AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Med's Done....
30/07/2015
kay_diwe2014 said:
I pray at this moment that by the grace of the Almighty God, the following applicants shall receive favor and their MRs shall come soon IJMN. Amen!
Rastamans Prayer
Balinga
kuskus
zeemaple
Bjenike
AVA14
primefleet
MAGICEYES
Trevor
Tkmax
codedguy31
joolagabriel
Picanto
De-Explorer
Amen in Jesus name.

esttycan14

Nov 14, 2014
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/2014 from PER info
Doc's Request.
All is well
Nomination.....
03/02/2015
AOR Received.
All is well
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
All is well
Med's Request
24/07/2015
Med's Done....
28/07/2015
Interview........
Waived by God's grace
Passport Req..
26/02/2016
VISA ISSUED...
09/03/2016
LANDED..........
01/06/2016
Congratulations FnB!
FnB said:
Thanks dalexy.
This is the journey so far:
Application received: 14th May 2014
PER: 4th September 2014
Medical request: 29th January 2015
Medical done: 17th February 2015
Passport request: 30th April 2015

esttycan14

Nov 14, 2014
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/2014 from PER info
Doc's Request.
All is well
Nomination.....
03/02/2015
AOR Received.
All is well
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
All is well
Med's Request
24/07/2015
Med's Done....
28/07/2015
Interview........
Waived by God's grace
Passport Req..
26/02/2016
VISA ISSUED...
09/03/2016
LANDED..........
01/06/2016
Welcome on board Azeezbaba and congratulations on your progress so far.

azeezbaba said:
Pipis Husband,

Great work you are doing here. Am a new member and I have uploaded my timeline in the spreadsheet accordingly but let me also post an abridged version here.

My timeline is as follows:
My NOC is 2172
1. June 19, 2014 - Submitted my application
2. Oct 09, 2014 - CC was debited
3. Oct 16, 2014 - Received my PER
4. I notified Accra of my change in residence (now studying and living in US)
5. March 18, 2015 (had a baby)
6. March 30, 2015 - Received my medical request + request for a new police clearance from Nigeria which I earlier submitted with my application in June
7. April 01, 2015 - I notified AVO about the new born
8. April 09, 2015 - New born MR came + Updated Additional Family Information form + Payment of the Application for Permanent Residence Fee for your new dependent + Copy of State issued birth certificate for your new dependant + 4 passport-sized photos for your new dependant + Copy of the biographical page from valid passport for your new dependant
9. April 09, 2015 - We all did medical
10. April 17, 2015 - AVO received medical result and e-CAS was updated accordingly
11. April 27, 2015 - AVO received all updated forms +RPRF + PCC from Nigeria + New born Application fee & Passport via UPS

This is my timeline so far. It shall end in praise for all forumites in sha Allah

FnB

May 5, 2015
My dear partners in progress,
I would love to share this info for those that has substantial fund with the pension administrators.
Please it is not advisable to resign your appointment if you intend to get 25% first initial bulk payment. To access the fund you would either need to retire ( if applicable), otherwise a sack letter would be preferred. You can apply for it after three month.
I am not really an expert on pension issue anyway, but cant leave that money!!!!!

azeezbaba

May 5, 2015
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-06-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
31-03-2015
Med's Done....
09-04-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2015
LANDED..........
06-09-2015
@Samuel.eled,
We both informed AVO of our change of address and we even wrote that our visa office be changed and the address was changed accordingly but they also stated in their response that visa office will not change and that AVO will continue to handle our cases. So in summary, AVO knows about our present location and status.

Someone told me it's not possible to do a prepaid envelop with any courier company even in Nigeria, so I wonder why AVO keeps asking people to do that in their PPR.

samuel.eled said:
He should av informed avo of his change of address to US. Anyway, he should inform avo of his present location with his staus in the US. With this, and ask for permission to get his visa stamp in the closest Canadian embassy in d US.

It's not an issue to worry about.
Pipis Husband said:
Hi azeezbaba and welcome onboard. It's a flood of silent members coming out now. lol. Wish you the best on the rest of the journey :)
Am actually new Oga Pipis Husband as I just stumbled on this forum about 3 days ago and I have perused quite a no of the threads. Keep up the good job baba. See you in Canny

bonblu

Star Member
May 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 2OTH 2014
Doc's Request.
APRIL 8TH 2015
AOR Received.
OCT 20TH 2014
Med's Request
APRIL 8TH 2015
Med's Done....
APRIL 15TH 2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
26TH MAY 2015
VISA ISSUED...
9TH JUNE 2015
LANDED..........
3rd SEPT
azeezbaba said:
Please, I have a friend who just got his PPR yesterday and he has 15days to send his passport to AVO. He is currently in the US studying and the email he got categorically stated that DHL is preferred in sending the passports. He has gone to virtually all the DHL agents and even to the DHL hub in Maryland, US but they told him they don't do return envelope for individuals except business entities. 1day is gone in the 15days given to him and he is panicking now. Is there anyone who knows how he can manage this situation of sending his passport to Accra.

Thanks
PS: I might soon be in his shoes as I am expecting my PPR and currently living in the US too

I have been monitoring comments on the board. but hence the need to help you on PPR request dilemma
There are two options towards achieving this.

Option1.. fly down to Nigeria and use the DHL return envelope as this is a special arrangement with the AVO, as i confirmed this myself at the DHL office in ikoyi.

