+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 applicants from Nigeria - Let's network

Dotsngr

Nov 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Balinga said:
Torontor_Raptor, I would have responded exactly this way, my thoughts exactly. You spoke my mind on almost all (nay all) your points. Some of us are more particular about the quality of life than "riches", more concerned about where our children grow up than spoiling them with the millions. Some of us carry mentalities that this system stifles. And it is true that things will not just start 'boom' in Canada, it will take time; we may have to become people without cars even though we have cars now, we may have to step to a two room apartment from a 4 room, salary may drop a bit, but it will be just for a while. There is one other point Toronto_Raptor mentioned that I really really agreed with (that i have been talking about) - the point about starting again. The challenge of starting again is exciting to me o. Right now, I'm a time in my life where I'm in a comfort zone, i need the challenge of new start.

Above all, Perparation is key. Prayer is the answer. Patience is invaluable. Contentment is vital. Hope is refreshing. Hardwork is golden.

+1 for you Toronto_Raptor
Balinga my broda, you hv 'dotted' it well. It shall end in praise, Amen

SOTAJ

Mar 29, 2013
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-Oct-2014
Nomination.....
15-Jan-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
10-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
24-Jul-2015
Interview........
N/A By His grace
Passport Req..
25-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-Mar-2016
LANDED..........
02-May-2016
Lolesky said:
I congratulate SOTAJ and Charmbelle on the arrival of their PER. I pray mine come speedily too. Our CC was charge almost the same date. I hope I wont have to remain in the agbada of patience for PER for so long. I also congratulate those that received positive response from CIC this week.
@ Toronto_Raptor thank you for the post. It was on point and insighful.
@ Lolesky,thankk you. Don't worry, your PER is on the way. Just believe HIM and keep calm. It will surely come.

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
phood2 said:
Hello my Peeps,

I recently found out about this forum and just registered on my desktop after initial challenge trying to do so on my tablet. God bless the author (and all the contributors too!) of this knowledge-sharing platform. May we all laugh at last in Jesus Name.

First thing first....My timeline

Application sent 12 June 2014
Received 17 June 2014
CC charged 30Sept
PER mail received 8 Oct 2014
MR...next in line.....

Now.....I need some advice pls....

After submitting my application in June 2014, my daughter gained admission to study in Canada. She moved there in Aug 2014 after securing 4-year study permit. Now I am expecting MR, etc, How does this work since myself, my wife and other children are in Naija? Will my daughter schooling in Canada be allowed to do her medical there while the rest of us do ours here? If so, how does the whole medicals result/ package come together since (I assume) it is to be sent by each clinic directly to AVO. Or will the clinic in Canada send my daughter's result to the clinic in Lagos (where the rest of us conduct ours) to package all together to AVO? Also, when they request for our passports, will my daughter be able to process her PR visa in Canada (like those applying from inside Canada???) while the rest of us work the normal process with AVO. Or will she have to DHL her passport to us to be forwarded along with other to AVO.

Appreciate any piece of advice/ experience/ lessons learnt from any forumite (or others).....I am trying to be ahead of the game and prepare before the MR arrives.

I know I will not be disappointed here.

God bless you all real good!
Congrats on your timeline.
Doing medicals at different locations is not an issue as we have some of us that did it like that with no issues in the 2013 applicants.All she needs do is to take her customized medical form which each of your family members will receive to any CIC approved hospital within Canada.
On this form ,she will have her personal details on it including the application number of the principal applicant in your family.Her UCI number will also be there.....in short,all of her personal details that you fill on the generic form will be replicated on the medical form in her name.
With the application number,it will be easy to link each member of the family together irrespective of the location you individually choosed to do your medicals.The medicals is done ,electronically sent to London for analysis before been routed back as successful to the local visa office identified on the generic form.On your side,try to do the medicals on the same day with your daughter .......just one day or two difference is good so that your result will be analysed same time without delay.
On your daughter's status as a student in Canada,please raise a CSE immediately to notify Accra visa office to ask for there advice especially during passports request.
Cheers.

