+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 applicants from Nigeria - Let's network

ugooh

Jan 18, 2015
zannybabie said:
Na wa oo...where are December applicants? Dont you think we need to go on prayer and fasting for AVO to release our MR this month?
I swear we need prayers, it is the 6th month of the year for crying out loud. This silence is hard to deal with.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
layorh12 said:
!@Pipi's husband meen.....you are the bomb!, Thanks a lot
We thank God :)

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
ugooh said:
I swear we need prayers, it is the 6th month of the year for crying out loud. This silence is hard to deal with.
No need to cry out loud, just pray. All those awaiting movement to the next level in this FSW journey, you will not be disappointed.

The delay will only lead to joyous and amplified testimonies. This is the assurance we have in the Most High and I know you will all dance, amen :)

Ed_b_good

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2014
Nomination.....
08-09-2014
Med's Request
04-02-2015
Med's Done....
17-02-2015
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-2015
Nice ending to your Canadian dream.

ibadanchap said:
My Story

I stumbled on this thread while researching how to send prepaid return envelop to Accra with my PPR. Since then I have been amazed at the family like atmosphere in this thread. This is really wonderful. I have decided to share a timeline / story of my own Canada journey below. I hope I don't bore you and some of the information may be useful to others now or in the future.

February 2012: Wifey landed in Canada with study permit
June 2012: Went on visit to wifey. Met with a lawyer on possible migration path. At this time my NOC was not qualified for FSW. We planned for CEC
December 2012: Went on another visit to wifey. This time along with my children. We were all on visit visa
January 2013: Children enrolled and started school. I applied for WP and TRV for children while in Canada. I returned back to Nigeria
April 2013: WP and TRV granted.
June 2013: I returned to Canada using my visit visa. Started job hunting
Nov 2013: Started working.
October 2014: My NOC now qualified for FSW. Applied through FSW. Application sent to Sudbury in Canada. NOC 2281 and NOC 2171
March 2015: Application transferred to Accra
June 2015: Wifey graduated and got 3 years post graduation WP
July 2015: Medical requested
August 2015: Meds done
September 2015: Wifey got work with one of the big four Accounting / Audit firms. All glory to God
December 2015: Wifey asked to report to Peel Region Health as follow up on her medicals
December 2015: Renewed my WP and children TRV as it was set to expire January 2016.
March 2015: Got extension of WP and children TRV till May 2018, the end date of Wifey's WP.
March 30 2015: PPR, RPRF request. Also included request for POF update and police clearance for Canada and Nigeria which we did not submit earlier with app.
April 13 2015: Passports and other documents sent. Documents arrived Accra on 18th April.
May 4 2015: PUM
May 2015: Applied for US visa in other to go out of Canada and come back in to formalize PR. Discovered later that this step was not necessary as there is something called flag pole that we could have done. You just drive to the US border and tell the US border agent you are there for flag pole. They then give you some paper and ask you to turn back into Canada. I confirmed the validity of this when we drove across the US border. In fact the agent asked us if we wanted to do flag pole in which case we wont be stamped as entering US. But we wanted to use the opportunity to shop in the US so we declined flag pole.
May 28 2015: Officially land as PR at the Peace bridge (Fort Erie) Canada border. (Got the welcome to Canada thing even though we have all been here over 3 years :) .

Looking back to around 2011 when we started planning this, our way and thinking was not how it turned out. But we than God because it ended in praise and the PR came at a perfect timing.

For all those who are expecting one update or the other, don't worry, it will soon come and it shall end in praise IJN. Amen

Aroms

May 19, 2016
Logos
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Elders and Seniors in the house,

I'am moving with family to Canada I have relatives in toronto that can accommodate us pending when we sort out the accommodation issues in saskatchewan.
Please is possible I land in toronto and spend a week or 2 before moving to saskatchewan.

Feedbacks are urgently needed. Thanks.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Aroms said:

I'am moving with family to Canada I have relatives in toronto that can accommodate us pending when we sort out the accommodation issues in saskatchewan.
Please is possible I land in toronto and spend a week or 2 before moving to saskatchewan.

