Telephone interview on 25/02/2016
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2016
LANDED..........
28-05-2016
Preferred said:
Congratulations to everyone with one update or the other.

We land safely to the glory of God in YYZ. It was a smooth journey via Ethiopian Airlines. Great flights, great rates, great service.

I almost did not post this (cos I was like what is new to say) but for the fact that I learnt a great deal from previous people's posts. So maybe this post would benefit just one person.

Before leaving, I had gotten various lists of what I would need from friends who were in CA. So I had a combined list which resulted in 12 bags = 4 extra luggages for my family size.

Landing was seamless. Our friends picked us from the airport and took us to the temporary accommodation we got through Airbnb. (www.airbnb.ca) Our friends checked the environment before we paid. The host was great and we were reluctant to leave.

1. My personal advise (which may be full of bias) is that as much as possible, try get a place -temporary or permanent- before landing. kijiji, craigslist etc would help. Getting a place reduces the strain on friendships/relationships and makes you settle down fast. People here usually have their budgets fixed so having an extra presence especially hosting a family = extra utility bills and all what not. I'd suggest we reserve placing much demands on those friendships/relationships till when they will really be needed.

2. This section is for those of us who stay in basic accommodation in Naija (your regular flat on Lagos mainland). When u get a place here, temporary or permanent - Always remember to 1) turn on your hood while cooking 2) turn on the bath fan while bathing and leave it on for a couple of mins thereafter.

3. For those of us landing in winter and do not mind buying used winter clothes you may send me PMs.

4. Bring all the naija food you can if you are a fan of naija food. Not much screening. Dried ugwu, peppersoup ingredients, seasoning, garri beans, dried fish et al.

5. I read one of the Senior's posts about pots so I carried tower pots. Very useful.

In all carry all you can. Not because you wont find them here but because you want to minimise your spending in the initial months. We got accommodation through kijiji. If you dont mind you would get used furniture on kijiji, good quality and cheap. You will even find free items if you go to the free section. The sales are usually from people who are moving houses. It is cheaper for them to sell off and buy than try carry to a new location.

6. Families with small children - please focus on getting full houses or apartments on the lowest floors. The houses here are made of wood. All those jumping and somersaulting may result in having calls or quit notice if you have neighbours downstairs. High rise buildings are not usually encouraged - crime rates seem higher there

If I remember anything, I will post it.

Canada is beautiful I must say.
thanks for the post

NG babe

Jul 21, 2015
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/08/2014
AOR Received.
PER: DEC 15, 2014
Med's Request
25/06/2015
Med's Done....
27/06/2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
4th Jan, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
January
@Canada ds year:

Thanks. I am grateful. your response was helpful

simplebabs

Jan 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2014
Doc's Request.
No Idea
Nomination.....
20-11-2014
AOR Received.
Not known
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
No Idea
Med's Request
11-06-2015
Med's Done....
09-07-2015
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
03-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2015
LANDED..........
Later
Preferred said:

We land safely to the glory of God in YYZ. It was a smooth journey via Ethiopian Airlines. Great flights, great rates, great service.

I almost did not post this (cos I was like what is new to say) but for the fact that I learnt a great deal from previous people's posts. So maybe this post would benefit just one person.

Before leaving, I had gotten various lists of what I would need from friends who were in CA. So I had a combined list which resulted in 12 bags = 4 extra luggages for my family size.

Landing was seamless. Our friends picked us from the airport and took us to the temporary accommodation we got through Airbnb. (www.airbnb.ca) Our friends checked the environment before we paid. The host was great and we were reluctant to leave.

1. My personal advise (which may be full of bias) is that as much as possible, try get a place -temporary or permanent- before landing. kijiji, craigslist etc would help. Getting a place reduces the strain on friendships/relationships and makes you settle down fast. People here usually have their budgets fixed so having an extra presence especially hosting a family = extra utility bills and all what not. I'd suggest we reserve placing much demands on those friendships/relationships till when they will really be needed.

2. This section is for those of us who stay in basic accommodation in Naija (your regular flat on Lagos mainland). When u get a place here, temporary or permanent - Always remember to 1) turn on your hood while cooking 2) turn on the bath fan while bathing and leave it on for a couple of mins thereafter.

3. For those of us landing in winter and do not mind buying used winter clothes you may send me PMs.

4. Bring all the naija food you can if you are a fan of naija food. Not much screening. Dried ugwu, peppersoup ingredients, seasoning, garri beans, dried fish et al.

5. I read one of the Senior's posts about pots so I carried tower pots. Very useful.

In all carry all you can. Not because you wont find them here but because you want to minimise your spending in the initial months. We got accommodation through kijiji. If you dont mind you would get used furniture on kijiji, good quality and cheap. You will even find free items if you go to the free section. The sales are usually from people who are moving houses. It is cheaper for them to sell off and buy than try carry to a new location.

