Waived
Passport Req..
Apr. 18, 2016 Decision Made: May 26, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
May 23, 2016 Pick-up Mail.....: May 30, 2016
LANDED..........
10-Jul-2016
Pipis Husband said:
We thank God for everything sir, He is the one that brings encouragement. Mine is just to share His goodness with you, looking forward to when you and others here will land and posses this place :)
PH, I have always known that there is something +ve abt you from the day I read your first post. Keep it up please. Don't stop... I'll be very proud to hear your name in the Global News Network someday as the Chief of Investigation Bureau, Ontario, Canada. The good will of everyone you have touched here with your help and advice free of charge is with you. If it were to be my agent, he would have charged both eyes, an arm and a leg. Three GBOSA!!! for you.

bebisco

Star Member
Sep 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 8, 2014
Doc's Request.
Feb. 6, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
May 28, 2015
Med's Request
Aug. 21, 2015
Med's Done....
Aug. 26, 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
10-Jul-2016
Pastor Daniel said:
Hello friends, it has finally ended in praise. My family and I left Nigeria on the 27th June on board Ethiopia Airlines to Edmonton through Addis Ababa then to Dublin, Ireland where we refueled, then to Toronto and finally landed in Edmonton at about few minutes past 3pm.

Welcome to Canada
Congrats Pst. D, I share in your joy. Praise God for His mercies endureth forever.

bebisco

Star Member
Sep 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 8, 2014
Doc's Request.
Feb. 6, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
May 28, 2015
Med's Request
Aug. 21, 2015
Med's Done....
Aug. 26, 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
10-Jul-2016
teagirl said:
Pick up mail has landed!

I can't wait to hold our passports and share our story! Until then and then after then, I sing

We go dey hail...dey hail your name...
Woow, teagirl, Congrats..... Praise God. Awesome God, How great thou art, You are God, mighty are Your miracles, we stand in awe of your holy name, Lord we bow and worship you.... Now teagirl, start packing and start selling you need all the money you can gather now. I have always wondered why people carry 10 -12 luggage (23kg max LOL) . Now I understand...

lahdee

Aug 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/12/2014
Nomination.....
PER: 01/03/2015
teagirl said:
Pick up mail has landed!

I can't wait to hold our passports and share our story! Until then and then after then, I sing

God has done it for you. I rejoice with you and your family. All the best as you move on.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
teagirl said:
Pick up mail has landed!

Congratulations teagirl, really happy for you and your family :)

Ed_b_good

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2014
Nomination.....
08-09-2014
Med's Request
04-02-2015
Med's Done....
17-02-2015
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-2015
Congratulations teagirl, it had endedin praise. Wishing you success in your new country.

teagirl said:
Pick up mail has landed!

Hawt!

May 6, 2016
Best forum ever liveth!! Ok so now that the silent followers ain't so silent anymore...tot to speak up. I'm one of those and I apologise and pledge to pay the fine.
I've been very worried lately, I'm a Nov 25th applicant and did my medical Aug 2015 but I'm yet to get ppr. While Ive been waiting I got a response from AVO, but instead of ppr it was some funny mail saying they are about completing the process and we may be denied cos of financial blablabla, making it the third time I 'll be submitting pof. My worry is this, all the times I've had to submit pof the amount is always way more than the required funds so I really don't understand, secondly my medical expires in Aug. Seniors in the house pls say sth, you can whip my ass for being a silent follower all the while but right now I need an advise.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Hawt! said:
Best forum ever liveth!! Ok so now that the silent followers ain't so silent anymore...tot to speak up. I'm one of those and I apologise and pledge to pay the fine.
I've been very worried lately, I'm a Nov 25th applicant and did my medical Aug 2015 but I'm yet to get ppr. While Ive been waiting I got a response from AVO, but instead of ppr it was some funny mail saying they are about completing the process and we may be denied cos of financial blablabla, making it the third time I 'll be submitting pof. My worry is this, all the times I've had to submit pof the amount is always way more than the required funds so I really don't understand, secondly my medical expires in Aug. Seniors in the house pls say sth, you can whip my ass for being a silent follower all the while but right now I need an advise.
Hi, it's possible that an aspect of your back ground check is causing AVO to revisit your POF. Can't say what it is but it's good you have it in place however, don't increase it every time they request but maintain an amount just slightly above what's required for you. Since that is the only issue they raise and you have it, I smell your PR close by. We're watching to see if you'll remain silent for long, cheers :)

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hawt! said:
Why don't you apply for a copy of your GCMS notes and see what the concern really is?

Abim

Star Member
Dec 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2014
AOR Received.
13-11-2014; PER Received -05-02-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with applicationn
Med's Request
10-08-2015
Med's Done....
21-08-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
25-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
Congrats CalgaryChic and Pastor Daniel wishing you God's favor in your new homes

Donmakaveli

Oct 2, 2015
Hawt! said:
You might as well also check if you valuated the POF with the current official exchange rate of almost N220/1CAD. Which is about almost 50% increase from what it used to be. When did you get the messg from them?

Mabertia

Nov 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
07-09-2015
Passport Req..
21-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2016
LANDED..........
29-07-2016
CalgaryChic turned TorontoChic.........Congratulations on your safe flight and landing. See you guys soon in Canada.

