+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 applicants from Nigeria - Let's network

Dotsngr

Nov 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good day people, pls does anyone remember the thread that has the link for express entry on this forum? I want to give it to someone. Thanks in advance

ola.salamis

Oct 4, 2014
Hi People

I need a fast advice from you guys based on your experience. I submitted through my lawyers for NOC 1114 but without my detailed letter from my employers but supported with payslips, promotion letters etc , i also added email from HR saying they wont issue letter to support immigration . Based on the advises from fellow forumites , i have gotten a senior colleague to write the letter in a detailed format supporting with his complimentary card. kindly advise on the best option to use because of time and the deadline for submission. My application was received o the 6th of October and i used DD

1. Do i send the documents as addendum knowing fully well that completeness check would have been done on my application
2. Upload the documents to a portal someone in this forum advised https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx, and expect they will add it to my application
3 Or send another application all together and probably put CC as mode of payment this time , if i am luck this one is successful i tell my bank to decline authorization. Please note that i don't have the original of my IELTS and WES evaluation, i submitted with the initial application.
Can someone also conform if multiple application is allowed , i initially applied under financial investigation , i also have experience in financial planner, although they are in the same NOC.
I am doing all these to prevent rejection in the late dates of the month and get stucked, my initial application did nit have letter from my employer. I have not heard from CIC on the first application as i used DD

Mrs L

Star Member
May 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2014
Nomination.....
14-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
12-06-2015
Med's Done....
16-06-2015
Passport Req..
21-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-07-2015
Mz. Johnson said:
Congrats again Mrs. L. God Speed is what I wish you and your family.
Thanks.....Please stay positive

Mrs L

Star Member
May 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2014
Nomination.....
14-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
12-06-2015
Med's Done....
16-06-2015
Passport Req..
21-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-07-2015
kollins said:
Congrats ...
Many thnka to God who brought this good news....
I'm praying others will follow soonest ....
I pray the rest of the stages ahead of you gets smoother .
Once again,Congrats .
Cheers
Thanks Kollins

Mrs L

Star Member
May 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2014
Nomination.....
14-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
12-06-2015
Med's Done....
16-06-2015
Passport Req..
21-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-07-2015
kay_diwe2014 said:
Congrats Mrs L. I rejoice with you. Finally, the consultant has forwarded the needful. I'll advise you update the required details and $140 USD for your baby asap.
On it already. ......thanks for your good wishes

beforecanada2014

Star Member
Nov 13, 2014
Visa Office......
accra
LANDED..........
15th Dec 2016
@Ksa0510 and highly respected forumites, i belong to category 1 and want to file a new application next week. My questions are 1. Wd CIO accept a photocopy of my eca report, do i need to notarize it? 2. How do i reach british council to give me original copy of my TRF so i can insert it in my application 3. Which of the forms have been updated so as to avoid errors. Tnx for prompt answers.

EAGLE101

Star Member
Dec 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2014
Nomination.....
15-12-2014
AOR Received.
15-12-2014
ksa0510 said:
Reality on Ground and actions that can be taken on or before 19 Dec.2014 in order to meet up
31st Dec 2014 acceptance at CIC.

Scenario 1:I have not receive any news from CIC(Including those awaiting PER)
I will suggest that you send a new application with the help or service of professional or members of
the forum.This is a back up plan so that you will not lose out.If your PER arrives,terminate the
new application by instructing the card issuer not to allow payment deduction.

Scenario 2:I have not receive my returned application
Send another application by requesting for another IELTS trf and use the duplicate of your ECA report.
Warning:Beware of almost capped NOCs please.Think of alternative NOCs please.

Scenario 3:I am awaiting IELTS & ECA report
Send you application if you can take the risk.You will send these 2 reports as addendum in Jan.,2015.
This risk taken is 50-50 PLEASE.If can take it so that you will not lose out under FSW 2014.
Warning:Addendum may or may not be added.Pray for mother luck.

Scenario 4:Application returned due to capping,can I resubmit before 31st Dec.2014?
Yes,you can resubmit and will surely make it.
Submit under another NOCs.For example
Mechanical Engrs-2132
Alternative options:2232,2243,0712,0911
Electrical Engrs-2133
Alternative options:2232,2241,2243
Civil Engrs-2131
Alternative options:1224,2234,0712,1224
Nurses-3012
Alternative options:3011,3233,3234,0311
Check for alternative NOCs for your profession please.

Scenario 5:I received NER,what can I do.
Prepare for Express Entry,Jan 2015 straightaway please.
I will be sharing my knowledge on Express Entry very soon.

Note:Reasons you should act on or before 19 Dec 2015 to avoid delay are:
1.Holidays have taken 2 days
2.Weekend post services are not reliable.
3.Bad Weather.
4.Pressure of postal services to deliver Christmas packages.

Wishing you all good luck.
Thanks KSA for this valuable information,
Please I submitted my application on the 27th of August 2014 and got CC charged on the 21st of November, Awaiting PER, What do you advise.

Thanks

Dotsngr

Nov 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beforecanada2014 said:
@ Ksa0510 and highly respected forumites, i belong to category 1 and want to file a new application next week. My questions are 1. Wd CIO accept a photocopy of my eca report, do i need to notarize it? 2. How do i reach british council to give me original copy of my TRF so i can insert it in my application 3. Which of the forms have been updated so as to avoid errors. Tnx for prompt answers.

