NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
zoze said:
For us, we mixed some real prints with the colored reprints. But we scanned all for our records. Also, I opened a dropbox with many digital pictures (and a few scanned) and sent the link (in a mail and in printed response) with the album containing the pictures. We got a cheap, light album, tore off the front and back (heavier pages) and arranged all the pictures chronologically with small notes explaining eg XXX at 3 months; xx at 4 years with baby sister, etc.

No problem after that. we are awaiting our passports pickup mail. We are also expecting our pictures and some original documents requested (like birth cert, immunization card) to come back with the visas.

We felt real printing was a small price to pay. But am sure colored normal printer prints will do as well.
Printing on regular picture paper and using an album to arrange them was smart. I'm impressed with the album modification 8)

Thanks for sharing :)

Preferred

Jun 25, 2013
Demitemi said:
Well i dont know about Canada but for US and UK, what i've done in the past is to print it on A4 paper. This availed me the opportunity of printing several pictures on one page and gives opportunity to present loads of evidence.
Thank you so much

Preferred

Jun 25, 2013
zoze said:
For us, we mixed some real prints with the colored reprints. But we scanned all for our records. Also, I opened a dropbox with many digital pictures (and a few scanned) and sent the link (in a mail and in printed response) with the album containing the pictures. We got a cheap, light album, tore off the front and back (heavier pages) and arranged all the pictures chronologically with small notes explaining eg XXX at 3 months; xx at 4 years with baby sister, etc.

No problem after that. we are awaiting our passports pickup mail. We are also expecting our pictures and some original documents requested (like birth cert, immunization card) to come back with the visas.

We felt real printing was a small price to pay. But am sure colored normal printer prints will do as well.
zoze said:
I just remembered something, if you are sharing a dropbox link, pls use a shortened link that you can monitor. Dropbox doesnt have any way of seeing when someone clicks on your link and during the days of agonizing worry, I wished I could tell if the VO visited the page :D ;D
Mmmmmh. great insight! thanks a lot

fattie

Aug 18, 2014
I need advise. Pls you guy should help. I cannt leave this boy (5 yrs ) in Nigeria. He has been with me since her mother(my blood sister ) gave birth to her and died immediately.

The below mail refers

This refers to your application for a permanent residence visa in which you included

Abdullateef Aduragbemi Lawal as your dependent child.

Subsection 1(3) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states:

For the purposes of the Act, other than section 12 and paragraph 38(2)(d), and these Regulations, “family member” in respect of a person means:

(a) the spouse or common-law partner of the person;

(b) a dependent child of the person or of the person’s spouse or common-law partner; and

(c) a dependent child of a dependent child referred to in paragraph (b)

A dependent child is defined in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations in section 2:

2. “Dependent child”, in respect of a parent, means a child who

(a) has one of the following relationships with the parent, namely

(i) is the biological child of the parent, if the child has not been adopted by a person other than the spouse or common-law partner of the parent, or

(ii) is the adopted child of the parent; and

b) is in one of the following situations of dependency, namely,

(i) is less than 22 years of age and not a spouse or common-law partner,

Abdullateef Aduragbemi Lawal is not your or your spouse’s biological child and he has not been legally adopted. As a result, Abdullateef Aduragbemi Lawal does not meet the definition of a member of the family class.

Since Abdullateef Aduragbemi Lawal is not your dependent child according to the Regulations, he cannot be included in your permanent resident visa application and he has been deleted from this application.

In light of the above information, please advise if you are still willing to continue with your application. You may respond to this office in writing within 30 days of the date of this letter.

Sincerely,

Immigration Officer

Immigration Section

Spyie

Star Member
Sep 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
Nomination.....
13-01-2015
AOR Received.
05-02-2015
Med's Request
18-08-2015
Med's Done....
16-09-2015
Interview........
Waived
Alhamdullilah

My PER just strolled in

Timeline & NOC to your left.

3rdHigh

Sep 4, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2014
fattie said:
I need advise. Pls you guy should help. I cannt leave this boy (5 yrs ) in Nigeria. He has been with me since her mother(my blood sister ) gave birth to her and died immediately.

The below mail refers

This refers to your application for a permanent residence visa in which you included

Subsection 1(3) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states:

For the purposes of the Act, other than section 12 and paragraph 38(2)(d), and these Regulations, “family member” in respect of a person means:

(a) the spouse or common-law partner of the person;

(b) a dependent child of the person or of the person's spouse or common-law partner; and

(c) a dependent child of a dependent child referred to in paragraph (b)

A dependent child is defined in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations in section 2:

2. “Dependent child”, in respect of a parent, means a child who

(a) has one of the following relationships with the parent, namely

(i) is the biological child of the parent, if the child has not been adopted by a person other than the spouse or common-law partner of the parent, or

(ii) is the adopted child of the parent; and

b) is in one of the following situations of dependency, namely,

(i) is less than 22 years of age and not a spouse or common-law partner,

Abdullateef Aduragbemi Lawal is not your or your spouse's biological child and he has not been legally adopted. As a result, Abdullateef Aduragbemi Lawal does not meet the definition of a member of the family class.

Since Abdullateef Aduragbemi Lawal is not your dependent child according to the Regulations, he cannot be included in your permanent resident visa application and he has been deleted from this application.

