+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 applicants from Nigeria - Let's network

Summby

Mar 21, 2015
Hello good people, I need a bit of an advice here please.

In 2009 I had applied for USA visa and was refused, I later got the visa in April 2014. I submitted my FSW app in December 2014 and got my PER in March.

The problem is on reading through the post here I realized I forgot to fill the refusal details in my application.

Kindly advise on how to tackle this issue, do I raise a CSE to AVO for correction or what?

patecole

Star Member
Jul 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-06-2014
Nomination.....
17-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Request
01-04-2015
Med's Done....
07-04-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
Yeah, do that ASAP....ur not alone

Summby said:
Hello good people, I need a bit of an advice here please.

In 2009 I had applied for USA visa and was refused, I later got the visa in April 2014. I submitted my FSW app in December 2014 and got my PER in March.

The problem is on reading through the post here I realized I forgot to fill the refusal details in my application.

Kindly advise on how to tackle this issue, do I raise a CSE to AVO for correction or what?

bensonams

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2013
Mabertia said:
Blacky yes I did, I sent them CSE on tuesday 17th March and go the response today thus:

High Commission of Canada
Immigration Section
P.O. Box 1639, 42 Independence Ave, Accra, Ghana
Fax (233-21) 211-524 -www.accra.gc.ca
Haut-commissariat du Canada
Service Immigration
B.P. 1639, 42 ave de l'Indépendance, Accra (Ghana)
Fax (233-21) 211-524 -www.accra.gc.ca

Dear Sir/Madam,
For the new addition to your family, kindly provide the following:
* An Application for Permanent Residence in Canada [IMM 0008] for you.
* Updated the Schedule A: Background/Declaration [IMM 0008 SCHEDULE A] for you and your spouse respectively
* Updated Additional Family Information form [IMM 5406] for you and your spouse respectively.
* Payment of the Application for Permanent Residence Fee for your new dependent if he is accompanying.
* Copy of State issued birth certificate for your new dependant. Please note that hospital birth certificates will not be accepted
* 4 passport-sized photos for your new dependant, as per the photo specifications found in Appendix C of the visa office specific instructions.
* Copy of the biographical page from valid passport for your new dependant.
* If you have indicated your province of destination as Québec, a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) is required for yourself and all accompanying family members. We therefore request that you apply for CSQ for your spouse if he/she is accompanying. For more information, please refer to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/quebec/index.asp
Please be advised to send the above documents within 60 days of the receipt of this e-mail.
Thank you,

Immigration Program | Programme d'immigration (KAS)

High Commission of Canada | Haut commissariat du Canada
P.O. Box 1639
42 Independence Ave., Accra, Ghana

Phone | Tél.: +233 (030) 2211521
Fax | Téléc: +233 (030) 2211524

cid:image002.jpg @ 01CFF826.2959F240

Please note: By supplying your email address, you are initiating an email communication with CIC and thereby authorizing CIC to use your email address for communication with you including the transmission of personal information on your file/case. This e-mail message (including attachments, if any) is confidential and is intended only for the addressee. Any unauthorized use or disclosure is strictly prohibited. Disclosure of this e-mail to anyone other than the intended addressee does not constitute waiver of privilege. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately.

Notez: En fournissant votre adresse électronique, vous établissez une communication par voie électronique avec CIC et, par conséquent, CIC est autorisé à utiliser l'adresse électronique fournie à cette fin, y compris pour la transmission de renseignements personnels au sujet de votre dossier/cas. Ce message (y compris les pièces jointes, le cas échéant) est confidentiel et destiné uniquement au destinataire. Toute utilisation ou divulgation non autorisée est strictement interdite. La publication de ce message à une personne autre que le destinataire ne constitue pas une renonciation au privilège. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, s'il vous plaît nous en aviser immédiatement.
Plenty things to do!

obinja

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
Lagos, Nigeria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To Whom I May Benefit...

Groundbreaking Fifth Express Entry Draw For Canadian Immigration

March, 2015

CIC issues invitations to apply for permanent residence to candidates without a job offer or provincial nomination

For the first time since launching its much-anticipated Express Entry selection system for immigration to Canada, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has issued invitations to apply for Canadian permanent residence to candidates who do not have a qualifying job offer from a Canadian employer or a provincial nomination.

The latest draw from the Express Entry pool, the fifth so far, was performed on March 20. It resulted in 1,620 invitations to apply being issued to candidates with 481 or more Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points.

Prior to this draw, every candidate selected to apply for permanent residence through Express Entry had either a qualifying job offer supported by a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) or nomination from a Canadian province.

“This landmark draw from the Express Entry pool was what many candidates had been wishing for,” says Attorney David Cohen. “Earlier this month, I said that the overall trend across the first few draws offered real hope to candidates who did not yet have a job offer or provincial nomination. The latest draw will provide relief to those individuals who were selected, while giving candidates who were not selected this time more reason to be optimistic.”

“While the sharp decrease in minimum points required, as compared to previous draws, represents good news for all eligible candidates, it should be remembered that obtaining a qualifying job offer or provincial nomination remains the surest way of being issued an invitation to apply. Express Entry is a system that rewards proactive candidates,” added Attorney Cohen.

“What this fifth draw brings into play in a very real way, however, is that improving one’s human capital factors can make a big difference. For example, candidates who make efforts to improve their language skills and re-take a language test may find that this will get them over the line, as may those who increase their level of education or add work experience to their profiles.”

Important information for all candidates and applicants

Once an invitation to apply has been issued to a candidate, he or she has 60 days to file a complete application and all supporting documents. No extensions will be granted. Candidates who have been issued an invitation to apply are encouraged to submit their complete applications in good time to avoid disappointment, while those who have not yet been selected from the Express Entry pool are encouraged to gather these documents in advance.

