Waived
Passport Req..
08-06-2016 Pick Up Mail 20-06-2016 ECAS Updated to DECISION MADE 23-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2016
LANDED..........
04-07-2016
Folks..I got this from the bigger forum

When landing in toronto & looking for new rentals.
Please call this number and check with them the availability
= they have a special offer, FIRST MONTH FREE | 647-361-6708

http://www.minto.com/gta/apartment-rentals/projects/Special-Offers~148.html
http://www.minto.com/

Also refer KIJIJI
http://www.kijiji.ca/h-gta-greater-toronto-area/1700272

Best for all necessities @ 1 place.

Doyinata

Star Member
Nov 7, 2014
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/11/2014
Doc's Request.
24/08/2015
AOR Received.
15/02/2015
Med's Request
-/03/2016
Med's Done....
-/03/2016
Interview........
will not be applicable
Passport Req..
-/04/2016
VISA ISSUED...
-/04/2016
LANDED..........
-/08/2016
ayoka said:
Good evening forumites. The lord has turned my frustration to joy o. My PPR majestically and miraculously popped in today while still on bed. Was a bit reluctant to check the mail so i wont loose the sleep so i slept off. Was woken up by a knock on the door and after attending to the person i decided to check the message that pooped in. Hmmm lo and behold the long awaited message came in exactly 8.02 am and when i tried opening it(hands shaking, heart pumping fast) i jst saw the first line that said visa appears ready. I was so happy that i almost summersaulted forgetting i get belle.

God said in his words that what so ever you ask in my NAME , i will do it. He did not answer me when i was relying on my power but when i gave up all and handed to him, he showed up. My advise to all awaiting members is that in the journey of life, at one point or the other, God tends to forcefully teach us patience which i must confess i have learnt in this journey.

I give all the glory to God almighty the beginning and the end , the one who can do all things and can bend protocols for our sake.
Also i appreciate all the forum members who at one point or the other been so worried about my case (pipi husband, fnb, royaldee, angel eyes, and how can i forget u oga bensonams for your encouraging words. May God bless you all. I know i must have skipped some names but pardon me, the memory thing comes with pregnancy. I appreciate you all.
the lord who did mine will definetly do for all awaiting one update or the other.

God is good and his mercy endureth forever. The dream of having my baby in canada is real now. Praise ye the lord.
Congratulations Ayoka. I top into this blessing.

Guyman1234

Dec 5, 2014
Lasgidi
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2014
Doc's Request.
06-07-2015 (salary payments & pof)
Nomination.....
05-01-2015
Med's Request
28-07-2015
Med's Done....
04-08-2015
Interview........
Didn't happen
Passport Req..
29-02-2016 / 11-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-03-2016
LANDED..........
26/07/16
kollins said:
Dear all,
While doind some routine maintenance of the SS with respect to some duplicated applicant's name,I came across the below-listed names who have been debited but some seems not to get further updates...
norek
Ben73
Maggieforever
onyi
Guyman1234
Tripple A
Shollypee idee
jjalexj
Tolex J
rolly
Mirabella
chatterey

Please kindly help contact these applicants to be sure they are yet to get their Positive eligibility review email from CIC as it seems over-due.Either they have gotten update and have not reported or perhaps ,it has been reported but lost in the frendzy news of celebration.
Please kindly get in touch with any admin to help update the SS if you already have PER update.
If we have other applicants too whose update isn't reflected with appropriate color code,please kindly contact any admin to resolve this.
The admins are always a click away to rectify any issue on the SS.
Thanks.
Cheers.
Pls update mr admin sir,

App date 18th September 2014
Per date : 05 January 2015
Mr date : hoping soon, after my padi technolee
Datsall

akeme

Nov 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
Doc's Request.
19-02-2015
Nomination.....
10-10-2014
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
16-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Passport Req..
18-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2015
LANDED..........
07-10-2015
Thank you very much samuel.eled for ur advice, i will tell the guy to book one way to avoid all these

samuel.eled said:
I would advise your friend book one way flight to avoid any avoidable cross-examination or any problem with the border agency cos of the return ticket. Then you can book the another flight from there back to naija as you wished. Try to avoid avoidable immigration problems.