In light of the above information, please advise if you are still willing to continue with your application. You may respond to this office in writing within 30 days of the date of this letter.

Sincerely,

Immigration Officer

Immigration Section

In my own opinion, I think you have to just go ahead and do a proper legal adoption of your sisters son getting the fathers consent, in the meantime you may respond to Accra of your intention to properly adopt him and when the documentation are ready you send to them via case specific enquiry, other people will comment...

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
fattie said:

The below mail refers

Sincerely,

Immigration Officer

Immigration Section
Hi, your mistake the day you decided you wanted to take your family outside Nigeria via permanent residency is not doing the right thing at the right time. To travel with the boy to most other countries, you would have needed to prove you had adopted the boy or prove you have permission of the courts to take him outside Nigeria. Canada will never allow you bring a child you are not legally entitled to into their country.

However, there is a solution to your current challenge, you now have to formally adopt the boy and make him a member of your family in law. Please click on this link for the process of adoption in Lagos. It can be done in three months if you work fast and work smart, http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/pagemenus.php?p=124&k=41

Get an appointment and start tomorrow please, The Special Adviser

Office of Youth and Social Development,
The Secretariat,
Block 7, Alausa, Ikeja.

Get the requirements and fill the necessary forms, then get evidence that you have started the process and respond to Accra to buy your self some time to complete the process. Let me know how it goes, all the best.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Spyie said:
Alhamdullilah

My PER just strolled in

Timeline & NOC to your left.
Congratulations on your PER, kindly add your details to our FSW Nigerians spreadsheet so that we can all track each others progress. You can use the links below to add your self and see the full sheet, I wish you the best :)

Preferred

Jun 25, 2013
For Alberta settlers:

http://work.alberta.ca/Immigration/settlement-services.html

http://work.alberta.ca/Immigration/foreign-qualification-recognition.html

http://work.alberta.ca/documents/progress-report-2013-fqr-for-Alberta.pdf

Spyie

Star Member
Sep 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
Nomination.....
13-01-2015
AOR Received.
05-02-2015
Med's Request
18-08-2015
Med's Done....
16-09-2015
Interview........
Waived
Pipis Husband said:
Congratulations on your PER, kindly add your details to our FSW Nigerians spreadsheet so that we can all track each others progress. You can use the links below to add your self and see the full sheet, I wish you the best :)
Many thanks Pipis Husband. God bless you.

I will add my details as advised.

zoze

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
PER 15-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
18-11-2014
Med's Done....
25-11-2014
Passport Req..
21-01-2015
Sambisa Valley said:
So sorry to ask, how many numbers of pictures can we be looking at.

Are we to gather pictures from marriage to child birth and up to date?

So if they say album, we do album and if they say pictures, can we print on several A4 papers and send along with scanned copies.

Thanks
Because we panicked, we sent over 70 pictures!! But you dont have to- just think like the VO and give a chronological representation; maybe one/two picture(s) per year surrounding the child/children/whole family you were asked to prove. We asked to prove identity of one of our children. so we did 2 wedding pictures, pregnancy picture, 1 week picture, 2months, 6 months, 1 year, 2 years, 4 years etc till date with the child alone, with siblings and with the whole family . It is important to show pictures of years before immigration came to your mind so it doesnt appear contrived.

Noo! they didnt actually ask for an ALBUM, we just decided on that to help us arrange chronologically. We didnt print on A4 but we went to get real photo prints, even of the old ones, we just reprinted on photograph paper. But as others have said, I'm sure you can do A4. We didnt want to take any chances. But we scanned all the old original pictures as backup in case we dont get them back but i heard they return them.

zoze

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
PER 15-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
18-11-2014
Med's Done....
25-11-2014
Passport Req..
21-01-2015
Pipis Husband said:
Printing on regular picture paper and using an album to arrange them was smart. I'm impressed with the album modification 8)

Thanks for sharing :)
Thanks Pipis husband. I'm glad I finally have something useful to share :D ;D. You guys are so intimidatingly helpful that at times we feel useless ;D ;D

Flosure

Jan 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
25/11/2014
AOR Received.
25/11/2014
IELTS Request
Submitted
Med's Request
12/06/2015 and 28/10/2015
Med's Done....
05/11/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30/03/2016
VISA ISSUED...
13/04/2016
LANDED..........
04/08/2016
Pipis Husband said:
Hi, your mistake the day you decided you wanted to take your family outside Nigeria via permanent residency is not doing the right thing at the right time. To travel with the boy to most other countries, you would have needed to prove you had adopted the boy or prove you have permission of the courts to take him outside Nigeria. Canada will never allow you bring a child you are not legally entitled to into their country.

However, there is a solution to your current challenge, you now have to formally adopt the boy and make him a member of your family in law. Please click on this link for the process of adoption in Lagos. It can be done in three months if you work fast and work smart, http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/pagemenus.php?p=124&k=41

Get an appointment and start tomorrow please, The Special Adviser

Office of Youth and Social Development,
The Secretariat,
Block 7, Alausa, Ikeja.

Get the requirements and fill the necessary forms, then get evidence that you have started the process and respond to Accra to buy your self some time to complete the process. Let me know how it goes, all the best.
Pipis Husband, I just sent you a PM. I am awaiting your response. Thanks.

Spyie

Star Member
Sep 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
Nomination.....