+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 applicants from Nigeria - Let's network

dammy4wolex

May 18, 2015
Unibadan said:
Sample:

signature at the end of email received from accraimmigration

a. Immigration Program | Immigration Program (KAS)
b. Immigration Program | Immigration Program (RA)
For instance, the last mail I got which is my PER mail reads

FEDERAL SKILLED WORKER
CENTRALIZED INTAKE OFFICE
P O BOX 7500
SYDNEY NS B1P 0A9
CANADA
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

NIGERIA
5 March 2015

UCI:xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Application: Xxxxxxxxxxxx

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada in the Federal Skilled Worker class.
The Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism issued instructions which were published in the Canada Gazette on May 1, 2014. Only applicants who meet the criteria specified in these Ministerial Instructions are eligible to be processed in the Federal Skilled Worker class.
Based on a review of the information you have provided, your application has received a positive determination of eligibility to be processed on the basis of work experience in an occupation specified in the Instructions issued by the Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism and published in the Canada Gazette on May 1, 2014. However a final decision on your eligibility to be selected as a federal skilled worker will be made by a visa office.
Your application has now been placed into processing.
X This correspondence also acknowledges receipt of your Fee Payment Form IMM 5620 authorizing CIC to take payment of processing fees using the credit card details provided. Please be informed that we processed a payment of $550.00 Canadian dollars on this credit card (ending in xxxx). Your receipt number is xxxxxxx Please keep a copy of this letter for your records and quote this number on all correspondence relating to application fees or refunds.
Please do not forward additional documents unless requested.
If additional documents are required, you will be provided an address to forward required documents. Please inform the visa office of any changes in your application (e.g. birth or adoption of a child, marriage or common-law relationship, new occupation or employer, submission of an Arranged Employment Opinion approved by Human Resources and Skills Development Canada, change of address, change of e-mail address, change of immigration representative, etc). Please include a letter identifying what the changes are and any relevant supporting documents. If your documents are not in English or French, send a notarized (certified) translation with a copy of the originals.
It is important for you to learn about the steps you need to take to get your credentials and qualifications recognized in Canada. Citizenship and Immigration Canada recommends that you review the resources on the Foreign Credentials Referral Office’s website (www.credentials.gc.ca) and the Department’s website (www.cic.gc.ca) for helpful information about living and finding work in Canada. If your application will be processed through China, India, the Philippines, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, Japan or the UK, you might receive information and an invitation letter from CIC about free in-person assistance. In order to participate in this service you will require an invitation letter from the CIC mission which will be sent to you during the later stages of the immigration process if you are determined to be eligible for it. You can access information about this free in-person assistance at www.newcomersuccess.ca . Actual participation in this in-person service is not a guarantee nor an indicator that your immigration application will ultimately be successful or that you will receive an immigrant visa.
Thank you for your interest in Canada.
CMN
Case Processing Agent
Citizenship and Immigration
Federal Skilled Worker Centralized Intake Office
Sydney, Nova Scotia

MacFar

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014(Returned) 02-10-2014 (App Resent)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
13-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted wt application
Med's Request
10-07-2015
Med's Done....
15-07-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
06-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2015
LANDED..........
08-09-2015
Unibadan said:
Sample:

signature at the end of email received from accraimmigration

a. Immigration Program | Immigration Program (KAS)
b. Immigration Program | Immigration Program (RA)
Wondering how accurate this info is.
I sent updated Schedule A forms and got response from Case Officer (RA)
After doing medicals, I enquired if I could send PCC and pay RPRF and response came from Case Officer (SC).
In that case, it's not possible to tell who is actually handling one's file.
I won't be bothered anyhow. I just need PPR soon.

Chimzurum

Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
6/01/2014
Med's Request
10/10/2014
Med's Done....
15/10/2014
Passport Req..
10/11/2014
LANDED..........
03/03/2015
If you are landing calgary by September I have a furnished one bedroom basement in a brand home for rent in a lovely NW community. Pm me for more information.

superzee

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2014
Med's Request
25-06-2015
Passport Req..
04-01-2015
LANDED..........
02-04-2016
dammy4wolex said:
For instance, the last mail I got which is my PER mail reads

FEDERAL SKILLED WORKER
CENTRALIZED INTAKE OFFICE
P O BOX 7500
SYDNEY NS B1P 0A9
CANADA
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

NIGERIA
5 March 2015

UCI:xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Application: Xxxxxxxxxxxx

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada in the Federal Skilled Worker class.
The Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism issued instructions which were published in the Canada Gazette on May 1, 2014. Only applicants who meet the criteria specified in these Ministerial Instructions are eligible to be processed in the Federal Skilled Worker class.
Based on a review of the information you have provided, your application has received a positive determination of eligibility to be processed on the basis of work experience in an occupation specified in the Instructions issued by the Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism and published in the Canada Gazette on May 1, 2014. However a final decision on your eligibility to be selected as a federal skilled worker will be made by a visa office.
Your application has now been placed into processing.
X This correspondence also acknowledges receipt of your Fee Payment Form IMM 5620 authorizing CIC to take payment of processing fees using the credit card details provided. Please be informed that we processed a payment of $550.00 Canadian dollars on this credit card (ending in xxxx). Your receipt number is xxxxxxx Please keep a copy of this letter for your records and quote this number on all correspondence relating to application fees or refunds.
Please do not forward additional documents unless requested.
If additional documents are required, you will be provided an address to forward required documents. Please inform the visa office of any changes in your application (e.g. birth or adoption of a child, marriage or common-law relationship, new occupation or employer, submission of an Arranged Employment Opinion approved by Human Resources and Skills Development Canada, change of address, change of e-mail address, change of immigration representative, etc). Please include a letter identifying what the changes are and any relevant supporting documents. If your documents are not in English or French, send a notarized (certified) translation with a copy of the originals.
It is important for you to learn about the steps you need to take to get your credentials and qualifications recognized in Canada. Citizenship and Immigration Canada recommends that you review the resources on the Foreign Credentials Referral Office's website (www.credentials.gc.ca) and the Department's website (www.cic.gc.ca) for helpful information about living and finding work in Canada. If your application will be processed through China, India, the Philippines, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, Japan or the UK, you might receive information and an invitation letter from CIC about free in-person assistance. In order to participate in this service you will require an invitation letter from the CIC mission which will be sent to you during the later stages of the immigration process if you are determined to be eligible for it. You can access information about this free in-person assistance at www.newcomersuccess.ca . Actual participation in this in-person service is not a guarantee nor an indicator that your immigration application will ultimately be successful or that you will receive an immigrant visa.
Thank you for your interest in Canada.
CMN
Case Processing Agent
Citizenship and Immigration
Federal Skilled Worker Centralized Intake Office
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Just relax bros. You would only be assigned a case officer on receipt of your MR email. Immigration Officers are attached to specific files at Local Visa Offices.