Yes, you can land and stay in Toronto for as long as you want. You can even decide to settle in Toronto if you have a federal PR visa. There's no restriction to your movements and travel within Canada.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aroms said:

You are cool with landing in Toronto and leaving for Saskatchenwan after two weeks. I guess you are a provincial nominee of Saskatchenwan. It is expedient you touch base with the province that has nominated you.

bolaopemire

Aug 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2014
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
Med's Request
21-07-2015
Med's Done....
13-08-2015
Passport Req..
10-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-2016
LANDED..........
08-06-2016
Good day all on the forum and congratulations to all those with completed processes. My prayer is for those awaiting updates to receive response with the speed of light. God will surely rise and very soon, testimonies will flood this forum. Amen.

Please I want to confirm if it's still necessary to take pictures of jewelleries and attach to the form B4 a I read something like that on a discussion page.

Aroms

May 19, 2016
Logos
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pipis Husband said:
Yes, you can land and stay in Toronto for as long as you want. You can even decide to settle in Toronto if you have a federal PR visa. There's no restriction to your movements and travel within Canada.
@PH Thanks for the response, SINP nomination that's why I'm asking.
I want to respect their nomination, their nomination made it happened and bring us these far.

Thanks

kaycanny

Mar 12, 2016
zannybabie said:
Na wa oo...where are December applicants? Dont you think we need to go on prayer and fasting for AVO to release our MR this month?
I am an August applicant and I am still waiting for MR, God will answer our prayers shortly..

Ogaolopa

May 25, 2016
kaycanny said:
I am an August applicant and I am still waiting for MR, God will answer our prayers shortly..
OK this is consoling. I reckon there will be a repeat of last summer PPR and MR flood beginning in the coming weeks. Let's prepare for praise and thanksgiving.

TENMEN

Nov 11, 2014
Hello House,

See excerpt from my last correspondence from Accra VO

"Updated family information: you must advise us of any change in your marital status or family composition. All family members must be listed on your IMM8 application form. Failure to comply may result in a delay in the issuance of your visa."

Does anyone know this form IMM8? I have searched everywhere for it but to no avail.
I only replied them that my family composition has not changed.

Landed seniors please assist

Kind regards.

Okunrin Mewa.

SOTAJ

Mar 29, 2013
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-Oct-2014
Nomination.....
15-Jan-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
10-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
24-Jul-2015
Interview........
N/A By His grace
Passport Req..
25-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-Mar-2016
LANDED..........
02-May-2016
TENMEN said:
Hello House,

"Updated family information: you must advise us of any change in your marital status or family composition. All family members must be listed on your IMM8 application form. Failure to comply may result in a delay in the issuance of your visa."

Does anyone know this form IMM8? I have searched everywhere for it but to no avail.

Kind regards.

Okunrin Mewa.
It is the generic form that has to be validated before printing.

bebisco

Star Member
Sep 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 8, 2014
Doc's Request.
Feb. 6, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
May 28, 2015
Med's Request
Aug. 21, 2015
Med's Done....
Aug. 26, 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Apr. 18, 2016 Decision Made: May 26, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
May 23, 2016 Pick-up Mail.....: May 30, 2016
LANDED..........
10-Jul-2016
Ogaolopa said:
OK this is consoling. I reckon there will be a repeat of last summer PPR and MR flood beginning in the coming weeks. Let's prepare for praise and thanksgiving.
Go brother!!!

bebisco

Star Member
Sep 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 8, 2014
Doc's Request.
Feb. 6, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
May 28, 2015
Med's Request
Aug. 21, 2015
Med's Done....
Aug. 26, 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Apr. 18, 2016 Decision Made: May 26, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
May 23, 2016 Pick-up Mail.....: May 30, 2016
LANDED..........
10-Jul-2016
TENMEN said:
Hello House,

Kind regards.

Okunrin Mewa.
Same format of mail sent to me. If you family composition has not changed i.e. you have not had a new baby or none is lost, you are not divorced (God forbids). Just send them a cover letter like I did that your family composition did not change and you can even attach a copy of the form IMM8 (generic form) you filled when you initially applied. Hope this helps.

Beloved e-family, my family received Visas & CoPR today, Rejoice with us, I pray all our dreams come through, everyone expecting one update or the other, the Lord God almighty who did mine will surprise you big time in Jesus most precious name, ...539 days dream is in our hands today. Please enjoy this musical and give praise to the Lord God Almighty, that picks a man from the dung hill and places him in the palace with kings.... Enjoy this piece by Sinach

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuBA5YSsWUI