Kayb

May 25, 2012
Canada
IELTS Request
Submit with application
gentleiphy said:
@ PipisHusband,
Please i need to know something...my application was received August 27th under NOC 1212 and DD was encashed 4th Dec but since then i have not gotten the PER mail....oga Kollins advised that i try calling CIC as well as send a mail to that effect....i sent a mail but as we know it takes up to 50-60days for response to come..however i started calling CIC to see if i can get my UCI number which up to 20times within 3 weeks they refused giving me saying they cant give me the information i should e mail CIO. However i got lucky just today and they gave me my UCI number.When i checked the ECAS it showed my full name and IN PROCESS underlined.When i click on the IN PROCESS it said...We received your application on 27 August

please what does that mean....is it they sent PER and i didn't see it or they are yet to send?
Congratulations cos it means you either have missed your PER mail or you used a wrong email address. Check your spam folder or if you use gmail check all d folders. Then send a CSE to ACCRA on your email address on their records include your valid email to the mail and instruct them to use that email for any correspondence.
Cheers
Kayb

Sambade

Jul 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/10/2014
Doc's Request.
Sept 1, POF and salary acc
Nomination.....
19/01/2015
Med's Request
04-04-2016
Med's Done....
06-04-2016
Passport Req..
18-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2016
LANDED..........
21-06-2016
Page 419,it is well

lanky

Jan 1, 2015
Hi all, just wanted to make d page busy..hehe, submitted application Dec 27, patiently waiting... mean while guys please vote Buhari... :)

gentleiphy

May 18, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-08-2014
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
PER 14-01-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
14-01-2015
Med's Request
26-06-2015
Med's Done....
30-06-2015..SLU 21-07-15(Medical result received)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2015
LANDED..........
06-11-2015
Sambade said:
Page 419,it is well

page 419ja....all the way and 4all9ja

gentleiphy

May 18, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-08-2014
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
PER 14-01-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
14-01-2015
Med's Request
26-06-2015
Med's Done....
30-06-2015..SLU 21-07-15(Medical result received)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2015
LANDED..........
06-11-2015
Kayb said:
Congratulations cos it means you either have missed your PER mail or you used a wrong email address. Check your spam folder or if you use gmail check all d folders. Then send a CSE to ACCRA on your email address on their records include your valid email to the mail and instruct them to use that email for any correspondence.
Cheers
Kayb
Thanks Kayb...but PER mail dropped that same day i raised that question Jan 14th 2015....it was never sent before ...my case was a case of testimony...as DD was cashed since 21 Nov 2014...my ECAS even came alive some days before the PER dropped.

CalgaryChic

Aug 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Med's Done....
30/07/2015
subsidy12 said:
So out of anxiety i used this stunts today and after 4 trials i got my UCI from the only lady who picked my calls, the other guys were too mean to release it, so i looked it up online and it says in Process: we received your application on 16th October. Does that mean PER is on its way?
Most def Subsidy12! Hearty congratulations are in order.

DeeBruv

Aug 27, 2014
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Doc's Request.
WES FSW Platform update 12-12-2014
Nomination.....
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
17-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
29th June 2016
Med's Done....
06-07-2015, Updated forms req and RPRF 17-07-2015, Medicals Received 20-05-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-06-2016 Pick Up Mail 20-06-2016 ECAS Updated to DECISION MADE 23-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2016
LANDED..........
04-07-2016
Page No 419. I a glad to be in this forum. I love you allĺlllllllll

simplebabs

Jan 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2014
Doc's Request.
No Idea
Nomination.....
20-11-2014
AOR Received.
Not known
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
No Idea
Med's Request
11-06-2015
Med's Done....
09-07-2015
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
03-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2015
LANDED..........
Later
Dotsngr said:
Wisdom is profitable to use in decisions like this. Firstly, have you landed? If you have what plans did you put in place while still in naija to meet up Canadian work requirements?

Secondly, are you still in naija? What plans are you currently undertaking to fit into Canada when the visa finally lands?

Seniors have said it time n time again, threads have been posted, advice given on this forum regarding this and the summary has always been certify certify certify. Save save n save. Plan plan and plan.

Let us keep at d back of our mind that the million dollar job may not kick in as soon as we relocate but we must prepare ourselves such that when opportunity comes knocking we are not found lacking in certifications and qualifications. Its not a guarantee but it puts our feet in the door.

Ka Chineke Mezie okwu...... Iseeee.
Dear Dotsngr and other Seniors,

Thank you for yr kind response.

The savings part is well understood.

Whats sought of certifications could Naija Accountant do to fit into Canada system while awaiting visa in Naija?