Cheers.

akeme

Nov 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
Doc's Request.
19-02-2015
Nomination.....
10-10-2014
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
16-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Passport Req..
18-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2015
LANDED..........
07-10-2015
Thank you for ur advice, i will have to tell the guy to book one way

DeeBruv said:
akeme. It is the legal obligation for any airline to inform the border agency of any country about the passengers slated on board on a particular flight. What entitles you to a ticket is your visa...whether immigrant or temporary. your visa status is not the business of the airline...all they want to confirm is if you have a type of visa that will admit you to the intended country...one-way tickets are often relatively expensive than return....but one-way is recommended for the landing.

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
tbaba said:
Kollins thanks for tidying up the ss, Tolex J also received PER in March, you can move her to green
norek
Ben73
Maggieforever
onyi
Guyman1234
Tripple A
Shollypee idee
jjalexj
Tolex J
rolly
Mirabella
chatterey

Since the date in march isn't specified,I just made it 2nd of March,2015.
Thanks.
Cheers.

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
Guyman1234 said:
Pls update mr admin sir,

App date 18th September 2014
Per date : 05 January 2015
Mr date : hoping soon, after my padi technolee
Datsall
norek
Ben73
Maggieforever
onyi
Guyman1234
Tripple A
Shollypee idee
jjalexj
Tolex J
rolly
Mirabella
chatterey

Thanks.
Cheers.

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
bonblu said:
Dear Admin,
kindly update MY TIMELINE......

Category........: FSW1
Visa Office......: Accra
NOC Code......: 2172
App. Filed.......: JUNE 2OTH
Doc's Request.: APRIL 8TH
AOR Received.: OCT 20TH
Med's Request: APRIL 8TH
Med's Done....: APRIL 15TH
Interview........: WAIVED
Passport Req..: 26TH MAY
Passport sent..: 27TH MAY
passport delivered:1st JUNE
VISA ISSUED...: 9TH JUNE
PICK UP MAIL..: 12th JUNE
PASSPORT received..:17th JUNE
Please kindly use this link to submit your details as some of the details you supplied isn't enough.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1PD3iRXXyQUBRF4pmz9McbJYYfDZpdHxjtDANyo5ib8U/viewform?c=0&w=1
Once this is done,It can always be rectified if there is there are issues.
Cheers.

Jibaba

Star Member
May 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2008
Doc's Request.
30-3-2010
IELTS Request
05-05-2011 - Scored 8.0
Med's Request
20-02-2012
Med's Done....
02-03-2012
Passport Req..
11-04-2012
Hello House

i just want to pass the info. a friend in Calgary is vacating a basement in NW . close to most amenities. the current rent is $1050. 2 bedroom and extra room .. good for study . Any one interested should PM me .