6. Families with small children - please focus on getting full houses or apartments on the lowest floors. The houses here are made of wood. All those jumping and somersaulting may result in having calls or quit notice if you have neighbours downstairs. High rise buildings are not usually encouraged - crime rates seem higher there

Thank you for deciding to share, someone is surely blessed and you are too.

bolaopemire

Aug 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2014
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
Med's Request
21-07-2015
Med's Done....
13-08-2015
Passport Req..
10-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-2016
LANDED..........
08-06-2016
Thanks for your response @patrioticanadian. I was getting worried

@preferred, I like your experience, thanks for sharing with us, its so encouraging

Graced

Star Member
Mar 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
04-12-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
27-05-2015
Med's Done....
03-06-2015
Passport Req..
23-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-2015
LANDED..........
29-09-2015
I was scheduled for a session on the 3rd of September.......anyone else booked for that date??

Canada ds year said:
The invitation ought to be sent to MR recipients at the minimum or if PPR has been received. If you use IOM for your medicals,you could be handed the leaflet as well.( I got both an email and the invitation at IOM.) But whatever the case, you will need to make a reservation as they will tell you that there are only limited seats available. It is my opinion that there are 2 sessions in September, 10th & 24th. You can use the number and link provided by technolee above to contact them.
Hope this helps.

Graced

Star Member
Mar 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
04-12-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
27-05-2015
Med's Done....
03-06-2015
Passport Req..
23-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-2015
LANDED..........
29-09-2015
thanks Preferred for sharing.......

Preferred said:

PORPHRY

Star Member
Feb 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
29-10-14 and 01-06-15
AOR Received.
14-04-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
18-11-14
Med's Done....
21-11-14
Passport Req..
19-06-15
Preferred said:

Congrats on your safe landing, can you inform me on how to go about list of accompanying goods? do i have to list all that i have in my baggage?

mrs_0

Star Member
Aug 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2014
Nomination.....
09-01-2015
Med's Request
09-07-2015 (POf,Salary Acc,PPRF,Police report)
Med's Done....
13-07-2015 (SLU 23-07-2015, TLU 26-08-2015)
Passport Req..
19-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
February 2016
LANDED..........
May 2016
Graced said:
I was scheduled for a session on the 3rd of September.......anyone else booked for that date??
Me!

CalgaryChic

Aug 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Med's Done....
30/07/2015
Bbmj said:
Dear all,

To God be the glory. PPR arrived for myself and family yesterday August 27th. However I'm having issues paying the RPRF fees online even with a Gt bank MasterCard. Any advise will be much appreciated.

Thank you
Congrats Bbmj!!!

MacFar

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014(Returned) 02-10-2014 (App Resent)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
13-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted wt application
Med's Request
10-07-2015
Med's Done....
15-07-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
06-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2015
LANDED..........
08-09-2015
neyobash14 said:
@ simplebabs & @ macfar, kindly check your inbox for your respective UPS pick up tracking numbers. Revert once you get dem.
Congrats again guys.
Txs neyobash14 for the kind gesture and support. I got the mail and would be tracking it all the way. I'd sure notify you once I have the passports.

+1 to you broda!

CalgaryChic

Aug 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Med's Done....
30/07/2015
neyobash14 said:
For anybody intrested in using UPS for passport delivery to Accra, I have organised a special discount for people in this forum only. Once you get PPR request let me know so i can direct you to who will attend to you once you get to any UPS outlets. Of course its gonna be easier for people in Lagos to just stroll down to UPS head office in Gbagada for this. This discount applies to PPR only as passport pick up fee is fixed and cannot be discounted.
You will be needing more money when you get to Canada so why not start saving some off courier services now.
Quite thoughtful @ Neyobash!!! May ur heart's desire and ours come to pass IJMN

CalgaryChic

Aug 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Med's Done....
30/07/2015
Taliam said:
Thanks to God almighty who alone does these things .pick up arrived this morning . All will be good for us all in Jesus name.
Congrats Taliam!!

CalgaryChic

Aug 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Med's Done....
30/07/2015
ddmckay said:
congrats to all with positive updates and my sincere thoughts and prayers to all of us expecting some updates or the other, i can clearly relate with the anxiety of waiting to know ones fate.To God be the glory i got MR update on my ecas on the 27th of aug. the letter stated,we sent you a letter on the 25th of august ..........bla bla bla .we also got SLU on ecas on the 24th of aug .
name on spreadsheet deedeemckey 14th of nov 2014 applicant. please my efficient Tbaba kindly update the spreadsheet on our behalf. it will end in testimonies for us all amen.
Congrats ddmckay!!! And a big Amen too

CalgaryChic

Aug 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Med's Done....
30/07/2015
Preferred said:

All the best in your new home and country Preferred.... God bless you.

Bbmj

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2014
Nomination.....
02-12-2014
Med's Request
16-06-2015
Med's Done....
18-06-2015
Passport Req..
27-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-09-2015
LANDED..........
29-09-2015
Thanks everyone for the congratulatory messages - Quartza, SOTAJ, Demitemi, Pace, Sisi Mee, Technolee, CalgaryChic and everyone else. May God bless you all.

I ended up using Stanbic ibtc for the payment and it was a breeze.

For everyone awaiting one update or the other, God has not forgotten you. He is only preparing a special order just for you. It may tarry but it will surely come. Keep the faith alive.