+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 applicants from Nigeria - Let's network

Dotsngr

Nov 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
UNIQUE STAR said:
Hello Forumites.I have been following keenly discussions and various advices to the challenges posed to FSW applicants on this forum.I must commend everyone for this wonderful efforts.
I urgently need guidance/advice from forumites on this issue. I am a dependant(spouse)of a primary applicant for Dec 2014 awaiting MR anytime from now.There was a question asked recently on this forum with regards to Background/Declaration form about the difference between refusal of admission and temporary visa refusal to canada or any other country.The reponses of the forumites prompted me to rush back and have a second look at a copy of my application form that i submitted and i found that i made a costly mistake by ticking ''NO'' on the form for question on ''refusal of visa to canada or any other country''.This was done out of error.It was unintentional because i was supposed to have answered YES to the question and furnish them with the details especially when i know i have been refused U.S and U.K visas in the past. Also,i was refused a canadian study visa about 12years ago.I guessed what happened was that i didnt read that portion very well while filling the form.
I am really disturbed with this situation.I need advise on what to do now.Is there a way out of this situation without it affecting the outcome of our application?Is there any one in this situation in the past? kindly help out on how it was resolved.
Ain't we all guilty of same? ;D. No need to panic. Pls send a CSE or email to AVO about the error. If ure a December applicant, u need to do dt fast before they respond to u. Once u hv informed them, they will definitely get back to u on the next step to take.

CalgaryChic

Aug 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Med's Done....
30/07/2015
flakkypastry said:
It can only be Jehovah overdo!

Dear all,

I checked my ECAS status few minutes ago,and I discovered that MR was sent since August 17th. Kindly join me in appreciating the 'way maker'

Below is my timeline :
Application received Nov. 25th
PER Feb.12th
MR August 17th.
NOC y1212

As many that are expecting any form of miracle, God will locate us all.

Thank you
Congrats and Amen too......

thorndike4u

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2014
Doc's Request.
02-07-2015 (received by AVO on 27-07-2015)
Nomination.....
02-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
17-12-2014
Med's Request
02-07-2015
Med's Done....
07-07-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2016
LANDED..........
07 May 2016
flakkypastry said:
Dear all,

Has anyone used the only hospital recommended by CIC in Portharcourt?

If you have any info.response will be quite appreciated.

Pleaseee!

As advised,i contacted my agent who confirmed that medical form was sent on 17th of this month,but she had to respond to AVO cos only principal applicant's medical form was sent. Hope to get all this coming week.

Thank you all

I will definitely check my box and also contact my agent.

Thank you
Yes Flakkypastry. Prime Medical Consultants @ 4 Prime Close, Hillview Estate is good. I did my medical there and it was uploaded on ECAS a week later.
You can call 07033979904 or 08108480877 to book an appointment.

Best wishes.

djdy

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 12, 2014
Med's Request
August 4, 2015
Med's Done....
August 6, 2015
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
29/2/2016 ; resent 16/3/2016
VISA ISSUED...
20/4/2016
Thank u technolee. Im very grateful. I was actually able to generate a draft at GTBank head office in v.i for application for permanent residence fee ie 550cad.

As u have said that there is no harm in adding an updated POF with the documents already stated, i will make effort to get it done soonest.

Pls i have 2 questions
1. I did my medicals at IOM ikeja on August 6 2015 but 17days later i havent seen a change in my ECAS status either saying "medicals received/passed/ok". Do i need to be worried? The instruction to do medicals lasts for 30days ie sept 4

2. What next can i prepare for after sending my spouse documents to AVO for inclusion in my application?

Thank u and Godbless

technolee said:
You are most welcome djdy.
In this PR race, there is nothing like 'oversabi'. add a pof that would cover your family size and if you have the one that shows history of your salaries, please, add it.
As per the fee payment form, do not bother yourself to filling it because I did same and my account was never charged until I raised a CSE to AVO to asked why my account was not charged after 2months of update, they then advised that I should make the payment online and send a copy of the receipt printed online for their confirmation.
What you have to do is to get a contact in Canada or in the USA to help you make the payment and fill in your email address so you can get the receipt automatically provided that your mastercard (if you have one) bounces back while trying to pay here with it.
I wish you all the best and remember I am here to help clarify anything not clear to you.
It will surely end in praise my dear djdy.

technolee

May 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2014
Nomination.....
15-12-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
Nothing as such
Med's Request
29-06-2015
Med's Done....
08-07-2015
Interview........
Nothing as such
Passport Req..
31-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2015
LANDED..........
6th November 2015 (7:10 pm local time)
"My Hope is Built on Nothing Less"
by Edward Mote, 1797-1874

1. My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus' blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus' name.
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand.

