NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
analystpk said:
Can any expert tell us on how CIC verify our experience letters from our employers? Whether they make a phone call, email or any different method and Do they verify all experience letters or they choose them randomly? Awaiting your valuable feedback. Thanks
Hi, we do not know the workings of the VOs so all we can judge is just based on assumptions and inferences.

However, in the reported cases where applicants have been contacted, it has been in a mix of phone calls to phone numbers provided on the reference letters and/or obtained from company website and physical visitations.

London VO and New Delhi VO are notorious for physical visitations to applicants work places. They go as far as 'interrogating' the supervisors and work colleagues of applicants. Interview invitations are higher from these two VOS than for Accra. It is highest with New York.

Accra VO usually does phone calls to applicants employers. I'm yet to read of an account of physical visitation from AVO officers. AVO also resorts to interviews sometimes but not as much as the other VOs mentioned above.

Hope this answers your enquiry.

ola.salamis

Oct 4, 2014
@Pipis Husband, thanks for the response. I hope the lawyer is not misleading me as i will be very not happy with him . However, the policy of the organisation is also that any staff cannot write to any external organisation on behalf of a staff unless the senior colleague is ready to stick out his neck as it has to be very unofficial. This method would have been OK but i also do not want to implicate any one. Can you kindly send me a format of a letter that a colleague can write on my behalf and also confirm if it can be on plain sheet of paper as only authorized signatories sign external letters.

Pipis Husband said:
HI, see my responses above. Further, get your supervisor or senior colleague at work to issue you the reference letter in full CIC format containing all the stated requirements and information. Attach this person's call/business card to the reference letter and send to CIO with a covering note that it should please be attached to your application. Ensure you state your full name, Date of birth, UCI number if you know it, your NOC and the date your application was received and by whom at CIO. This approach has been adopted by other applicants who could not get reference from their HR and it has been repeatedly accepted. Act fast, all the best.

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
ola.salamis said:
@ Pipis Husband, thanks for the response. I hope the lawyer is not misleading me as i will be very not happy with him . However, the policy of the organisation is also that any staff cannot write to any external organisation on behalf of a staff unless the senior colleague is ready to stick out his neck as it has to be very unofficial. This method would have been OK but i also do not want to implicate any one. Can you kindly send me a format of a letter that a colleague can write on my behalf and also confirm if it can be on plain sheet of paper as only authorized signatories sign external letters.
In addition to the letter,please get an affidavit done .
Explain the policy of your organization which does not permit them to issue such letters.
In the same affidavit,declare your job duties,salary,entry/exit dates and working hours.
Send along with the letter you planned to send.
Cheers

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
kollins said:
In addition to the letter,please get an affidavit done .
Explain the policy of your organization which does not permit them to issue such letters.
In the same affidavit,declare your job duties,salary,entry/exit dates and working hours.
Send along with the letter you planned to send.
Cheers
@ ola.salamis, please note the letter does not have to be on company letter head, it is accepted on plain paper.

Ed_b_good

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2014
Nomination.....
08-09-2014
Med's Request
04-02-2015
Med's Done....
17-02-2015
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-2015
As per verification, that is usually done at your VO's discretion. If they suspect that there might be a form of misrepresentation in the reference letter submitted e.g you can't have just 2 years of experience and say you are a manager, or work at as a sales rep and say you are a marketing manager or you just lift the job duties directly from their site. Just be as truthful as possible and you will be fine.

analystpk said:
Can any expert tell us on how CIC verify our experience letters from our employers? Whether they make a phone call, email or any different method and Do they verify all experience letters or they choose them randomly? Awaiting your valuable feedback. Thanks

esttycan14

Nov 14, 2014
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/2014 from PER info
Doc's Request.
All is well
Nomination.....
03/02/2015
AOR Received.
All is well
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
All is well
Med's Request
24/07/2015
Med's Done....
28/07/2015
Interview........
Waived by God's grace
Passport Req..
26/02/2016
VISA ISSUED...
09/03/2016
LANDED..........
01/06/2016
Thanks so much for your prompt response, God bless you real good!

kollins said:
Apologies on behalf of us all for seemingly ignoring you....It was unintentional.
Even though I have couple of friends who escaped this with no issues,I'll prefer you fill this form and send it as an additional document and send to CIC as soon as you can.
Writing the name is actually "What you must do to have your application processed." according to the instruction so I believe it is necessary.
Also,get the date issue fix on the reference letter and send it along with the generic form.
Above all,include a cover letter to explain the reason of the additional documents.
It only cost you the courier fee to Canada with a guarantee of rest of mind.
On the cover letter ,please write every of your personal details to enable them link it up with your initial application.Your NOC,full names,full address,date of birth,passport documents ID and anything that can link you to your application.Also,send a CSE to them using the link below and attach your documents to them.
https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
Wish you the best.
Once again,apologies on behalf of us all for seemingly ignoring your query...it was not intentional.
Cheers.