Moreover, when taking the penalties for misrepresentation into account, it is important that the information provided and documents submitted are completely accurate in order to avoid misrepresentation. Penalties for misrepresentation may include a five-year ban on applying to immigrate to, or even visit, Canada.
Express Entry CRS Calculator

Express Entry is not an immigration program in itself, but rather a system used by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) to select candidates for immigration to Canada using the following economic immigration programs:
◾Federal Skilled Worker Program
◾Federal Skilled Trades Program
◾Canadian Experience Class
◾a portion of the Provincial Nominee Programs

bensonams

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2013
obinja said:
To Whom I May Benefit...

Groundbreaking Fifth Express Entry Draw For Canadian Immigration

March, 2015

CIC issues invitations to apply for permanent residence to candidates without a job offer or provincial nomination

For the first time since launching its much-anticipated Express Entry selection system for immigration to Canada, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has issued invitations to apply for Canadian permanent residence to candidates who do not have a qualifying job offer from a Canadian employer or a provincial nomination.

The latest draw from the Express Entry pool, the fifth so far, was performed on March 20. It resulted in 1,620 invitations to apply being issued to candidates with 481 or more Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points.

Prior to this draw, every candidate selected to apply for permanent residence through Express Entry had either a qualifying job offer supported by a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) or nomination from a Canadian province.

“This landmark draw from the Express Entry pool was what many candidates had been wishing for,” says Attorney David Cohen. “Earlier this month, I said that the overall trend across the first few draws offered real hope to candidates who did not yet have a job offer or provincial nomination. The latest draw will provide relief to those individuals who were selected, while giving candidates who were not selected this time more reason to be optimistic.”

“While the sharp decrease in minimum points required, as compared to previous draws, represents good news for all eligible candidates, it should be remembered that obtaining a qualifying job offer or provincial nomination remains the surest way of being issued an invitation to apply. Express Entry is a system that rewards proactive candidates,” added Attorney Cohen.

“What this fifth draw brings into play in a very real way, however, is that improving one's human capital factors can make a big difference. For example, candidates who make efforts to improve their language skills and re-take a language test may find that this will get them over the line, as may those who increase their level of education or add work experience to their profiles.”

Important information for all candidates and applicants

Once an invitation to apply has been issued to a candidate, he or she has 60 days to file a complete application and all supporting documents. No extensions will be granted. Candidates who have been issued an invitation to apply are encouraged to submit their complete applications in good time to avoid disappointment, while those who have not yet been selected from the Express Entry pool are encouraged to gather these documents in advance.

Moreover, when taking the penalties for misrepresentation into account, it is important that the information provided and documents submitted are completely accurate in order to avoid misrepresentation. Penalties for misrepresentation may include a five-year ban on applying to immigrate to, or even visit, Canada.
Express Entry CRS Calculator

Express Entry is not an immigration program in itself, but rather a system used by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) to select candidates for immigration to Canada using the following economic immigration programs:
◾Federal Skilled Worker Program
◾Federal Skilled Trades Program
◾Canadian Experience Class
◾a portion of the Provincial Nominee Programs
Noted.

Flosure

Jan 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
25/11/2014
AOR Received.
25/11/2014
IELTS Request
Submitted
Med's Request
12/06/2015 and 28/10/2015
Med's Done....
05/11/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30/03/2016
VISA ISSUED...
13/04/2016
LANDED..........
04/08/2016
patecole said:
Yeah, do that ASAP....ur not alone
Hi Patecole, I sent you a PM.

patecole

Star Member
Jul 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-06-2014
Nomination.....
17-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Request
01-04-2015
Med's Done....
07-04-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015

tomemeh

Jun 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2014
Nomination.....
29-09-2014...DD encashed date
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
19-12-2014
Med's Done....
24-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
What HE has started,HE will surely bring to completion!
OUR GOD NEVER FAILS....
This God is a good GOD!!
ECAS has been updated to decision made......
Kini n base bikoshope.......
The journey that started in June 2014 is coming to a fulfilling end....
This kind God oooo....I never see ur type oo.....
Halleluyah!!!!!!

obinja

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
Lagos, Nigeria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tomemeh said:
OUR GOD NEVER FAILS....
This God is a good GOD!!
Halleluyah!!!!!!
Congrats Tomemeh...all to God's glory. Happy for you.

Flosure

Jan 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
25/11/2014
AOR Received.
25/11/2014
IELTS Request
Submitted
Med's Request
Med's Done....
05/11/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30/03/2016
VISA ISSUED...
13/04/2016
LANDED..........
04/08/2016
tomemeh said:
OUR GOD NEVER FAILS....
This God is a good GOD!!
Halleluyah!!!!!!
Congrats Tomemeh. It is surely ending in praise.

Flosure

Jan 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
25/11/2014
AOR Received.
25/11/2014
IELTS Request
Submitted
Med's Request
Med's Done....
05/11/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30/03/2016
VISA ISSUED...
13/04/2016
LANDED..........
04/08/2016
patecole said:
Just replied...
Thanks, I sent you another response via PM on the same topic.

SOTAJ

Mar 29, 2013
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-Oct-2014
Nomination.....
15-Jan-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
10-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
24-Jul-2015
Interview........
N/A By His grace
Passport Req..
25-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-Mar-2016
LANDED..........
02-May-2016
tomemeh said:
OUR GOD NEVER FAILS....
This God is a good GOD!!
Halleluyah!!!!!!
Congratulations!

Royal Dee

Star Member
May 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2014
Nomination.....
07-10-2014
File Transfer...
08-10-2014
Med's Request
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
23-02-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
20-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2015
Congratulations Tomemeh

tomemeh said:
OUR GOD NEVER FAILS....
This God is a good GOD!!
Halleluyah!!!!!!