Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
motivated said:
My dear forumites,
This is to inform you all that we (Child and I) landed in Canada at the Toronto Pearson airport at about 17:10 on thursday March 26, 2015. We traveled with Delta Airline through the US, while my wife did her landing via a US-Canada Border on Friday March 27, 2015 as she lives in Canada doing her postgraduate program.

As others have mentioned, the landing procedure was quick, smooth and fast. No request for PoF. The officer only asked to confirm how much we had in cash. I provided a list of accompanying goods (though just two items) on a form provided but was informed that it could be done later if I didnt have the information there. On food stuff items, we were only asked the type of food stuff which was majorly dried fish, beans and peanuts - wifeys request. This was marked in the form given onboard the plane.

We also got our Social Insurance Numbers (SINs) and have opened bank accounts for me and our child. Wifey already had hers. We spent the weekend visiting family and getting some items at our booked temporary accommodation. We will be following up on our health cards during the week, lease search and visiting the school already arranged for our child. I am already reading to take my driving licence test this week hopefully. We were informed that the PR cards will be ready in 6 weeks and I have put in place plans to have that sent to me since i will still be moving back and forth from my job in Nigeria for now till i finalize my move while my family settles in well in Canada.

I wish everyone the best in their applications.
Fantastic news motivated! You have surely motivated us with this smooth landing story, God will show up for you as you settle down. Wishing you the best in Canada :)

Flosure

Jan 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
25/11/2014
AOR Received.
25/11/2014
IELTS Request
Submitted
Med's Request
12/06/2015 and 28/10/2015
Med's Done....
05/11/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30/03/2016
VISA ISSUED...
13/04/2016
LANDED..........
04/08/2016
zoze said:
Dear all,
this is to inform you all that my family and I have landed! We did our landing procedures at the Toronto Pearson airport on the 25th of March at about 18:45. We used Turkish airlines.

The landing procedure was very smooth just as others have mentioned before. There was absolutely no question of POF even though we had USD on us (not up to 10K) and had our bank statements in excess of the amount required for a family of 5. Also our Goods accompanying lists were not asked for and we even forgot to go and submit our Goods to Follow list at customs. No one asked! Since what we have left to bring is negligible, we are not worried. We were able to sell of a good part of our stuff. The lady at customs asked if I had meat or milk and I said I had milk (powdered) and she asked what for? I replied 'for the kids, just enough for settling in" and that was it. No one checked my bags although I had dried fish, okporoko (and indicated on the form given on the plane) and all manner of Nigerian foodstuff(no beans sha).

Although Service Canada at the airport had not closed, there were too many people waiting and the officer asked us to go to another office in town.

We have since settled in our one week stay home and are preparing to sign lease on an apartment by Tuesday. We have gotten our SIN and are preparing to open bank accounts etc.

Heres wishing everyone waiting a speedy procedure and smooth landing!
Zoze, Thanks to God for journey mercies.
God has set your feet on Canada and you shall remain blessed all the days of your life. I use you as a point of contact for myself & family that it shall be well with us unto the end in this journey.

Iphyo

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2014
Nomination.....
7-10-2014
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
7-10-2014
motivated said:
My dear forumites,
This is to inform you all that we (Child and I) landed in Canada at the Toronto Pearson airport at about 17:10 on thursday March 26, 2015. We traveled with Delta Airline through the US, while my wife did her landing via a US-Canada Border on Friday March 27, 2015 as she lives in Canada doing her postgraduate program.

As others have mentioned, the landing procedure was quick, smooth and fast. No request for PoF. The officer only asked to confirm how much we had in cash. I provided a list of accompanying goods (though just two items) on a form provided but was informed that it could be done later if I didnt have the information there. On food stuff items, we were only asked the type of food stuff which was majorly dried fish, beans and peanuts - wifeys request. This was marked in the form given onboard the plane.

We also got our Social Insurance Numbers (SINs) and have opened bank accounts for me and our child. Wifey already had hers. We spent the weekend visiting family and getting some items at our booked temporary accommodation. We will be following up on our health cards during the week, lease search and visiting the school already arranged for our child. I am already reading to take my driving licence test this week hopefully. We were informed that the PR cards will be ready in 6 weeks and I have put in place plans to have that sent to me since i will still be moving back and forth from my job in Nigeria for now till i finalize my move while my family settles in well in Canada.

