AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Med's Done....
30/07/2015
Pipis Husband said:
Don't give up hope, keep your eye on the prize because it is worth it. Whatever has led to the slow pace in sending new mails and updates to applicants cannot be more important than the application, afterall, the bride/groom is more important than the marriage.

While we sympathize with the Syrian crisis and refugees and we commend the Canadian government's resolve to assist them, we are indeed hopeful that whatever screening process is put in place to select them for immigration will be comprehensive enough to keep security of the country at the forefront. Our measure of humanity is in how we can feel for each other so let's feel much in all things.

We all know that the VOs, like all embassies worldwide are understaffed and overworked and with so many issues competing for their attention now, we can only hope for a quick but more importantly, a positive completion of application processing. As you wait, be hopeful. Never lose hope otherwise, your efforts won't matter anymore and you allow the process defeat your spirit. Your high spirits are what will keep you going when you land and you need your spirit to be positive when you get your visa and when you land here.

Things will get better, it's only time. All the best.
Thanks PH.

CalgaryChic

Aug 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Med's Done....
30/07/2015
BabyBal said:
Hmmm... Tempers dey flare o... Make we try calm down.

Meanwhile, me I have one serious concern sha o; hope our landed seniors can help shed some light and calm my palpitating heart: I go fit find bokoto, goat meat, ogbono, semo and tinz for that side? Golden morn nko? And palm oil / palm wine? Abeg, quick response(s) would be much appreciated.

Appreciate the words of encouragement PH; tuwaile to you as always!
Kai, you no joke with this list o...... :D :D :D

CalgaryChic

Aug 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Med's Done....
30/07/2015
BigDon said:
Dear Guyman,i understand exactly how you feel because i am in similar situation with you.I think you are getting yourself worked up by blowing things out of proportion.You are not the only one having this delay."Hope" is the only thing that sustains life in times of difficulty.Infact,it is in times like this,that GOD is watching how you will trust him.please put yourself together.There is season and time for everything under the sun. Thank GOD you've done medicals and you know that by CIC standard,your PR VISA will be valid till your medical is one year or expiry of your passport whichever comes first.That should tell you that AVO must contact you for PPR any moment from now cos you are not going to do another medical.AVO should as a matter of fact be under pressure to settle you atleast some some months before your medical is one year.

Just get yourself involved with more research on what to do when you arrive canada,use the time to gather more POF and make other plans that needs to be made because our PR VISA will surely come in due time and when it eventually comes,you might not have enough time to plan.Don't just bore yourself with waiting but rather get involved in some sort of activity and you will just discover that the impact of the waiting time will not be heavy on.
Dear friends,Lets keep hope and faith alive.Our expectations will be realised sooner than we expect,in JESUS name.AMEN!
Wishing us a week full of favorable updates.
Nicely put

superzee

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2014
Med's Request
25-06-2015
Passport Req..
04-01-2015
LANDED..........
02-04-2016
Guyman1234 said:
...How many Canadians can hold over a minimum of 11,000 dollars in the bank for almost 18 months ? And am told to do so, how can I live for over 1.5 years without making long term plans. I can't do anything concrete, just living day by day and waiting. This wait is not fair. Life is almost in a standstill for a year now. I need to move on.

Am no more hoping, am just waiting. Sorry if my post is going to discourage anyone or anger anyone. It gets to a time our human reasoning comes in. The wait is killing me.
I know exactly what you are going through. You are not alone. Many plans for many applicants are stuck in limbo:

>House rent is about to expire. Should you renew or wait ?
>School fees for kids are due. Should you pay or wait?
>Broken furniture. Should you fix or wait?
>Walls are due for painting. Should you call a painter or wait?
>PHCN wants you to buy prepaid meter. Should you acquire or wait?
>Tempting need to start shopping for Christmas. Should you proceed or wait?
>Tired of your stressful job and cant wait to call it quits. Should you resign or wait?
>POF is lying fallow in the bank and possibly depreciating considering the time value of money. Should you spend, invest or wait?
>You planned to book your flight at least 6months to departure date in order to attract discounts. Should you proceed or wait?
>...The list goes on and on...

Like we would always say, it shall end in praise.

Guyman1234

Dec 5, 2014
Lasgidi
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2014
Doc's Request.
06-07-2015 (salary payments & pof)
Nomination.....
05-01-2015
Med's Request
28-07-2015
Med's Done....
04-08-2015
Interview........
Didn't happen
Passport Req..
29-02-2016 / 11-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-03-2016
LANDED..........
26/07/16
superzee said:
I know exactly what you are going through. You are not alone. Many plans for many applicants are stuck in limbo:

>Tired of your stressful job and cant wait to call it quits. Should you resign or wait?
>POF is lying fallow in the bank and possibly depreciating considering the time value of money. Should you spend, invest or wait?
>You planned to book your flight at least 6months to departure date in order to attract discounts. Should you proceed or wait?

Am so sorry all for my post. I was just overwhelmed. I just came out of a situation that arose from my traveling plans and I just flipped. Thank u all for the encouragement.

adaghogho

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2014
Doc's Request.
09-09-2015
Nomination.....
14-02-2015
File Transfer...
14-02-2015
Med's Request
21-09-2015
Med's Done....
24-09-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-2016
LANDED..........
September 2016
Guyman1234 said:
Am so sorry all for my post. I was just overwhelmed. I just came out of a situation that arose from my traveling plans and I just flipped. Thank u all for the encouragement.
It is so nice to read again from a calm and ever hilarious Guyman1234. It will end in praise bro!

Gentle Ace

Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9/06/2014
Doc's Request.
18/11/2014
Nomination.....
03/12/2014
File Transfer...
02/12/2014
Med's Request
04/05/2015
Med's Done....
11/05/2015
Passport Req..
29/03/2016
VISA ISSUED...
12/04/2016
LANDED..........
May 2016
BigDon said:
Dear Guyman,i understand exactly how you feel because i am in similar situation with you.I think you are getting yourself worked up by blowing things out of proportion.You are not the only one having this delay."Hope" is the only thing that sustains life in times of difficulty.Infact,it is in times like this,that GOD is watching how you will trust him.please put yourself together.There is season and time for everything under the sun. Thank GOD you've done medicals and you know that by CIC standard,your PR VISA will be valid till your medical is one year or expiry of your passport whichever comes first.That should tell you that AVO must contact you for PPR any moment from now cos you are not going to do another medical.AVO should as a matter of fact be under pressure to settle you atleast some some months before your medical is one year.

Just get yourself involved with more research on what to do when you arrive canada,use the time to gather more POF and make other plans that needs to be made because our PR VISA will surely come in due time and when it eventually comes,you might not have enough time to plan.Don't just bore yourself with waiting but rather get involved in some sort of activity and you will just discover that the impact of the waiting time will not be heavy on.
Dear friends,Lets keep hope and faith alive.Our expectations will be realised sooner than we expect,in JESUS name.AMEN!
Wishing us a week full of favorable updates.
Its well guys we shall get tru this process sooner rather than later, BigDon in fact its the fact that i have done medical and my visa expires a year after the medical that is keeping me going and ironically my passport and medical expires same date of May 11 2016.
So we should keep hope and faith alive because what God have started He'll surely complete, so AVO will answer soon from this day in Jesus Might name.
Am doing a new passport in readiness for my PPR mail because as required passport should be 6months-1yr to expire before u get it stamped.
My guy guyman relax man na time e go take stammerer go call him papa name.
It will surely and must surely end in PRAISE.

neyobash14

Dec 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
Nomination.....
11-03-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
superzee said:

SO on point..
Wateva u dont have control ova..just chill and manage the situation.
We are Nigerians now...we all used candles to read and still scattered WAEC, we all soaked Garri while growing up yet we smiled like we won lottery weneva d garri swell...regardless of all these brouhaha, we still survived..Here we are joor.
We are resilient..notin dey happen.
Na our visa, dem must to give us.

Gentle Ace

Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9/06/2014
Doc's Request.
18/11/2014
Nomination.....
03/12/2014
File Transfer...
02/12/2014
Med's Request
04/05/2015
Med's Done....
11/05/2015
Passport Req..
29/03/2016
VISA ISSUED...
12/04/2016
LANDED..........
May 2016
superzee said:

In fact superzee all these coupled with other decision making situations are what virtually all of us in this forum are facing daily but God in His infinite mercies will rise up for us all at the point of our various application needs and thanks PH for your calm words as always sir.
The end to the processing of our application is nigh.
It will end in PRAISE my people.

thorndike4u

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2014
Doc's Request.
02-07-2015 (received by AVO on 27-07-2015)
Nomination.....
02-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
17-12-2014
Med's Request
02-07-2015
Med's Done....
07-07-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2016
LANDED..........
07 May 2016
Thanks house for the encouraging words when tempers flared. I can understand what all waiting are going through. Hold on a bit as we are almost at the finish line. Guyman1234 good to know you are calm now. 'No matter how adult hold small pikin thing for up so pikin no fit reach am, hand go pain am hin go release am for the pikin'. IT WILL END IN PRAISE definitely.

dguru

Oct 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2015
AOR Received.
12-02-2015
Med's Request
17-08-2015
Med's Done....
21-08-2015
Passport Req..
08-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2016
LANDED..........
29-06-2016 (1st Landing)
AVO! AVO!! AVO!!!
How manny times did i call you? Please listen to the voice of reasoning and let my people Go!
All these processes should not take this long. 3 months after Medicals and no PPR yet.

Release the PPR and updates of all the other forum members by Fire and by Force Now.

Let any obtacle on the way of these positive updates wither and die IJN. Amen

Oya ooooooooooooOperation Accelerated Updates(OAU)!!!!!!!!

bolaopemire

Aug 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2014
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
Med's Request
21-07-2015
Med's Done....
13-08-2015
Passport Req..
10-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-2016
LANDED..........
08-06-2016
Guyman1234 said:
Guess what, I was similarly lamenting just last week about how I feel about this AVO delay to a landed senior. Do you know the question he asked me? I'm sure you don't.

He asked if I will not mind informing CIC that am tired of waiting and won't mind calling it quits so I can do other things I wish to do. It was like pouring cold water on my body on a hot afternoon. I just kept quiet and was like, it's true o. Which option is best? To wait or to call it quit or to get anxious? I choose to wait because it is a DONE DEAL.

However, my own concerns are :p ;D How do we carry over OWAMBE parties, our ankara clothes in different styles, our chord lace, designer beads, local foods and so on. Or what is the means of unwinding na, cos I know we will gbaladun CANADA when we eventually land o.

Guyman, my guy, good to see ur cool again. The whole house is expecting the next joke jor

Dr. Tario

Star Member
Oct 25, 2015
bolaopemire said:
Guess what, I was similarly lamenting just last week about how I feel about this AVO delay to a landed senior. Do you know the question he asked me? I'm sure you don't.

He asked if I will not mind informing CIC that am tired of waiting and won't mind calling it quits so I can do other things I wish to do. It was like pouring cold water on my body on a hot afternoon. I just kept quiet and was like, it's true o. Which option is best? To wait or to call it quit or to get anxious? I choose to wait because it is a DONE DEAL.

However, my own concerns are :p ;D How do we carry over OWAMBE parties, our ankara clothes in different styles, our chord lace, designer beads, local foods and so on. Or what is the means of unwinding na, cos I know we will gbaladun CANADA when we eventually land o.

Guyman, my guy, good to see ur cool again. The whole house is expecting the next joke jor
Seriously my dear... we need to carry some of these things ooo let's show Canadians how to have fun in the Nigerian way. A colleague of mine in Nova scotia said they have most of these our Nigerian food and local delicacies in their markets. Landed senoirs how far naaa una don begin visit their markets? Abeg jist us wetin dey :p

stev122

Mar 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2014
Nomination.....
23-03-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
No Information yet
Med's Request
No Information yet
Med's Done....
No Information yet
Interview........
No Information yet
Passport Req..
No Information yet
VISA ISSUED...
No Information yet
LANDED..........
No Information yet
dguru said:
AVO! AVO!! AVO!!!
How manny times did i call you? Please listen to the voice of reasoning and let my people Go!
All these processes should not take this long. 3 months after Medicals and no PPR yet.

Release the PPR and updates of all the other forum members by Fire and by Force Now.

Let any obtacle on the way of these positive updates wither and die IJN. Amen
Yes o I believe you o....OAU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
BabyBal said:
Hmmm... Tempers dey flare o... Make we try calm down.

Meanwhile, me I have one serious concern sha o; hope our landed seniors can help shed some light and calm my palpitating heart: I go fit find bokoto, goat meat, ogbono, semo and tinz for that side? Golden morn nko? And palm oil / palm wine? Abeg, quick response(s) would be much appreciated.

Appreciate the words of encouragement PH; tuwaile to you as always!
Hi BabyBal, have no worries, all your delicacies are available here in the African shops. There are many of such in each city that cater to Nigerian, Ghanaian, even Caribbean palates. Went to an open market recently, when I saw Chinese people haggling for cow leg and ox tail just like Iya Basira, I knew I was in the right country :)