DeeBruv

Aug 27, 2014
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Doc's Request.
WES FSW Platform update 12-12-2014
Nomination.....
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
17-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
29th June 2016
Med's Done....
06-07-2015, Updated forms req and RPRF 17-07-2015, Medicals Received 20-05-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-06-2016 Pick Up Mail 20-06-2016 ECAS Updated to DECISION MADE 23-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2016
LANDED..........
04-07-2016
CMN is in Nova Scotia. Another case officer will pick it up in Accra/

Unibadan

Aug 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Waived
Nomination.....
PER 09-04-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
soon
Med's Done....
soon
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
soon
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
MacFar said:
After doing medicals, I enquired if I could send PCC and pay RPRF and response came from Case Officer (SC).
You are right. Same happened in my case. The most important thing is a smooth run to 'VISA' granted.

Sisi mee

Star Member
Mar 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2014
Nomination.....
17-11-2014
Med's Request
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
26-05-2015
Passport Req..
02-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2016
Hello Macfar,

Which email address did you send your updated schedule A forms and the request for PCC /RPRF? how long did it take for them to respond to your mail.

MacFar said:

samuel.eled

May 5, 2013
Aberdeen
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
1212 DD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2014
Doc's Request.
29-06-2015: Updated POF and Salary Account Statement
Nomination.....
18-12-2014
AOR Received.
04-09-2015. Mail to attend COA Session
IELTS Request
07-06-2014
Med's Request
15-07-2015
Med's Done....
16-07-2015
Interview........
Never
Passport Req..
11-09-2015; Delivered 15-09-2015; Decision Made 21-09-2015, Pick Up 23-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2015
LANDED..........
10-10-2015
Every stage of application is attended to by a Case Officer (CO) mainly b4 PER, MR and possibly PPR. A CO is simply the officer responsible for the processing of d application for the next stage. At times same CO who issued d updates request could handle d PPR request and however different at times. There is not constant CO for all d stages but a particular one for a stage.

CO is always on d address signature at d conclusion of every direct correspondence to an applicant except MR only request.

dammy4wolex said:
So how do you know the immigration officer processing your Application? In my PER mail, CMN was the case processing agent that signed the correspondence. Is that the immigration officer?

dammy4wolex

May 18, 2015
superzee said:
Just relax bros. You would only be assigned a case officer on receipt of your MR email. Immigration Officers are attached to specific files at Local Visa Offices.
Thanks for the info. Thought it wil be possible to your case officers ahead of time so you can get prepared. In any case, as others has stated. We should just hope for the best! It shall end in praise for us all(amen).

superzee

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2014
Med's Request
25-06-2015
Passport Req..
04-01-2015
LANDED..........
02-04-2016
MacFar said:
Hi MacFar,

Like you said, you need not bother at all.

Though a few isolated exceptions might exist, the popular rule is that Immigration Officers are known by the receipt of MR emails. You would observe that unlike the UCI, the "Application Number" usually quoted on MRs is your actual file number at the local visa office. This file number is usually under the purview of a specific Immigration Officer.

Hakuna Matata...

yomson

Aug 4, 2015
With gratitude to God Almighty, I wish to announce the receipt of MR mail today from AVO.

Timeline
Application Date: November 05, 2014
PER Date: February 4, 2015
MR Date: August 4, 2015

NOC: 1113

CalgaryChic

Aug 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Med's Done....
30/07/2015
yomson said:
With gratitude to God Almighty, I wish to announce the receipt of MR mail today from AVO.

Timeline

Congrats Yomson!!

CalgaryChic

Aug 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Med's Done....
30/07/2015
Kindly fill your details in the link below

2014 Nigerian applicants entry link: http://goo.gl/forms/wjgGULXe3D

2014 Nigerian applicants Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XlAYwn8sBOYeZyuFP7cOok7oFacisg95Jx1zcrcBjQQ/edit#gid=639575799

Sisi mee

Star Member
Mar 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2014
Nomination.....
17-11-2014
Med's Request
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
26-05-2015
Passport Req..
02-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2016
Congrats Yomson

yomson said:

Timeline

tbaba

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/2014
Nomination.....
PER 12/03/2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
01-04-2015
Med's Request
24-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
Interview........
Telephone interview on 25/02/2016
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2016
LANDED..........
28-05-2016
Demitemi said:
Pls,
Can someone please post a sample of correspondence indicating the Case Officer.
This will help others have idea on what to look out for.

I TESTIFY that it shall end in highest of praise for all.
Shalom
You can only know if you have received MR or one form update from AVO