Congrats ! All the best

Flosure

Jan 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
25/11/2014
AOR Received.
25/11/2014
IELTS Request
Submitted
Med's Request
12/06/2015 and 28/10/2015
Med's Done....
05/11/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30/03/2016
VISA ISSUED...
13/04/2016
LANDED..........
04/08/2016
motivated said:
My dear forumites,

Congrats Motivated on your safe landing in the land of Canada. I wish you & your family the best.

Iphyo

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2014
Nomination.....
7-10-2014
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
7-10-2014
zoze said:
Dear all,
this is to inform you all that my family and I have landed! We did our landing procedures at the Toronto Pearson airport on the 25th of March at about 18:45. We used Turkish airlines.

The landing procedure was very smooth just as others have mentioned before. There was absolutely no question of POF even though we had USD on us (not up to 10K) and had our bank statements in excess of the amount required for a family of 5. Also our Goods accompanying lists were not asked for and we even forgot to go and submit our Goods to Follow list at customs. No one asked! Since what we have left to bring is negligible, we are not worried. We were able to sell of a good part of our stuff. The lady at customs asked if I had meat or milk and I said I had milk (powdered) and she asked what for? I replied 'for the kids, just enough for settling in" and that was it. No one checked my bags although I had dried fish, okporoko (and indicated on the form given on the plane) and all manner of Nigerian foodstuff(no beans sha).

Although Service Canada at the airport had not closed, there were too many people waiting and the officer asked us to go to another office in town.

We have since settled in our one week stay home and are preparing to sign lease on an apartment by Tuesday. We have gotten our SIN and are preparing to open bank accounts etc.

Congrats May u find great favor

bensonams

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2013
zoze said:
Dear all,

Thank God for safe landing.

MacFar

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014(Returned) 02-10-2014 (App Resent)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
13-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted wt application
Med's Request
10-07-2015
Med's Done....
15-07-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
06-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2015
LANDED..........
08-09-2015
Pipis Husband said:
Good going MacFar, nice to have you back.
Thanks PH. I've been reading posts but just been quiet. Congrats on your updates. We would all get good news to the end in Jesus name.
I'm patiently awaiting MR.... :)

SOTAJ

Mar 29, 2013
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-Oct-2014
Nomination.....
15-Jan-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
10-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
24-Jul-2015
Interview........
N/A By His grace
Passport Req..
25-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-Mar-2016
LANDED..........
02-May-2016
motivated said:
My dear forumites,

Congratulaions on ur smooth landing.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
MacFar said:
Thanks PH. I've been reading posts but just been quiet. Congrats on your updates. We would all get good news to the end in Jesus name.
I'm patiently awaiting MR.... :)
...and your MR will surely come this season. That's one of the updates I'm looking forward to, God bless :)

patecole

Star Member
Jul 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-06-2014
Nomination.....
17-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Request
01-04-2015
Med's Done....
07-04-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
Nice one, this is surely motivating...
motivated said:
My dear forumites,

tbaba

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/2014
Nomination.....
PER 12/03/2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
01-04-2015
Med's Request
24-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
Interview........
Telephone interview on 25/02/2016
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2016
LANDED..........
28-05-2016
motivated said:
My dear forumites,

congrat motivated on your safe landing

bensonams

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2013
motivated said:
My dear forumites,

Thank God for safe landing.

Preferred

Jun 25, 2013
zoze said:
Dear all,

Congratulations on your safe landing. May God's favour envelope you n yours.

This one weh u say "no beans sha", is it a personal preference ? Cos I'm planning to carry like 20kg of beans o :)

I have been told yam isn't allowed :( . And i been wan carry ogoja yam, Benue yam etc :mad:

But we can buy frm there :mad:

MacFar

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014(Returned) 02-10-2014 (App Resent)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
13-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted wt application
Med's Request
10-07-2015
Med's Done....
15-07-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
06-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2015
LANDED..........
08-09-2015
zoze said:
Dear all,

Dear Zoze,
Your landing story, as with others in the past, was inspiring. Makes one look forward to a similar experience very soon.
You obviously have done a good job planning your arrival and settlement process. May God grant you favour as you adapt, with your family, to a new environment.
We'd all hook up in the next few month by God's grace.

MacFar