CalgaryChic said:
Our Landing Story.... Started packing our Kaya about a month ago and concluded on Sunday (well not sure u can ever finish packing becos of some last minute things u might need to stuff here and there). Our flight was at 8.40pm on Tuesday so I checked in online and we left de house around 3 and headed for the airport with our 11 bags and 10 carry on luggages (sent some 4 bags on Monday via Nipost) and then began a series of Favour and events. Our bags got scanned and the custom officer scanning asked me what was in de bottle inside one of the bags. I smiled and told him it was peppersoup ingredients. He looked @ me and said okay o. Next stop was weighing the bags. I had an extra bag which weighed 35kg and 5 other bags in excess of the allowable 23kg per bag. I was already prepared to pay becos I no too like tori but God had other plans. One of the guys @ the airline said pay for the extra bag and for only 2 of the excess @ $50 each instead of $80 each. I was saved $300. We moved past immigration and was waiting to board when I got a news alert: Terrorists Strike @ Istanbul Ataturk Airport. My jaw dropped and I said a prayer within me becos our flight was with Turkish Airlines. I didn't tell my husband because his next reaction would have been "Cancel the flight" etc. Surprisingly, we still boarded and after being on de plane for about 45mins we were told to disembark and go back to de boarding area. After waiting for like an hour, the officials mentioned that we would not be flying that night becos of the Terrorist attack at the Istanbul airport and were going to lodge us at an hotel until they were sure we could fly. Some passengers refused to go to the hotel and requested for ticket refunds. My children were visibly upset and husband after much talk said we should go to the hotel. The time was 11.47pm. I was tired, upset but thankful. Just as my husband was coming back with an airport taxi, we were told that we should go back to the boarding area. Passengers that had gone were called to come back. We didn't leave Nigeria until 1.30am or thereabout. The journey was smooth and my children were in cloud 9. My little gal slept throughout the almost 7hrs flight. Fast forward to Istanbul.... The Airport was jam packed. If not for the news and cancellation of some flights, I'd have said nothing happened becos pple just dey waka up and down. Our initial layover of 8 hours had been reduced to less than 4 becos of the initial delay in Nigeria. Our flight to Toronto was initially delayed for an hour but was reduced to about 30mins. We landed on the Canadian soil. We went thru immigration, told them we had some foods which they didn't mind. We signed our Copr and the lady said "Welcome to Canada, You're now a PR". Service Canada had closed so we couldn't do our SIN. By the time we got to the baggage claim, ours was the only load there. We got a porter who wanted to play smart with cart charges but I showed him that me sef be Naija. Got into the car after 150mins at the airport!! Canada is indeed a beautiful country. We're still in hibernating mode but so far so good.......

This is a dream come true for our family and I use it as a point of contact for every expectant applicant. Your dreams will be fulfilled beyond measures and God's mercies, grace, favor will seek us all out.

Mabertia

Nov 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
07-09-2015
Passport Req..
21-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2016
LANDED..........
29-07-2016
Pastor D.......God's blessings and protection on you and your family as you navigate through Canada.

Pastor Daniel said:
Hello friends, it has finally ended in praise. My family and I left Nigeria on the 27th June on board Ethiopia Airlines to Edmonton through Addis Ababa then to Dublin, Ireland where we refueled, then to Toronto and finally landed in Edmonton at about few minutes past 3pm.

Canadians are undoubtedly friendly and good people. At Toronto airport after concluding our landing formalities, I observed without fail that we were not asked for our CoPR and more so it escaped my mind to submit it. We had left the immigration desk to reclaim our luggages and then checked them in into Air Canada after getting our boarding pass before it got dawn on me that the landing process was incomplete. I had to go back to the immigration desk to conclude the landing process but was unable to locate the immigration desk where I was initially attended to due to how big the airport is. It was really stressful for me and my wife running around with lugages and the children.

Eventually we were able to get another immigration personnel who assisted and concluded the process within few minutes and we were able to catch our flight to Edmonton.
At the moment we have registered for our SIN, registered for healthcare, registered for library use, gotten accommodation, started the process for our child tax benefits, we have opened an account and also gotten a car to buy, thanks be to God for his faithfulness and more so to KB and hubby for being our host. God bless them for me.

Welcome to Canada

Mabertia

Nov 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
07-09-2015
Passport Req..
21-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2016
LANDED..........
29-07-2016
Hawt, just as Donmakaveli mention, consider the exchange rate of your POF. Remember it has increased significantly since you sent in your application. NGN 220/CAD 1

Hawt! said:
Donmakaveli said:
You might as well also check if you valuated the POF with the current official exchange rate of almost N220/1CAD. Which is about almost 50% increase from what it used to be. When did you get the messg from them?

Hawt!

May 6, 2016
Thanks for the response. @Kuskus I already requested for gcms notes in March and there seemed not to be any problem. @PH the reason i increased the pof was due to the whole exchange rate brouhaha so that whatever it is we ll be on the safe side. @Donmakaveli The mail came on the 6th of may from AVO. I 'll keep praying and believing that very soon it will end in praise.