NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2014
Nomination.....
09-01-2015
Med's Request
09-07-2015 (POf,Salary Acc,PPRF,Police report)
Med's Done....
13-07-2015 (SLU 23-07-2015, TLU 26-08-2015)
Passport Req..
19-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
February 2016
LANDED..........
May 2016
Preferred said:
Well said.

While we are waiting, there a number of online courses and certifications that can be done in Naija.

There would always be opportunities like you said. Success = when preparation meets opportunities.

My suggestion is that we should run a search on the kinda jobs we would like to take up in Canada, focus on the requirements and begin to upgrade ourselves to meet the requirements. A lot of people start doing the upgrade when they land, a few do it before leaving here.

I have an ex-colleague who landed last year and started work as a Recruiter in Canada about 3 months after landing...

While upgrading and certifying, we should also pray. We should also remember that prayer without works (skill, attitude, competence) is......

While we are sooo consumed (people like me) with leaving Naija, we should plan to leave Naija fully armed...with food, clothing, skills, refined attitude, global mindset et al.

It is the same internet we use to post on this forum that we would require in checking for jobs and doing online courses plus a few bucks (some online courses go for as low as 200CAD).

Certification puts our feet in the door like u rightly said. For those of us who never really attended interviews in Naija, we could get professional HR people to conduct dry run interviews for us before we leave. When a person's certificates open the door, his/her performance at interviews will shut the door either with him/her inside or outside....

Here are a few links that could help us chart our certification/designation path;

1. for professional managers http://cim.ca/prodev/pmgr
2. for marketing professionals http://www.cmmp.ca/cmmp-certification/
3. for sales professionals http://www.cpsa.com/certifiedsalesprofessional.aspx
4. for information technology professionals http://www.cips.ca/isp
5. for supply chain management professionals http://www.scmanational.ca/education-a-accreditation/scmp-designation-program-
6. for real estate professionals http://www.reic.ca/DESIGNATIONS
7. for insurance professionals http://www.insuranceinstitute.ca/
8. for customer service, counselling, community workers http://www.ccpcglobal.com/certification/
9. for financial advisors http://www.advocis.ca/forPublic/designations.html
10. for safety engineers www.csse.org

My first +1 for u. Thank you sir.

Tehillah

Star Member
Jan 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/09/2014
Nomination.....
07/01/2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
13/07/2015
Med's Done....
15/07/2015
Passport Req..
06/08/2015
VISA ISSUED...
31/08/2015
LANDED..........
05/11/2015
Toronto_Raptor said:
Let me give you my opinion. My opinion I said. I repeat ... My Opinion! [before this turns into another argument or debate].

If your motivation for moving to Canada is to get rich [or richer], then it's going to be tough on you over there. You may be disappointed. However, this is not to say a lot of our brothers/sisters have not become richer moving over there ... You must have seen the good responses from Dotsngr and Preferred ... "prepare to blend in".

It is most likely you are going to be in paid employment just like you have been here in Nigeria ... what the hell, it is the same rat race the world over, but there are differences in the quality of life. You don't have to be rich in Canada to lead a decent life (with quality), but in Nigeria you could go on complaining with your high-paying job. With your big money, you still have to queue for petrol, you still have to queue for diesel to run your big generator that will produce big noises, competing with your neighbours for who causes the most noise pollution and air pollution. No good enough roads to enjoy your nice cars (frankly a lot of us do not enjoy driving down here). What about the health care system? - you still use your big money to fly abroad to get it right. Education? - you always want to get it abroad ... even the employers in Nigeria are biased in favour of the guy with a foreign certificate. I'm sure many of us can add lots of items to this list.

Now about getting rich: it is way easier to get rich in Nigeria as long as you are willing to do "what it takes". Please do not ask me what that means. Anyway as I was saying ... In Nigeria, there are lots of shortcuts to getting rich (this is an attraction to many of us). In Nigeria, you can get away with a lot of Lawlessness (and this is what many of our brothers call Freedom - the freedom they say they miss when they live abroad in well developed societies). If money is your motivation, there is plenty of it here in Nigeria!

If your motivation is to get a better quality of life, then this is as good as guaranteed! You don't have to be rich to get it. Safe country to live in and you will have your peace of mind. You will have to work hard, but hard work pays off there ... unlike in Nigeria where shortcuts seem to be the major deal.

Personally my motivation is to get a better quality of life. Even if I earn less financially in Canada, I am sure I'd still prefer my life over there. I look forward to the opportunity of starting afresh (yes! that thing you are scared of is what I want - to start afresh!). I want to see the world (I know enough about it for me to live without seeing it). Moving over will give me better opportunities to see the world. I will have the opportunity of becoming a Canadian citizen which will further enhance my chances of actualizing my previous statement. We all know all the headaches with getting Visas on the almighty green passport - do we really think it will be the same with a Canadian passport?

