Doc's Request.
sent all requested document
Nomination.....
11/03/2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
waiting
This waiting is so tasking. Is there a December applicant with MR yet?

azeezbaba

May 5, 2015
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-06-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
31-03-2015
Med's Done....
09-04-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2015
LANDED..........
06-09-2015
Landing Experience (A dream come true)
Left United States
Destination: Edmonton, Canada

I was supposed to travel with my wife and 2 kids from North Carolina, US to Edmonton, Alberta via Chicago on Saturday 5th September, 2015 but we were late to the boarding gate by just 3minutes after checking in our 6 big bags, hence, we missed the flight. The boarding gate was like 15minutes walk from the security check point and my 2 year old son was just acting up that morning which contributed to us getting to the boarding gate late.

Anyway, we were rescheduled for the following day and we got there as early as possible. All our luggages already departed 24hours with the missed flight. The flight was smooth and it started with a 1 hour flight from North Carolina to Chicago, 1hour layover in Chicago, then another 3hours 21mins to Edmonton, Alberta. All passengers onboard were either American or Canadian and we were the only Africans onboard.

We arrive port of entry and the CSBA agent just collected our passports and asked where we were coming from. I told her US and she asked how I applied for the PR and I simply I told her I started the application before I left Nigeria to US for my MSC programme. That’s all. She directed us to where we will complete our landing. Three Americans were attended to before us and if you see the way they were drilled, fear catch me. It was only 1 CSBA officer that attended to 5 of us that entered the room and she ended up spending 1hour 30mins with the 3 Americans. I think they came to Canada to work or something but the immigration officer really questioned them one after the other. I thought we will be questioned too but nothing like that as I was just asked basic questions on the COPR which I answered NO and we were asked to sign (All these took about 20mins). No proof of fund was asked. We signed the COPR, filled the goods-to-come form and that was it.

I just did our SIN application, Alberta Health Card is on hold as they require proof of Alberta residency. Account opening will be tomorrow and that will be CIBC as I was told they give $500 credit card to new immigrants. I surveyed all the telecoms and I settled for wind mobile which is the best from the survey I did. $39 plan for unlimited Canada-wide call and text, Unlimited US-wide call and text, unlimited global text. It costs 5cents to call Nigeria per minute. Although its coverage is not everywhere as they are new entrant in the telecoms market.

From the little time I have spent here, I have discovered that it is expensive to live in Canada than US. I was told people that live at the border areas of US drive into US to buy petrol. I used my GTB naira mastercard and I was charged $1CAD to 177naira. So please, come prepared

There are so many job listings in IT and I am packaging my CV well to fit into the labour market and by God’s grace, I have strong hopes that I will land a good job soon.
Congrats to those with updates from AVO and I wish all forum members best of luck as we get our visas and are preparing to land at our various destination.

Silverblade

Nov 26, 2014
Calgary, Nigeria
Visa Office......
[color=purple][b]Accra[/b][/color]
NOC Code......
[color=purple][b]1224[/b][/color]
App. Filed.......
[color=purple][b]25:11:2014[/b][/color]
Nomination.....
[color=purple][b]CC: 20:01:2015[/b][/color]
AOR Received.
[color=purple][b]PER: 12:02:2015[/b][/color]
IELTS Request
[color=purple][b]Submitted[/b][/color]
Med's Request
[color=purple][b]08:09:2015[/b][/color]
Med's Done....
[color=purple][b]14:09:2015[/b][/color]
Interview........
[color=purple][b]NA[/b][/color]
Passport Req..
[color=purple][b]24:03:2016[/b][/color]
VISA ISSUED...
[color=purple][b]07:04:2016[/b][/color]
LANDED..........
[color=purple][b]03:09:2016[/b][/color]
thorndike4u, Pace, blacky, Calgarychic, lahdee, Funky-O, Ed, McSailor, SOTAJ, flakkypastry, iya ibeji, Sainteben, Major, pwettypwecious, tbaba, fosbzy01, adaghogho, ebonnie, bolaopemire, Mabertia thanks a lot I really appreciate, The good Lord will take us to our expected end in Jesus name, Amen and Amen

viclay

Jun 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
08 Jan, 2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with App
Med's Request
07 July, 2015
Med's Done....
20 July, 2015
Interview........
I dodge it.
Passport Req..
27 Aug, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
17 Sept 2015
LANDED..........
To His glory
Silverblade said:
This is inform the house that my much awaited MR is here. Dropped at exactly 12:55pm today.
App: Nov 25, 2014
PER: Feb 12, 2015
MR: Sept 08, 2015

I urge U all expecting MR to keep hope alive, it's coming.
Who's next baby? ;D
Silverblade, Congrats. Wish you well in the next stages.

Silverblade

Nov 26, 2014
Calgary, Nigeria
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
azeezbaba Congratulations on your landing, wish you the very best in your new country

azeezbaba said:
Left United States

I was supposed to travel with my wife and 2 kids from North Carolina, US to Edmonton, Alberta via Chicago on Saturday 5th September, 2015 but we were late to the boarding gate by just 3minutes after checking in our 6 big bags, hence, we missed the flight. The boarding gate was like 15minutes walk from the security check point and my 2 year old son was just acting up that morning which contributed to us getting to the boarding gate late.