Thanks

Jibaba

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
mamaj said:
Congrats to all that have made progress. May it all end in praise for all of us.
Please has any landed person successfully exchanged the Nigerian temporary drivers licence in canada?
Seems your query was lost in the frenzy of update celebrations on the thread......I just stumbled on it now.......apologies.
I will be able to respond based on Alberta's driving regulation which I believe will be same in other provinces across Canada.
I believe you're referring to the laminated three to six months driving license been issued by frsc after your biodata capture before the original license is given to you.
It follows same process as the original license and as a matter of fact,I was able to exchanged mine with no issues.
I have addressed this before but let me expatriate more on it.
Once you land (my facts are based on personal experience in Alberta province .....should be same for other provinces subject to practical recounted experience),your main concern should be to pass your knowledge test so that you can be issued a GDL class 7 license - a learner's driving license.
The only requirement for this is to be able to present about 2 ID of yourself...with one been an Alberta government issued ID.They(Registry) may/will request for a proof of residential address to be sure you're a resident......bank statement,utility bill,lease agreement should take care of this.
Once you're able to pass the knowledge test (about 17CAD or 18CAD token),a temporary GDL class 7 license is issued to you immediately afterwhich the original license will be posted to you by mail within 10 working days......but before you leave the registry,you will be asked to submit your home country license if you have one as it's a crime to hold two driver license.
At this point,you present your home country driver's license -be it temporary or original license.
You will be asked to check back btw 2 to 3 weeks for the response given.
At this interim,your license is sent to the S.I.U (Special investigation Unit) -they have the duty to relate to our respective home countries for the authenticity of your license .....don't mind me,you won't know all these but it's actually what happen.
Once it's confirmed ,the registry will be contacted and they will tell you the result of the GDL exemption application by you which will be that you're exempted from the statutory one year GDL class 7 duration to do your road test.
It's either you have exemption to do GDL class 5 basic road test(if you have less than 2 years driving history from your home country) or non GDL class 5 advance road test(if you have more than 2 years driving history from your home country).
Just to directly answer your question,I came with my expired temporary driver's license in Alberta and have successfully gotten the non GDL class 5 advanced Alberta license with no issues whatsoever .
Hope it's clarified ...... :D
Cheers

patecole

Star Member
Jul 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-06-2014
Nomination.....
17-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Request
01-04-2015
Med's Done....
07-04-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
The poster has a valid point, but its unfortunate that things are the way they are now in Nigeria. Yes there is hope, but the question is when will the foundation of a prosperous nation begin when the same players of the 60's and 70's are not only pulling the strings behind the scene, but handing over to their "own"?

The bottom line is this, there has to be a system in place to work for a lot of things to spring up from there. Maybe with Buhari, and the clamor for change, this could be the beginning of a new dawn - lets pray so.

With regards to why there is a brain drain, I have a question for the poster - Where was he/she in the few weeks towards the end of the last government? It was absolute madness, that there could be no fuel or electricity, a litre of fuel selling at =N=500, which one was forced to buy because, of not ourselves as parents, but because there are kids that we all have to cater and provide the best for. Coupled with the crazy traffic congestion becoming like a monster one must face everyday because of no alternative routes. Once a major road/route is constructed, instead of the leaders to think of the future, and develop more roads, they will be busy advertising in the dailies of their achievements, which quite frankly, is at most times, nothing to right home about.

We need leaders with foresight, not short sighted ones, just seeing what they can gain...which brings me to say that, our social mentality has in all fairness, got to change as a people. E.g look at our driving manners, no one wants to give another driver a chance to join the highway, or change lanes to exit the highway - you don't see this in the western world. One of the basic rules of driving is give way, not block, as if we own the road.

When I was growing up, im sure some of our parents experienced all this erratic electricity, I for one did, and now I ask myself, do I want the generation after me to experience the same - HELL NO, and now there's and opportunity, i'm getting them out, end of story.

If nobody likes it, they can call the police or national guard.

Now back to the issue of what we can do for Nigeria, well one thing for sure is that most of us have one idea or the other, that can bring a positive change to our respective communities, im so sure of that; but governments (state and federal), have to provide a very enabling and conducive environment for business to thrive in, where the basics of good infrastructures are in place, or there is a genuine commitment to have them in place, with minimal wastage and corruption brought down drastically.

So in the meantime, lets go out there (US, UK, Canada or wherever, where things are working, and systems in place) learn what we can, and bring it (Knowledge or Investments) back when the opportunity comes.

Just my two cents right now, yours could be different....

kollins said:
Congrats to all of my known and unknown friends with updates....I'm so happy for you all......
Just want to encourage others too whose updates has been seemingly delayed,just be calm,composed and positive....it will end well.
For some of us who are still hoping to join the queue of those expecting updates,something positive will come...
Like always said,as much as possible I try to get along with all posts and chats in all the whatsapp group(apologies for not always posting unless necessary :D)
I saw a post from an admirer of our thread on 2013 forum thread and felt like putting it for us all to think about it and possibly comment on it with no criticism to the poster....trust me,he/she meant well....
(http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/nigerians-that-have-applied-for-federal-skilled-workers-2013-program-t160551.0.html;msg4412260#msg4412260)
I am particular touched in my heart when I read the post over and over and over again.....
Find below the post....I might try to post it on the whatsapp chat groups for deliberations too.....
Cheers.