2. When darkness veils His lovely face,
I rest on His unchanging grace;
In every high and stormy gale
My anchor holds within the veil.

3. His oath, His covenant, and blood
Support me in the whelming flood;
When every earthly prop gives way,
He then is all my Hope and Stay.

4. When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh, may I then in Him be found,
Clothed in His righteousness alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne!

Hey tbaba,
Kindly update the spreadsheet because I can't wait to get to the green region.

I received a confusing mail from AVO on the 17th August, 2015 telling me to send updated document that was never listed in the mail. I was so disturbed and I PMed like 3 members on here and of course, I took the decision to reply the mail as it is one of my hobbies. I replied asking that they break the mail down for me to really get what and what forms is required of me to send.

The next day which was 18th August, 2015, I received a mail from them telling me that my Visa is ready for pick-up and that I should arrange with a courier service.

I rushed to my usual DHL service point at Sango-otta the next day, 19th August, 2015 and paid N17,400 (without insurance of N2,000) to initiate pick up and I was copied in the correspondences between Lagos and Accra till I extracted the waybill number for me to track the package.

My visa and COPR is to arrive this week and I am yearning to sight them before looking at flight fares.

It has indeed ended in praise. ;D ;D

UNIQUE STAR

Aug 21, 2015
@Silent Reader
@Dotsngr

I thank you guys for your responses.
I will like to know if the principal applicant should raise the CSE on my case requesting AVO to advise on what to do OR better still,can the Primary applicant mail a new completed Bacground Declaration form with a covering letter to AVO.

In addition,i will like to know if only me will send another completed Background/Declaration form to AVO or the primary applicant will also send too by indicating YES on her form for me as the dependant. Although, principal applicant has never been denied a TRV before.

I eagerly await your response.

Thank you.

technolee

May 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2014
Nomination.....
15-12-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
Nothing as such
Med's Request
29-06-2015
Med's Done....
08-07-2015
Interview........
Nothing as such
Passport Req..
31-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2015
LANDED..........
6th November 2015 (7:10 pm local time)
djdy said:
Thank u technolee. Im very grateful. I was actually able to generate a draft at GTBank head office in v.i for application for permanent residence fee ie 550cad.

As u have said that there is no harm in adding an updated POF with the documents already stated, i will make effort to get it done soonest.

Pls i have 2 questions
1. I did my medicals at IOM ikeja on August 6 2015 but 17days later i havent seen a change in my ECAS status either saying "medicals received/passed/ok". Do i need to be worried? The instruction to do medicals lasts for 30days ie sept 4

2. What next can i prepare for after sending my spouse documents to AVO for inclusion in my application?

Thank u and Godbless
Just put a call through to IOM and ask if your result has been posted to AVO and be ready to tell them your UCI number, DOB, names, e.t.c.
You don't actually have to be worried as same happened to me and my medicals received status was updated on ecas after I got PPR.
If your wife has not gone for medicals, start to gather money for that and don't patronise IOM but Qlife as at when due.
Whatever is required of you would be communicated by AVO. I believe that when you get to the bridge, you'll for sure cross it.
Have a wonderful Sunday my man.
It will surely end in praise for you.

Dotsngr

Nov 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
UNIQUE STAR said:
@ Silent Reader
@ Dotsngr

I thank you guys for your responses.
I will like to know if the principal applicant should raise the CSE on my case requesting AVO to advise on what to do OR better still,can the Primary applicant mail a new completed Bacground Declaration form with a covering letter to AVO.

In addition,i will like to know if only me will send another completed Background/Declaration form to AVO or the primary applicant will also send too by indicating YES on her form for me as the dependant. Although, principal applicant has never been denied a TRV before.

I eagerly await your response.

Thank you.
Its ideal d prinicipal applicant uses the email address he registered with CIC to make this update. U can correct the first page n attach the scan copy alongside the mail. AVO'S EMAIL address is accraimmigration@international.gc.ca, but be ready to give them an updated physical copy at MR stage or PPR stage.

thorndike4u

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2014
Doc's Request.
02-07-2015 (received by AVO on 27-07-2015)
Nomination.....
02-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
17-12-2014
Med's Request
02-07-2015
Med's Done....
07-07-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2016
LANDED..........
07 May 2016
technolee said:

Hey tbaba,

I received a confusing mail from AVO on the 17th August, 2015 telling me to send updated document that was never listed in the mail. I was so disturbed and I PMed like 3 members on here and of course, I took the decision to reply the mail as it is one of my hobbies. I replied asking that they break the mail down for me to really get what and what forms is required of me to send.