Another problem some of us face is that we want to migrate physically, but do not plan to migrate our mentality. The culture is different and you have to adapt/tolerate/integrate. If you want to stick to your "Nigerian-ness" then it's best you just stay back home ... maybe just visit us in Canada on vacations only :D

Simplebabs, you may need to ask yourself the real pertinent question - "WHY DO I REALLY WANT TO MOVE TO CANADA?" Answer it truthfully and your decisions will be easier to take.
Once again ... my opinion! And yes I'm opinionated! :p :p
Well said Toronto_Raptor, thanks for making it so easy for some of us to decide.

Tripple A

Jan 13, 2015
Pipis Husband said:
Hello Tripple A, thanks for your timeline. We would appreciate if you entered your details into the FSW 2014 Nigeria applicants spreadsheet. You can also check out the timelines of other applicants on the spreadsheet, the links are below here. Cheers :)
Hi PipisHusband,

I tried but could not get a hang of it. I could not enable editing. Can you tell me how to go about it? Thanks

Mz. Johnson

Aug 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
Preferred said:
Well said.

While we are waiting, there a number of online courses and certifications that can be done in Naija.

There would always be opportunities like you said. Success = when preparation meets opportunities.

My suggestion is that we should run a search on the kinda jobs we would like to take up in Canada, focus on the requirements and begin to upgrade ourselves to meet the requirements. A lot of people start doing the upgrade when they land, a few do it before leaving here.

I have an ex-colleague who landed last year and started work as a Recruiter in Canada about 3 months after landing...

While upgrading and certifying, we should also pray. We should also remember that prayer without works (skill, attitude, competence) is......

While we are sooo consumed (people like me) with leaving Naija, we should plan to leave Naija fully armed...with food, clothing, skills, refined attitude, global mindset et al.

It is the same internet we use to post on this forum that we would require in checking for jobs and doing online courses plus a few bucks (some online courses go for as low as 200CAD).

Certification puts our feet in the door like u rightly said. For those of us who never really attended interviews in Naija, we could get professional HR people to conduct dry run interviews for us before we leave. When a person's certificates open the door, his/her performance at interviews will shut the door either with him/her inside or outside....

Here are a few links that could help us chart our certification/designation path;

1. for professional managers http://cim.ca/prodev/pmgr
2. for marketing professionals http://www.cmmp.ca/cmmp-certification/
3. for sales professionals http://www.cpsa.com/certifiedsalesprofessional.aspx
4. for information technology professionals http://www.cips.ca/isp
5. for supply chain management professionals http://www.scmanational.ca/education-a-accreditation/scmp-designation-program-
6. for real estate professionals http://www.reic.ca/DESIGNATIONS
7. for insurance professionals http://www.insuranceinstitute.ca/
8. for customer service, counselling, community workers http://www.ccpcglobal.com/certification/
9. for financial advisors http://www.advocis.ca/forPublic/designations.html
10. for safety engineers www.csse.org
Yes oh Preferred,you are so right. Thanks mate for this useful info.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Tripple A said:
Hi PipisHusband,

I tried but could not get a hang of it. I could not enable editing. Can you tell me how to go about it? Thanks
Hi, please use a laptop or desktop and access this link to enter your details on the 2014 Nigerian applicants spreadsheet: http://goo.gl/forms/wjgGULXe3D

A number of mobile devices have connectivity issues to the spreadsheet please.

Mz. Johnson

Aug 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
Dotsngr said:
Yippeee that is really nice to know. We are with you in prayers. This would work IJN, amen. Shalom
My buddy,my buddy yes oh. You have also been quiet lately. What's up?

Mz. Johnson

Aug 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
Sambade said:
Nice one,a very great attitude to approach towards the Canada project,God will see us through....it will end in Praise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes oh, it will surely end in praise in Jesus mighty name, Amen!!!

Mz. Johnson

Aug 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
gentleiphy said:
wow! kpa kpa kpakpa kpaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...clap clap for MZ Johnson...thats the spirit jare...we are on speed lane .o. no dulling...wish you all the very best and more speed in all the PNP and EE process....None of them shall pass you by...no weapon whatsoever shall see this application IJN.Amen....we will meet in Canny for sure.
Thanks my buddy, I will host this year's christmas dinner for members of this forum in Halifax. ;D :D

tbaba

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/2014
Nomination.....
PER 12/03/2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
01-04-2015
Med's Request
24-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
Interview........
Telephone interview on 25/02/2016
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2016
LANDED..........
28-05-2016
aduni said:
Hi my good people, this news filtered from my agent to me yesterday:
I observed that they have charged us for your application which is a good development.

Application sent Nov. 13
NOC 121

REJOICE WITH ME.
congrat aduni

iya ibeji

Sep 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2014
Nomination.....
10-02-2015
Med's Request
13-08-2015
Med's Done....
14-08-2015
Passport Req..
02-03-2016
Toronto_Raptor said:
Let me give you my opinion. My opinion I said. I repeat ... My Opinion! [before this turns into another argument or debate].