Option2 is to look for someone to coming to Nigeria, who would help you drop it off with a trusted relative, that would do the needful with DHL.
However, There is a cost associated withwhich ever option you choose, there is a cost associated with itiand would advise to make use of Option 1.. hope this helps..
cheers!

keysgav

Feb 19, 2015
Just as Samuel.eled said, its really not much to worry about.
1. Even DHL Nigeria don't do the prepaid return envelope.... what they have is "receivers pay". maybe you should tell them in the yankees that's you want that.
Alternatively, I think he should just send the passports across to them first using same DHL. And worry about the collection later.
Call DHL Nigeria on 08039077000 after submission of passports to AVO.
All they need is the authority letter from your friend and a copy of email from AVO stating that your passports are ready for pick up.
Im sure there's always a way out

azeezbaba said:
@ Samuel.eled,
We both informed AVO of our change of address and we even wrote that our visa office be changed and the address was changed accordingly but they also stated in their response that visa office will not change and that AVO will continue to handle our cases. So in summary, AVO knows about our present location and status.

Someone told me it's not possible to do a prepaid envelop with any courier company even in Nigeria, so I wonder why AVO keeps asking people to do that in their PPR.

Am actually new Oga Pipis Husband as I just stumbled on this forum about 3 days ago and I have perused quite a no of the threads. Keep up the good job baba. See you in Canny

keysgav

Feb 19, 2015
DHL said they dont do return envelope for outside Nigeria. It seems most countries dont do prepaid return for international deliveries but if Ikoyi office is giving you that option. Very good !!!!

bonblu said:
I have been monitoring comments on the board. but hence the need to help you on PPR request dilemma

Option1.. fly down to Nigeria and use the DHL return envelope as this is a special arrangement with the AVO, as i confirmed this myself at the DHL office in ikoyi.

Option2 is to look for someone to coming to Nigeria, who would help you drop it off with a trusted relative, that would do the needful with DHL.
However, There is a cost associated withwhich ever option you choose, there is a cost associated with itiand would advise to make use of Option 1.. hope this helps..
cheers!

azeezbaba

May 5, 2015
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-06-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
31-03-2015
Med's Done....
09-04-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2015
LANDED..........
06-09-2015
bonblu said:

cheers!
I would go for option 3 which is to courier the passports to my brother in Nigeria who in turn takes it to DHL Ikoyi because I can't imagine traveling to Nigeria now o considering the cost of airplane ;D ;D ;D. Thanks for coming out of your shell to bail me out.
keysgav said:
1. Even DHL Nigeria don't do the prepaid return envelope.... what they have is "receivers pay". maybe you should tell them in the yankees that's you want that.
Alternatively, I think he should just send the passports across to them first using same DHL. And worry about the collection later.
All they need is the authority letter from your friend and a copy of email from AVO stating that your passports are ready for pick up.
This is another option I would like to try out. I think any of the above options would solve the problem. Thanks. I really appreciate

Quartza

Nov 18, 2014
azeezbaba said:
Please, I have a friend who just got his PPR yesterday and he has 15days to send his passport to AVO. He is currently in the US studying and the email he got categorically stated that DHL is preferred in sending the passports. He has gone to virtually all the DHL agents and even to the DHL hub in Maryland, US but they told him they don't do return envelope for individuals except business entities. 1day is gone in the 15days given to him and he is panicking now. Is there anyone who knows how he can manage this situation of sending his passport to Accra.

Thanks
PS: I might soon be in his shoes as I am expecting my PPR and currently living in the US too
You can use vfs, they can help send the passport to Accra and you can collect it back in their office.

bonblu

Star Member
May 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 2OTH 2014
Doc's Request.
APRIL 8TH 2015
AOR Received.
OCT 20TH 2014
Med's Request
APRIL 8TH 2015
Med's Done....
APRIL 15TH 2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
26TH MAY 2015
VISA ISSUED...
9TH JUNE 2015
LANDED..........
3rd SEPT
Quartza said:
You can use vfs, they can help send the passport to Accra and you can collect it back in their office.

as per dhl, it has to be in-person.. however, VFS is definitely anode option for you.

Mz. Johnson

Aug 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
FnB said:
Hello PH,

I'm having issue surfing through the site.
I want to inform the house that i got my passport request 30th April. Just coming back from DHL to drop the passports.
I registered as Favourednblessed (2), kindly delete the accounts and help updating into this new account.

God has been so faithful.

am favoured and blessed by the most high.
My prayer is God who started the with us will perfect all our heart desire.

Thanks for your selfless sacrifice, God bless you and your family. FNB
FnB congrats, it shall all end in praise for you and your family. You are indeed favoured and blessed.

Royal Dee

Star Member
May 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2014
Nomination.....
07-10-2014
File Transfer...
08-10-2014
Med's Request
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
23-02-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
20-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2015
Option One: let him/her go to any dhl office in US and send his/her passport to Accra. They dont do return service.
Then, when he/she gets passport pick up mail. he should go to the same dhl office and initiate a passport pick up request from Accra to US. You will have to pay separately for each of the services.

Dont worry yourself over unnecessary things. this is very simple and hassle free. This is the way i did mine also.

Option Two: Use VFS

azeezbaba said:
I would go for option 3 which is to courier the passports to my brother in Nigeria who in turn takes it to DHL Ikoyi because I can't imagine traveling to Nigeria now o considering the cost of airplane ;D ;D ;D. Thanks for coming out of your shell to bail me out.
This is another option I would like to try out. I think any of the above options would solve the problem. Thanks. I really appreciate

Anyi Nature

Star Member
Apr 14, 2013
keysgav said:

Please my people, good day all. We have been asked to submit our passports for visa on the 2 9th of April. We have about 8 days left because we just renewed our passports yesterday. We are asked to submit updated family information form lamp. I have tried now at cyber café to find the form but I can't. Please can someone kindly send me the link now to just get on with it ASAP. Many thanks