Anyway, we were rescheduled for the following day and we got there as early as possible. All our luggages already departed 24hours with the missed flight. The flight was smooth and it started with a 1 hour flight from North Carolina to Chicago, 1hour layover in Chicago, then another 3hours 21mins to Edmonton, Alberta. All passengers onboard were either American or Canadian and we were the only Africans onboard.

We arrive port of entry and the CSBA agent just collected our passports and asked where we were coming from. I told her US and she asked how I applied for the PR and I simply I told her I started the application before I left Nigeria to US for my MSC programme. That's all. She directed us to where we will complete our landing. Three Americans were attended to before us and if you see the way they were drilled, fear catch me. It was only 1 CSBA officer that attended to 5 of us that entered the room and she ended up spending 1hour 30mins with the 3 Americans. I think they came to Canada to work or something but the immigration officer really questioned them one after the other. I thought we will be questioned too but nothing like that as I was just asked basic questions on the COPR which I answered NO and we were asked to sign (All these took about 20mins). No proof of fund was asked. We signed the COPR, filled the goods-to-come form and that was it.

I just did our SIN application, Alberta Health Card is on hold as they require proof of Alberta residency. Account opening will be tomorrow and that will be CIBC as I was told they give $500 credit card to new immigrants. I surveyed all the telecoms and I settled for wind mobile which is the best from the survey I did. $39 plan for unlimited Canada-wide call and text, Unlimited US-wide call and text, unlimited global text. It costs 5cents to call Nigeria per minute. Although its coverage is not everywhere as they are new entrant in the telecoms market.

From the little time I have spent here, I have discovered that it is expensive to live in Canada than US. I was told people that live at the border areas of US drive into US to buy petrol. I used my GTB naira mastercard and I was charged $1CAD to 177naira. So please, come prepared

There are so many job listings in IT and I am packaging my CV well to fit into the labour market and by God's grace, I have strong hopes that I will land a good job soon.
Congrats to those with updates from AVO and I wish all forum members best of luck as we get our visas and are preparing to land at our various destination.

Silverblade

Nov 26, 2014
Calgary, Nigeria
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Thanks alot viclay

viclay said:
Silverblade, Congrats. Wish you well in the next stages.

blacky

Nov 14, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-11-2014
Doc's Request.
03-08-15 comp.reg. docs & salary acc stmt
Nomination.....
03-02-15
AOR Received.
03-03-15
IELTS Request
sent with Apps
File Transfer...
16-7-16 bank statement verification
Med's Request
23-02-17
Med's Done....
06-03-17
Interview........
2-5-17 RPRF+Pcc+pof+updated forms
Passport Req..
7-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
21-8-17
LANDED..........
october 2017
Azeezbaba,CONGRATULATIONS on your landing story.Enjoy canny

viclay

Jun 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
08 Jan, 2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with App
Med's Request
07 July, 2015
Med's Done....
20 July, 2015
Interview........
I dodge it.
Passport Req..
27 Aug, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
17 Sept 2015
LANDED..........
To His glory
azeezbaba said:
Left United States

We arrive port of entry and the CSBA agent just collected our passports and asked where we were coming from. I told her US and she asked how I applied for the PR and I simply I told her I started the application before I left Nigeria to US for my MSC programme. That's all. She directed us to where we will complete our landing. Three Americans were attended to before us and if you see the way they were drilled, fear catch me. It was only 1 CSBA officer that attended to 5 of us that entered the room and she ended up spending 1hour 30mins with the 3 Americans. I think they came to Canada to work or something but the immigration officer really questioned them one after the other. I thought we will be questioned too but nothing like that as I was just asked basic questions on the COPR which I answered NO and we were asked to sign (All these took about 20mins). No proof of fund was asked. We signed the COPR, filled the goods-to-come form and that was it.

There are so many job listings in IT and I am packaging my CV well to fit into the labour market and by God's grace, I have strong hopes that I will land a good job soon.
Azeezbaba indeed. Cooongratulations on your successful landing. Please keep the experience rolling in. I wish you well in your job hunting.

Bookerteee

Star Member
Aug 14, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24th Dec 2014, Debited on 26 Feb 2015
Doc's Request.
Sent with App
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
PER recieved on 21 March 2015
LANDED..........
By Gods Grace
Pipis Husband said:
Hi, guys, big congrats to all with recent updates. The journey so far has been good and God has been faithful. :)

I had an interesting chat today in one of the chat groups and felt I should share my thoughts from that chat with you all here on this larger platform. Hope you find it helpful as you prepare to come over to Canada;

Certification not important here as much as soft skills. It's good but not a big deal here as we have CEOs here with no degrees but who rose through the ranks. It's experience and the ability to 'fit' that matters so please prepare mentally and don't compare your self to others when you land.
Face your own path, ask questions, make informed choices. There are people who land and get job after 4 weeks and others who get job after 10 months. Don't be discouraged by this but be focused. Canada will test you and only those still standing after the test will smile. The opportunities are here just prepare. Some asked, 'for bankers, what do we do to get those jobs'? There's no formula other than choosing what you want and going for it thru preparation, research and effort. For bankers, you'll need to look into the CSC and IFC certifications, Google them.