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A Good Monday morning to you all my brothers and sisters.

I know that some are actively making travel plans while some of us are still waiting. So for those packing bags and calling airlines I want to share this info that was previously posted (Not sure where I got it from).
Average Monthly Living Expenses in Canada

Although the data may not be completely accurate, I do believe it's a good reference point.

God will see us all through, by His grace.

esttycan14

Nov 14, 2014
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/2014 from PER info
Doc's Request.
All is well
Nomination.....
03/02/2015
AOR Received.
All is well
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
All is well
Med's Request
24/07/2015
Med's Done....
28/07/2015
Interview........
Waived by God's grace
Passport Req..
26/02/2016
VISA ISSUED...
09/03/2016
LANDED..........
01/06/2016
Congrats on the reply!

superde said:
Hi all,

Just to update the house. I think AVO works sometimes on Saturdays o! At exactly 12:45pm today Saturday 20th June, I got a reply to my request for the extension of the deadline for the submission of my family's passports.

The email says and I quote: " Please be advised that an extension of 30days has been granted to you in order to submit the requested documents"

Struggling a bit with the interpretation as to the exact new deadline now. Original PPR mail says submit passports within 15 days from June 16th. Based on the extension granted, Does it mean I now have up to 45 days from June 16th or just 30 days from June 16th.

Just trying to get people's opinion.

Thanks.

esttycan14

Nov 14, 2014
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/2014 from PER info
Doc's Request.
All is well
Nomination.....
03/02/2015
AOR Received.
All is well
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
All is well
Med's Request
24/07/2015
Med's Done....
28/07/2015
Interview........
Waived by God's grace
Passport Req..
26/02/2016
VISA ISSUED...
09/03/2016
LANDED..........
01/06/2016
Congratulations Ayoka, glory to God almighty!

ayoka said:
Good evening forumites. The lord has turned my frustration to joy o. My PPR majestically and miraculously popped in today while still on bed. Was a bit reluctant to check the mail so i wont loose the sleep so i slept off. Was woken up by a knock on the door and after attending to the person i decided to check the message that pooped in. Hmmm lo and behold the long awaited message came in exactly 8.02 am and when i tried opening it(hands shaking, heart pumping fast) i jst saw the first line that said visa appears ready. I was so happy that i almost summersaulted forgetting i get belle.

God said in his words that what so ever you ask in my NAME , i will do it. He did not answer me when i was relying on my power but when i gave up all and handed to him, he showed up. My advise to all awaiting members is that in the journey of life, at one point or the other, God tends to forcefully teach us patience which i must confess i have learnt in this journey.

I give all the glory to God almighty the beginning and the end , the one who can do all things and can bend protocols for our sake.
Also i appreciate all the forum members who at one point or the other been so worried about my case (pipi husband, fnb, royaldee, angel eyes, and how can i forget u oga bensonams for your encouraging words. May God bless you all. I know i must have skipped some names but pardon me, the memory thing comes with pregnancy. I appreciate you all.
the lord who did mine will definetly do for all awaiting one update or the other.

God is good and his mercy endureth forever. The dream of having my baby in canada is real now. Praise ye the lord.

KINGSLEY JOHN

Sep 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 -12-2014
Doc's Request.
Hospital BC and Immunization cards for Children; Updated PCC
AOR Received.
23-02-2014
Med's Request
4-09-2015
Med's Done....
11-09-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
May 2016
kuskus said:
A Good Monday morning to you all my brothers and sisters.

I know that some are actively making travel plans while some of us are still waiting. So for those packing bags and calling airlines I want to share this info that was previously posted (Not sure where I got it from).
Average Monthly Living Expenses in Canada

Although the data may not be completely accurate, I do believe it's a good reference point.

God will see us all through, by His grace.
Thanks Kuskus for sharing.