Regards

simplebabs

Jan 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2014
Doc's Request.
No Idea
Nomination.....
20-11-2014
AOR Received.
Not known
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
No Idea
Med's Request
11-06-2015
Med's Done....
09-07-2015
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
03-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2015
LANDED..........
Later
Toronto_Raptor said:
Let me give you my opinion. My opinion I said. I repeat ... My Opinion! [before this turns into another argument or debate].

If your motivation for moving to Canada is to get rich [or richer], then it's going to be tough on you over there. You may be disappointed. However, this is not to say a lot of our brothers/sisters have not become richer moving over there ... You must have seen the good responses from Dotsngr and Preferred ... "prepare to blend in".

It is most likely you are going to be in paid employment just like you have been here in Nigeria ... what the hell, it is the same rat race the world over, but there are differences in the quality of life. You don't have to be rich in Canada to lead a decent life (with quality), but in Nigeria you could go on complaining with your high-paying job. With your big money, you still have to queue for petrol, you still have to queue for diesel to run your big generator that will produce big noises, competing with your neighbours for who causes the most noise pollution and air pollution. No good enough roads to enjoy your nice cars (frankly a lot of us do not enjoy driving down here). What about the health care system? - you still use your big money to fly abroad to get it right. Education? - you always want to get it abroad ... even the employers in Nigeria are biased in favour of the guy with a foreign certificate. I'm sure many of us can add lots of items to this list.

Now about getting rich: it is way easier to get rich in Nigeria as long as you are willing to do "what it takes". Please do not ask me what that means. Anyway as I was saying ... In Nigeria, there are lots of shortcuts to getting rich (this is an attraction to many of us). In Nigeria, you can get away with a lot of Lawlessness (and this is what many of our brothers call Freedom - the freedom they say they miss when they live abroad in well developed societies). If money is your motivation, there is plenty of it here in Nigeria!

If your motivation is to get a better quality of life, then this is as good as guaranteed! You don't have to be rich to get it. Safe country to live in and you will have your peace of mind. You will have to work hard, but hard work pays off there ... unlike in Nigeria where shortcuts seem to be the major deal.

Personally my motivation is to get a better quality of life. Even if I earn less financially in Canada, I am sure I'd still prefer my life over there. I look forward to the opportunity of starting afresh (yes! that thing you are scared of is what I want - to start afresh!). I want to see the world (I know enough about it for me to live without seeing it). Moving over will give me better opportunities to see the world. I will have the opportunity of becoming a Canadian citizen which will further enhance my chances of actualizing my previous statement. We all know all the headaches with getting Visas on the almighty green passport - do we really think it will be the same with a Canadian passport?

Another problem some of us face is that we want to migrate physically, but do not plan to migrate our mentality. The culture is different and you have to adapt/tolerate/integrate. If you want to stick to your "Nigerian-ness" then it's best you just stay back home ... maybe just visit us in Canada on vacations only :D

Simplebabs, you may need to ask yourself the real pertinent question - "WHY DO I REALLY WANT TO MOVE TO CANADA?" Answer it truthfully and your decisions will be easier to take.
Once again ... my opinion! And yes I'm opinionated! :p :p
Dear Toronto_Raptor,

Your submission is well said and I cant agree less with you. Just that one needs to take necessary caution and make widespread consultation before taking such a big and life changing decision.

Thank you.

Royal Dee

Star Member
May 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2014
Nomination.....
07-10-2014
File Transfer...
08-10-2014
Med's Request
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
23-02-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
20-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2015
This page number thou..........

zeemaple

Star Member
May 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2014
Nomination.....
16-10-2014
lanky said:
Hi all, just wanted to make d page busy..hehe, submitted application Dec 27, patiently waiting... mean while guys please vote Buhari... :)
please not here! !!!!!! Do it in Nairaland.

gokefolusho

Aug 8, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2015
AOR Received.
17-09-2015
simplebabs said:
Dear Dotsngr and other Seniors,

Thank you for yr kind response.

The savings part is well understood.

Whats sought of certifications could Naija Accountant do to fit into Canada system while awaiting visa in Naija?

Regards
Hello, for accountants, ACCA is globally recognized. Also you can check out some jobs that are related and their specific requirements. Try www.indeed.ca. Cheers