Another person asked if bankers can pursue PMP to gain an entry into banking industry here. Well, bankers don't need PMP here as that's a different profession altogether. This is not like Nigeria where one person will do four or five different certifications. They (Canadians) see foreigners here with different certifications as unfocused and unreliable employees. If you are a shoe, please be a shoe and not also a pant. That's the truth.
So please don't waste your time chasing papers. Research one path, face that one and establish your self there, www.dat's all.

My bro KSA chose to go towards Lean management profession and channeled his energy in that direction. He has focused his job search in that area.
Soon, he will see results and be settled, amen. Same goes for kollins who's pursuing his passion in his own way.
I left my accounting degree and banking/internal audit experience behind to face Business Analysis here. I did my research back home and trained in it when I landed privately. Getting a job is not automatic for everybody, it's a gradual process. I'm just getting interviews calls after 3 months, God be praised. I may not be the best but I'm also not the worst. I stayed confident and focused.

The point is do your homework, be prepared and stay focused with patience. If you are the hurrying type, please Canada is not for you. This place, you will see 'something' if you don't calm down.
So husbands, please love your wife when you get here. Wives, please love your husbands. Couples, support each other truly and truly when you get here. Singles, please face your front squarely once you land. Everyone should note that 'counting bridge' is very expensive here, it drains POF.
When you start earning dollars, you can loosen up and flex a bit. Don't pay attention to pressure from home.

People will be asking you, 'how far? Have you settled down? Do you have job yet?' Just ignore those annoying questions. Nobody asks the tree if it has fruit, you will see it when time is right. Of course it's is good to ask after those who have traveled but do it 'with sense' or sensibly. People are passing through great things here so respect them and respect your self. Be sensitive and ask questions sensitively. In Canada, they don't like direct questions, I mean true Canadians so begin to learn the culture.

We do things here 'with sense'. When you get an answer to your questions, read between the lines and face your front. No need to be looking for details. It's really not your business how anyone is doing. As also said by KSA, the race is not a sprint but jeje, do your marathon and maintain your lane.

Final note, pray... pray and pray. It is God that settles us here, not friends or relatives or chat group or forum.
I wish you all the best as you search yourselves and prepare to come, God bless. Kindly share this with others :)

P.s. If you send me a PM and I'm slow to respond, please bear with me. I'm 'settling down' and will get back to you when I can ;) ;)
This is a great message. really appreciate. God bless you real good. pls wat do you mean by canadian dont ask direct question?

Ed_b_good

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2014
Nomination.....
08-09-2014
Med's Request
04-02-2015
Med's Done....
17-02-2015
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-2015
Congratulations on your landing.

azeezbaba said:
Left United States

thorndike4u

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2014
Doc's Request.
02-07-2015 (received by AVO on 27-07-2015)
Nomination.....
02-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
17-12-2014
Med's Request
02-07-2015
Med's Done....
07-07-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2016
LANDED..........
07 May 2016
azeezbaba said:
Left United States

Congratulations Azeezbaba on your landing. The Lord will perfect what He has started and bless your hustle in Canada.

fisobzy01

Star Member
Apr 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-14
Doc's Request.
all documents sent with application
Nomination.....
PER 24-03-15
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
in view
adaghogho said:
Same NOC
Same PER
Different app date.

@ fisobzy01 I sight you too. Same NOC

its ending in praise!!!
I see you too mate @adaghogho ;D ;D ;D
#TeamNoc3112 ;D ;D ;D

Irrespective of our various NOCs and app date, we shall all smile in the end ;D ;D ;D

KINGSLEY JOHN

Sep 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 -12-2014
Doc's Request.
Hospital BC and Immunization cards for Children; Updated PCC
AOR Received.
23-02-2014
Med's Request
4-09-2015
Med's Done....
11-09-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
May 2016
Silverblade said:
This is inform the house that my much awaited MR is here. Dropped at exactly 12:55pm today.

Who's next baby? ;D
Congratulations my man!!! So happy for you.

P daddy

Jun 8, 2015

Who's next baby? ;D

Congrats ! Am next.

azeezbaba

May 5, 2015
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-06-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
31-03-2015
Med's Done....
09-04-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2015
LANDED..........
06-09-2015
viclay said:
Azeezbaba indeed. Cooongratulations on your successful landing. Please keep the experience rolling in. I wish you well in your job hunting.
Viclay, did you know that indeed is one of the places we go to search for job listings? Incase you don't know, the site is www.indeed.ca

You can start searching now and adjusting your resume accordingly. You all shall hear good news from AVO very soon (Amin)