Toronto_Raptor

Star Member
Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 28, 2014
Nomination.....
October 1, 2014
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Request
March 9, 2015
Med's Done....
March 12, 2015
Passport Req..
May 8, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued May 20th. Pick Up Mail Received May 26, 2015.
Pipis Husband said:
HI, see my responses above. Further, get your supervisor or senior colleague at work to issue you the reference letter in full CIC format containing all the stated requirements and information. Attach this person's call/business card to the reference letter and send to CIO with a covering note that it should please be attached to your application. Ensure you state your full name, Date of birth, UCI number if you know it, your NOC and the date your application was received and by whom at CIO. This approach has been adopted by other applicants who could not get reference from their HR and it has been repeatedly accepted. Act fast, all the best.
According to CIC I was supposed to submit reference letters from places worked for at least the last 10years. The only reference letter I submitted was for the last 7years. I could not get my previous employer to give me a reference letter and so I wrote a cover letter of explanation.
Besides, the reference letter I submitted from my current employer is not even close to the CIC specified format. I actually drafted the letter the way I wanted it (in line with CIC format/required contents) and sent to my Human Resources Dept, but they jettisoned it and gave me their own template which was actually missing some of the requested detailed information. They allowed no flexibility in modification I did to my job description ... they just gave me verbatim of what we have in the books. Well let's just say it was 70% complete.
Cut long story short, I have PER waiting for MR. Well, I hope AVO does not bring any Reggae to my sweet Jazz music.

Let me add that I submitted notarized copies of my Offer of Employment from my previous employers, Promotion Letter and other correspondences (to at least show that I worked there). Did the same for my current employer.

Dear Ola.Salamis I think you need to send a letter written by your supervisor or senior colleague to cushion your explanation. There is nothing like implicating anyone here, it's what you have to do. Take your chances now please. The fear of Express Entry 2015 is the beginning of wisdom with this Canada waka. That thing is like a lottery now the way I see it. ;D ;D All the best.

meemee

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra Visa Office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2014
Nomination.....
08-10-2014
AOR Received.
N/A
Med's Request
12-01-2015
Med's Done....
22-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2015
Hi all,

Here's a somewhat interesting link on getting jobs within the Canadian markets and the factors that affect employability:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhA3zeELPzc

Cheers.

wX5

Jul 9, 2014
Hello Guys,

Please I have a question about Birth certificates. Mine had a error which was corrected with a correction fluid for my year of birth. Is this acceptable or do I need to provide some form of affidavit to support it? Are there any other document that can serve the same purpose?

Thanks.

Toronto_Raptor

Star Member
Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 28, 2014
Nomination.....
October 1, 2014
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Request
March 9, 2015
Med's Done....
March 12, 2015
Passport Req..
May 8, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued May 20th. Pick Up Mail Received May 26, 2015.
wX5 said:
Hello Guys,

Please I have a question about Birth certificates. Mine had a error which was corrected with a correction fluid for my year of birth. Is this acceptable or do I need to provide some form of affidavit to support it? Are there any other document that can serve the same purpose?

Thanks.
What I have been using and still use is an Age/Birth Declaration prepared at a High Court about 14years ago. I believe you can use this, but my suggestion is that (if you dont already have one) you backdate it very well, let it not seem like you prepared it purposely for CIC.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
wX5 said:
Hello Guys,

Thanks.
Hi, since you're sending the photocopy, the correction fluid shoudn't reflect. But if you have another document, like an affidavit attested by either of your parents it will be accepted. There are lots of examples of other applicants who got birth affidavit attested by their parents accepted by CIO. Cheers

success4life

Star Member
Oct 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
Nomination.....
14-08-2014
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
15-12-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
04-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
SOON IJN
wX5 said:
Hello Guys,

Thanks.
The national population commission issue "attestation of birth". you can apply for this and use alongside your birth certifcate. i guess this will erase any doubt from your mind that it will not be accepted.

hope this helps. All the best.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Toronto_Raptor said:
What I have been using and still use is an Age/Birth Declaration prepared at a High Court about 14years ago. I believe you can use this, but my suggestion is that (if you dont already have one) you backdate it very well, let it not seem like you prepared it purposely for CIC.
:) I've been made to understand that this also works though I need to point out that self attested affidavit have not always worked too well with CIO. Some they accept, others they reject.

wX5

Jul 9, 2014
Pipis Husband said:
:) I've been made to understand that this also works though I need to point out that self attested affidavit have not always worked too well with CIO. Some they accept, others they reject.
Thanks guys for your replies. @pips husband, so is it best to do the affidavit or parental attestation? I believe an Affidavit by a court may be more genuine? Whats ur thought?

YEYE

Dec 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-Oct-2014
Nomination.....
09-Jan-2015 PER
AOR Received.
06-Aug-2015 SLU
Med's Request
16-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jul-2015, TLU 14-Oct-2015
Passport Req..
23-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-Mar-2016
:(

NOC 1111
Received on 1st Oct
CC was try today 5th of Dec ,but was decline due to insufficient fund.

The insufficient fund was as a result of increase in exchange rate.

My question is, will CIC try again? When ? CC has been funded but will reflect on Monday.

will appreciate your comment