They don't accept photocopy at all. Your action points should be:
1- go online now n order duplicate copy of ECA report, pls choose express courier so you can get it under one week.
2. Go to British council on Monday n discus/ pay for the IELTS copy, as they wud never give you the copy, ensure you deal with a senior staff who will commit to inserting the copy for you in your application
3. As soon as you get d eca duplicate, insert it in your application package n race to British council to send for you.

Pls dear don't panic be focused, check your documentation again n again, tick off the ones that re ready n note d outstanding. Be focused n execute, u will make it. N pls crosschk with the generals of d forum like KSA, pipis hubby etc. You will be fine. Let me leave you to start placing that online order of your duplicate ECA.

Dotsngr

Nov 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ola.salamis said:
Hi People

I need a fast advice from you guys based on your experience. I submitted through my lawyers for NOC 1114 but without my detailed letter from my employers but supported with payslips, promotion letters etc , i also added email from HR saying they wont issue letter to support immigration . Based on the advises from fellow forumites , i have gotten a senior colleague to write the letter in a detailed format supporting with his complimentary card. kindly advise on the best option to use because of time and the deadline for submission. My application was received o the 6th of October and i used DD

1. Do i send the documents as addendum knowing fully well that completeness check would have been done on my application
2. Upload the documents to a portal someone in this forum advised https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx, and expect they will add it to my application
3 Or send another application all together and probably put CC as mode of payment this time , if i am luck this one is successful i tell my bank to decline authorization. Please note that i don't have the original of my IELTS and WES evaluation, i submitted with the initial application.
Can someone also conform if multiple application is allowed , i initially applied under financial investigation , i also have experience in financial planner, although they are in the same NOC.
I am doing all these to prevent rejection in the late dates of the month and get stucked, my initial application did nit have letter from my employer. I have not heard from CIC on the first application as i used DD
I would go for option 3, if I were to be the one. No time left to explore what will happen if they reject it. And yes multiple application is allowed. If d first one goes thru. You block your credit card.

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
ola.salamis said:
Hi People

Firstly ,if the evidences you included in your first package is enough,it will successful so you don't need to send an additional documents to it again,rather send a new complete package to increase your chance.
Your first application was received in October 6th,still a long way to go as August and September applicants are still receiving PER .
Professionally ,i will advice that you submit another application.....no restriction on that from CIC.
2 documents however are needed to accompany your package and without them,your package will be returned back to you unprocessed .
I wouldn't know who evaluated your certificates for you but I'm confident if it was WES,two copies of your ECA should have been sent to you.Regardless of which evaluating body you used,you will need to quickly log in to your account with them and request for another original copy by international courier.....you will have it within 3 to 5 working days.
For your IELTS trf,you should go to British council and request for a second original copy.It's either they give you or they ask you to bring your complete application to them and send to Canada on your behalf.....they will insert it into your package before sending it.....you will give them the courier cost CIC in Canada.
You need to be fast in your approach /dealings with British council as they will soon close for the year.
In addition to the In ew letter you just got,please include payslips,promotion letters an a print out from the HR ....and most importantly ,get an affidavit to declare that your company doesn't give such reference letters because of existing policies.In the same affidavit ,declare your job duties ,employment date,working hours and monthly/annual salary.
Wishing you the best.
Cheers.

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
beforecanada2014 said:
@ Ksa0510 and highly respected forumites, i belong to category 1 and want to file a new application next week. My questions are 1. Wd CIO accept a photocopy of my eca report, do i need to notarize it? 2. How do i reach british council to give me original copy of my TRF so i can insert it in my application 3. Which of the forms have been updated so as to avoid errors. Tnx for prompt answers.
Notorized photocopy of your ECA is not accepted .
Please check my response above to a similar query and ask fast as you can within this coming week.
Order for a new ECA immediately .....you will get it within 3 to 5 working days.
Approach British council physically and request another copy .In lieu of that,they can send your package on your behalf while they will insert your original IELTS trf for you.
I want to believe the generic form has been updated in November,2014 and possibly the documents checklist form with a version of October ,2014.....but I'll advice you just check the versions of the forms in the link below to be sure.....
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/skilled.asp
Wish you the best.
Cheers

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
Dotsngr said:
Good morning forumites, pls I have a biggggggg question.
My kid sister is 'crying' that I should not leave her in this country that she wants to go with us. She is above 22 n just graduated from nursing. I paid her school fees all thru d university.

Pls is it too late to add her as a family member?? If its not, pls whatcan iI do ? Or shd I leave her to do express entry?
She doesn't qualify as your dependant ...unless you adopt her legally.Also,her age make it difficult for you to legally adopt her.
I'm sure she's old enough to fight for the express entry slot.
Besides,she's your sibling and assuredly ,it's easier for you to invite her to meet you in Canada after your successful landing because you even listed her as a sibling sister in your forms.
Cheers

Mz. Johnson

Aug 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
Mrs L said:
Thanks.....Please stay positive
Thanks Mrs. L, I will try, my morale is really low :'( :'( :'(

CalgaryChic

Aug 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Med's Done....
30/07/2015
Olu_Poldy said:
Dear All,

Please rejoice with me as i announce the arrival of the GOLDEN PASSPORT REQUEST for me and my family @ 1520hrs Nija time.

Just as i prophesied yesterday it shall come to pass to you all.

Regards,

Poldy.
Nice one Olu_Poldy. Congrats.

CalgaryChic

Aug 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Med's Done....
30/07/2015
Mrs L said:
We just received our PER mail. I'm happy. Please I lost my edit /update link and will need help. Most importantly, I'm happy!
Congrats Mrs L