VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2016
LANDED..........
28-05-2016
azeezbaba said:
Landing Experience (A dream come true)
Left United States
Destination: Edmonton, Canada

I was supposed to travel with my wife and 2 kids from North Carolina, US to Edmonton, Alberta via Chicago on Saturday 5th September, 2015 but we were late to the boarding gate by just 3minutes after checking in our 6 big bags, hence, we missed the flight. The boarding gate was like 15minutes walk from the security check point and my 2 year old son was just acting up that morning which contributed to us getting to the boarding gate late.

Anyway, we were rescheduled for the following day and we got there as early as possible. All our luggages already departed 24hours with the missed flight. The flight was smooth and it started with a 1 hour flight from North Carolina to Chicago, 1hour layover in Chicago, then another 3hours 21mins to Edmonton, Alberta. All passengers onboard were either American or Canadian and we were the only Africans onboard.

We arrive port of entry and the CSBA agent just collected our passports and asked where we were coming from. I told her US and she asked how I applied for the PR and I simply I told her I started the application before I left Nigeria to US for my MSC programme. That's all. She directed us to where we will complete our landing. Three Americans were attended to before us and if you see the way they were drilled, fear catch me. It was only 1 CSBA officer that attended to 5 of us that entered the room and she ended up spending 1hour 30mins with the 3 Americans. I think they came to Canada to work or something but the immigration officer really questioned them one after the other. I thought we will be questioned too but nothing like that as I was just asked basic questions on the COPR which I answered NO and we were asked to sign (All these took about 20mins). No proof of fund was asked. We signed the COPR, filled the goods-to-come form and that was it.

I just did our SIN application, Alberta Health Card is on hold as they require proof of Alberta residency. Account opening will be tomorrow and that will be CIBC as I was told they give $500 credit card to new immigrants. I surveyed all the telecoms and I settled for wind mobile which is the best from the survey I did. $39 plan for unlimited Canada-wide call and text, Unlimited US-wide call and text, unlimited global text. It costs 5cents to call Nigeria per minute. Although its coverage is not everywhere as they are new entrant in the telecoms market.

From the little time I have spent here, I have discovered that it is expensive to live in Canada than US. I was told people that live at the border areas of US drive into US to buy petrol. I used my GTB naira mastercard and I was charged $1CAD to 177naira. So please, come prepared

There are so many job listings in IT and I am packaging my CV well to fit into the labour market and by God's grace, I have strong hopes that I will land a good job soon.
Congrats to those with updates from AVO and I wish all forum members best of luck as we get our visas and are preparing to land at our various destination.
congrats on your successful landing

lahdee

Aug 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/12/2014
Nomination.....
PER: 01/03/2015
azeezbaba said:
Left United States

I was supposed to travel with my wife and 2 kids from North Carolina, US to Edmonton, Alberta via Chicago on Saturday 5th September, 2015 but we were late to the boarding gate by just 3minutes after checking in our 6 big bags, hence, we missed the flight. The boarding gate was like 15minutes walk from the security check point and my 2 year old son was just acting up that morning which contributed to us getting to the boarding gate late.

Anyway, we were rescheduled for the following day and we got there as early as possible. All our luggages already departed 24hours with the missed flight. The flight was smooth and it started with a 1 hour flight from North Carolina to Chicago, 1hour layover in Chicago, then another 3hours 21mins to Edmonton, Alberta. All passengers onboard were either American or Canadian and we were the only Africans onboard.

We arrive port of entry and the CSBA agent just collected our passports and asked where we were coming from. I told her US and she asked how I applied for the PR and I simply I told her I started the application before I left Nigeria to US for my MSC programme. That's all. She directed us to where we will complete our landing. Three Americans were attended to before us and if you see the way they were drilled, fear catch me. It was only 1 CSBA officer that attended to 5 of us that entered the room and she ended up spending 1hour 30mins with the 3 Americans. I think they came to Canada to work or something but the immigration officer really questioned them one after the other. I thought we will be questioned too but nothing like that as I was just asked basic questions on the COPR which I answered NO and we were asked to sign (All these took about 20mins). No proof of fund was asked. We signed the COPR, filled the goods-to-come form and that was it.

I just did our SIN application, Alberta Health Card is on hold as they require proof of Alberta residency. Account opening will be tomorrow and that will be CIBC as I was told they give $500 credit card to new immigrants. I surveyed all the telecoms and I settled for wind mobile which is the best from the survey I did. $39 plan for unlimited Canada-wide call and text, Unlimited US-wide call and text, unlimited global text. It costs 5cents to call Nigeria per minute. Although its coverage is not everywhere as they are new entrant in the telecoms market.

From the little time I have spent here, I have discovered that it is expensive to live in Canada than US. I was told people that live at the border areas of US drive into US to buy petrol. I used my GTB naira mastercard and I was charged $1CAD to 177naira. So please, come prepared

There are so many job listings in IT and I am packaging my CV well to fit into the labour market and by God's grace, I have strong hopes that I will land a good job soon.
Congrats to those with updates from AVO and I wish all forum members best of luck as we get our visas and are preparing to land at our various destination.
Wow congrats Azeezbaba. Nice story thanks for sharing. Wishing you God's speed and favour as you settle down.

Bbmj

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2014
Nomination.....
02-12-2014
Med's Request
16-06-2015
Med's Done....
18-06-2015
Passport Req..
27-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-09-2015
LANDED..........
29-09-2015
Silverblade said:
This is inform the house that my much awaited MR is here. Dropped at exactly 12:55pm today.
App: Nov 25, 2014
PER: Feb 12, 2015
MR: Sept 08, 2015

I urge U all expecting MR to keep hope alive, it's coming.
Who's next baby? ;D
Congratulations Silverblade! And what a way to display the announcement of your MR :

bolaopemire

Aug 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2014
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
Med's Request
21-07-2015
Med's Done....
13-08-2015
Passport Req..
10-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-2016
LANDED..........
08-06-2016
azeezbaba said:
Left United States

Anyway, we were rescheduled for the following day and we got there as early as possible. All our luggages already departed 24hours with the missed flight. The flight was smooth and it started with a 1 hour flight from North Carolina to Chicago, 1hour layover in Chicago, then another 3hours gers onboard were either American or Canadian and we were the only Africans onboard.

We arrive port of entry and the CSBA agent just collected our passports and asked where we were coming from. I told her USo US for my MSC programme. That's all. She directed us to where we will complete our landinge Americans were attended to before us and if you see the way they were drilled, fear catch me. It was only 1 CSBA officer that attended to 5 of us that entered the room and she ended up spending 1hour 30mins with the 3 Americans. I think they came to Canada to work or something but the immigration officer really questioned them one after the other. I thought we will be questioned too but nothing like that as I was just asked basic questions on the COPR which I answered NO and we were asked to sign (All these took about 20mins). No proof of fund was asked. We signed the COPR, filled the goods-to-come form and that was it.

From the little time I have spent here, I have disc

Inspiring, congratulations. Please I send u a pm

Silverblade

Nov 26, 2014
Calgary, Nigeria
Visa Office......
[color=purple][b]Accra[/b][/color]
NOC Code......
[color=purple][b]1224[/b][/color]
App. Filed.......
[color=purple][b]25:11:2014[/b][/color]
Nomination.....
[color=purple][b]CC: 20:01:2015[/b][/color]
AOR Received.
[color=purple][b]PER: 12:02:2015[/b][/color]
IELTS Request
[color=purple][b]Submitted[/b][/color]
Med's Request
[color=purple][b]08:09:2015[/b][/color]
Med's Done....
[color=purple][b]14:09:2015[/b][/color]
Interview........
[color=purple][b]NA[/b][/color]
Passport Req..
[color=purple][b]24:03:2016[/b][/color]
VISA ISSUED...
[color=purple][b]07:04:2016[/b][/color]
LANDED..........
[color=purple][b]03:09:2016[/b][/color]
Thanks KING JOHN waiting for you, so we can go to Qlife, so do come back fast

KINGSLEY JOHN said:
Congratulations my man!!! So happy for you.

Silverblade

Nov 26, 2014
Calgary, Nigeria
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
You sure are P daddy i join my faith with yours

P daddy said:
This is inform the house that my much awaited MR is here. Dropped at exactly 12:55pm today.

Who's next baby? ;D

Congrats ! Am next.

Silverblade

Nov 26, 2014
Calgary, Nigeria
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........

Silverblade

Nov 26, 2014
Calgary, Nigeria
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Thanks alot Bbmj adding some swag ;)

Bbmj said:
Congratulations Silverblade! And what a way to display the announcement of your MR :

Silverblade

Nov 26, 2014
Calgary, Nigeria
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
What was i to do pwettypwecious when the Lord is in control, all i can do is hold my peace. Thank you so much, i appreciate

pwettypwecious said:
Awwwww! Sooooo happy for you o! Silver blade. Uv been on my mind for a while. Congratulations!
Kudos to you o! You have been sooooooo calm.
I totally and wholistically celebrate with you. :p

abionah

Feb 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2014
Doc's Request.
Original offer letter and updated PoF 18-09-15
Nomination.....
17-02-15
AOR Received.
17-02-15
IELTS Request
Sent with package
Med's Request
Awaiting
Silverblade said:

Who's next baby? ;D
Weldone Silverblade.
you know say i dey follow you for back. That means say my own done reach corner.
Congrats

Silverblade

Nov 26, 2014
Calgary, Nigeria
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
abionah yes oh! its closer than U think.

abionah said:
Weldone Silverblade.
you know say i dey follow you for back. That means say my own done reach corner.
Congrats

MzWillz

Jun 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
Doc's Request.
POF 08-08-2015
Nomination.....
06-02-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
23-08-2015
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Congrats Silver blade, Joy shall never cease in our hearts. God will perfect it.

Pls house, I received a mail from oga RK yesterday to send some additional docs..pof and statement for salary acc.. i will love to know if i should send statement of the entire period i have been at my current place of work or just 6months.
Secondly, i receive cash payments as salary but used to make deposits after deducting my monthly expenses. How do i present this pls?
For Pof i intend using a fix deposit of 1.5m which i initiated on monday, been saving to boost it up. And have about 700k in my savings acc. Will these two suffice pls?

Silverblade

Nov 26, 2014
Calgary, Nigeria
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Amen and Amen, Thanks alot Canadians,

MzWillz said:
Congrats Silver blade, Joy shall never cease in our hearts. God will perfect it.
Mkbaba said:
Congratulations Silverblade. It is well with you.