The next day which was 18th August, 2015, I received a mail from them telling me that my Visa is ready for pick-up and that I should arrange with a courier service.

I rushed to my usual DHL service point at Sango-otta the next day, 19th August, 2015 and paid N17,400 (without insurance of N2,000) to initiate pick up and I was copied in the correspondences between Lagos and Accra till I extracted the waybill number for me to track the package.

My visa and COPR is to arrive this week and I am yearning to sight them before looking at flight fares.

Congrats technolee. God has made it work for it has ended in praise

tbaba

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/2014
Nomination.....
PER 12/03/2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
01-04-2015
Med's Request
24-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
Interview........
Telephone interview on 25/02/2016
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2016
LANDED..........
28-05-2016
technolee said:

Hey tbaba,

congrats Technolee, ss updated

UNIQUE STAR

Aug 21, 2015
@Dotsngr,
Thank you for your prompt response. I need to be very clear on what to do because i cant afford to commit any blunder again with the wrong i am trying to correct.

Kindly shed more light on this.I need to let you know that its the dependant that did made on his form against the question asked that ''have you been refused a visitor or temporary resident visa''? The answer should be ''YES'' but he mistakely ticked ''NO''.

I will like to know who amongst the principal applicant and the dependant should resubmit the corrected form.I agree with you that the Principal applicant will send the email to AVO informing them of the mistake on the submitted form for the dependant .I need to know whose corrected form is to be scanned and attached to the email.

Thanks

Dotsngr

Nov 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
UNIQUE STAR said:
@ Dotsngr,
Thank you for your prompt response. I need to be very clear on what to do because i cant afford to commit any blunder again with the wrong i am trying to correct.

Kindly shed more light on this.I need to let you know that its the dependant that did made on his form against the question asked that ''have you been refused a visitor or temporary resident visa''? The answer should be ''YES'' but he mistakely ticked ''NO''.

I will like to know who amongst the principal applicant and the dependant should resubmit the corrected form.I agree with you that the Principal applicant will send the email to AVO informing them of the mistake on the submitted form for the dependant .I need to know whose corrected form is to be scanned and attached to the email.

Thanks
The person whose IMM5669 section 6d was filled wrongly shd represent the correct scan copy via the prinicipal applicant’s email.

djdy

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 12, 2014
Med's Request
August 4, 2015
Med's Done....
August 6, 2015
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
29/2/2016 ; resent 16/3/2016
VISA ISSUED...
20/4/2016
Will definitely call them iom monday or better still pay a visit to the place if im chanced. I will put qlife into consideration for my spouse medicals when it is due since a lot of pple on this forum recommend them.

Lastly a BIG CONGRATULATIONS to u on the issuance of your visa. Thats very goooooooood.

Thank u and Godbless.
DjDy
technolee said:
Just put a call through to IOM and ask if your result has been posted to AVO and be ready to tell them your UCI number, DOB, names, e.t.c.
You don't actually have to be worried as same happened to me and my medicals received status was updated on ecas after I got PPR.
If your wife has not gone for medicals, start to gather money for that and don't patronise IOM but Qlife as at when due.
Whatever is required of you would be communicated by AVO. I believe that when you get to the bridge, you'll for sure cross it.
Have a wonderful Sunday my man.
It will surely end in praise for you.

UNIQUE STAR

Aug 21, 2015
@Silent Reader
@Dotsngr

[/quote]

Hello Unique Star, I also made the same error. I raised CSE enquiry on it and I got an email from AVO requesting that I submit an updated form.

I would suggest you inform AVO of the error and request for advise on how to rectify same.

Were you given UCI number during your first application and did you note it in your form? If not, kindly note it also so it is not interpreted as misrepresentation. Wishing you the best.

I will appreciate if i can get a format of the mail you sent to AVO to report this mistake.
Thanks

Bbmj

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2014
Nomination.....
02-12-2014
Med's Request
16-06-2015
Med's Done....
18-06-2015
Passport Req..
27-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-09-2015
LANDED..........
29-09-2015
technolee said:

Hey tbaba,

Congratulations Technolee!!!! ;D ;D. To God be the Glory