If your motivation for moving to Canada is to get rich [or richer], then it's going to be tough on you over there. You may be disappointed. However, this is not to say a lot of our brothers/sisters have not become richer moving over there ... You must have seen the good responses from Dotsngr and Preferred ... "prepare to blend in".

It is most likely you are going to be in paid employment just like you have been here in Nigeria ... what the hell, it is the same rat race the world over, but there are differences in the quality of life. You don't have to be rich in Canada to lead a decent life (with quality), but in Nigeria you could go on complaining with your high-paying job. With your big money, you still have to queue for petrol, you still have to queue for diesel to run your big generator that will produce big noises, competing with your neighbours for who causes the most noise pollution and air pollution. No good enough roads to enjoy your nice cars (frankly a lot of us do not enjoy driving down here). What about the health care system? - you still use your big money to fly abroad to get it right. Education? - you always want to get it abroad ... even the employers in Nigeria are biased in favour of the guy with a foreign certificate. I'm sure many of us can add lots of items to this list.

Now about getting rich: it is way easier to get rich in Nigeria as long as you are willing to do "what it takes". Please do not ask me what that means. Anyway as I was saying ... In Nigeria, there are lots of shortcuts to getting rich (this is an attraction to many of us). In Nigeria, you can get away with a lot of Lawlessness (and this is what many of our brothers call Freedom - the freedom they say they miss when they live abroad in well developed societies). If money is your motivation, there is plenty of it here in Nigeria!

If your motivation is to get a better quality of life, then this is as good as guaranteed! You don't have to be rich to get it. Safe country to live in and you will have your peace of mind. You will have to work hard, but hard work pays off there ... unlike in Nigeria where shortcuts seem to be the major deal.

Personally my motivation is to get a better quality of life. Even if I earn less financially in Canada, I am sure I'd still prefer my life over there. I look forward to the opportunity of starting afresh (yes! that thing you are scared of is what I want - to start afresh!). I want to see the world (I know enough about it for me to live without seeing it). Moving over will give me better opportunities to see the world. I will have the opportunity of becoming a Canadian citizen which will further enhance my chances of actualizing my previous statement. We all know all the headaches with getting Visas on the almighty green passport - do we really think it will be the same with a Canadian passport?

Another problem some of us face is that we want to migrate physically, but do not plan to migrate our mentality. The culture is different and you have to adapt/tolerate/integrate. If you want to stick to your "Nigerian-ness" then it's best you just stay back home ... maybe just visit us in Canada on vacations only :D

Simplebabs, you may need to ask yourself the real pertinent question - "WHY DO I REALLY WANT TO MOVE TO CANADA?" Answer it truthfully and your decisions will be easier to take.
well said +1 for you for the wonderful write-up.

indeed we all need to ask ourselves why we are moving or why we want to move.

Tripple A

Jan 13, 2015
meemee said:
MR & RFPR Received y'all.

June 12 applicant. NOC 0112. PER Oct 8, 2014. Request for updated POF by AVO- Dec 22, 2014. POF update sent Dec 23, 2014.

Will update details on SS soon.
Hi Meemee congrats,
I would like to know if you were aked to submit IELTS for your spouse. It seems your destination is in Alberta, which is same as mine and I am HR Manager too. Have you registered with HRIA (Human Resource Institute of Alberta) at all? Certification is very important there oo. My brother was only able to land a very lucrative job after getting a certification.

Mrs L

Star Member
May 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2014
Nomination.....
14-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
12-06-2015
Med's Done....
16-06-2015
Passport Req..
21-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-07-2015
Toronto_Raptor said:

I agree with you 100%. I couldn't have put it better :)

Ed_b_good

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2014
Nomination.....
08-09-2014
Med's Request
04-02-2015
Med's Done....
17-02-2015
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-2015
+1 to you for this beautiful opinion of your, I could not have said it any batter.

Toronto_Raptor said:

Jmoney

Star Member
Jun 13, 2014
My people,
As we prepare to go to Canada i feel it's important to properly plan our immigration process along with prayers.I have scoured this forum to see settlement stories of successful immigrants and they are not much here. Rather you find a lot of negativity e.g http://canadianimmigrant.ca/community/why-some-immigrants-want-to-leave-canada. This could be because the successful ones are no longer posting on the forum or too busy but there seems to be a paucity of stories from them.
I like reading both negative and positive sides of the story to understand why some succeeded and others failed. I pray we will all succeed in Canada and for those of us who have gotten PER i would advise we start worrying more about what we need to do to be ready for the canadian job market because you are almost there once you pass ur medicals. I know the link above has a lot of discouraging stories but i believe some of us will learn certain things from it.

kay_diwe2014

Aug 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2014
Nomination.....
17-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
@Toronto_Raptor, respect! It couldn't have been worded better that that.

Toronto_Raptor said: