........
June 2016
@Jamezo78...I will suggest you go to the Ikoyi office (close to alagbon) and the spouse's passport can be renewed in 2-3 days max, of course you will have to pay some premium, but I think its worth it. Better to push this Canada thing through once and for all, than to start to raise CSEs and long the process. All the best!

Jamezo78 said:

layorh12

Star Member
Dec 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2014
AOR Received.
09-02-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
13-08-2015
Med's Done....
27-08-2015
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
05-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
19-02-2016
LANDED..........
June 2016
@kClass1 bro I work in a financial institution and I can tell that the dollar issue is a serious one..like very serious. Anyways the only to get at official rate is to buy PTA, but there is a catch....Each person is entitled to around 4000 dollars per quarter, so everyone that has gotten PPR request, should buy their tickets asap (having a travel ticket is one of the major requirements for PTA) and buy some before March ending. Then again buy some more in the second quarter which starts April 1st. This is what I have tried to do and It has worked so far, for married folks, they can adopt the same strategy for each person. Now not all the banks are selling PTA from what I have gathered, but I am certain that Zenith (rationed at 2,500 instead of 4000 per quarter), Diamond, Stan Chart, Citi and Stanbic are selling PTA. Some banks will tell you they do not have dollar, please ask if they have the Euro and just buy, this can be changed to US CAD in any of the European countries (France, Germany, UK, Holland, even Turkey) when waiting for the connecting flights. that is my 2 cents

Kclass1 said:

Thanks.