Med's Done....
17-02-2015
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-2015
Congratulations TENMEN, it takes between 2 weeks to about 5 or 6 weeks going by some peoples experiences on this forum.

TENMEN said:
Hello house,
I got PPR mail and have sent my PP to Accra VO. I will like to know how long does it take for visa pickup mail after passport arrives at Accra VO?
does it take over a month or more? @bebisco HAPPY Congrats to you and how long did it take for you to get your Pickup mail after sending your passport.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
layorh12 said:
@Pipi's husband please I sent you a PM, kindly respond.
Hi, I've replied and awaiting your feedback. :)

Earl76

Jan 21, 2016
Hello house

please i seriously need help at this point. At the point i was supposed to receive my PPR in march i was asked for a reverification of POF. which i sent. This was sometime in august. I know it was delivered but since then i have not gotten any update. my medical expires sometime in August This is is two months.

please what do i do now? how can i alert them to this and/or find out the status of my application? should i request a gcms note or is there a way i cam email them?

PLEASE MY HEART IS ON FIRE. PLEASE HOUSE HELP ME

bebisco

Star Member
Sep 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 8, 2014
Doc's Request.
Feb. 6, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
May 28, 2015
Med's Request
Aug. 21, 2015
Med's Done....
Aug. 26, 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Apr. 18, 2016 Decision Made: May 26, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
May 23, 2016 Pick-up Mail.....: May 30, 2016
LANDED..........
10-Jul-2016
Earl76 said:
Hello house

please i seriously need help at this point. At the point i was supposed to receive my PPR in march i was asked for a reverification of POF. which i sent. This was sometime in august. I know it was delivered but since then i have not gotten any update. my medical expires sometime in August This is is two months.

please what do i do now? how can i alert them to this and/or find out the status of my application? should i request a gcms note or is there a way i cam email them?

Quench the fire in your heart!!! ;) Have you tracked your status on Ecas (CIC Client Application Status) what does it say? Some persons have similar cases, my medical will be expiring in August too, until everything just started moving with the speed of light after about 7-8 months of total silence. Relax.
It will end in Praise.

bebisco

Star Member
Sep 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 8, 2014
Doc's Request.
Feb. 6, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
May 28, 2015
Med's Request
Aug. 21, 2015
Med's Done....
Aug. 26, 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Apr. 18, 2016 Decision Made: May 26, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
May 23, 2016 Pick-up Mail.....: May 30, 2016
LANDED..........
10-Jul-2016
Ed_b_good said:
Hi bebisco, those butterflies in your stomach, everyone experiences it, however, what keeps you going is your determination and will to make it, get involved in volunteer activities, get to know people in church, your neighbourhood e.t.c, NETWORK, attend newcomer programs and career workshops. The more you know, the easier it gets. Cheers.
Thanks Ed, these wonderful tips to integrate well into the system, will keep to them so one can quickly gain the Canadian Experience.

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
teagirl said:
TD Canada bank gives you a debit visa card instantly but your credit card will be ready in 1-2 weeks and mailed to you or you could choose to pick it up at the bank.
I suspected so, cos this is how it's done in TD Bank US.

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Earl76 said:
Hello house

Send them a gentle reminder by raising a CSE.

blacky

Nov 14, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-11-2014
Doc's Request.
03-08-15 comp.reg. docs & salary acc stmt
Nomination.....
03-02-15
AOR Received.
03-03-15
IELTS Request
sent with Apps
File Transfer...
16-7-16 bank statement verification
Med's Request
23-02-17
Med's Done....
06-03-17
Interview........
2-5-17 RPRF+Pcc+pof+updated forms
Passport Req..
7-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
21-8-17
LANDED..........
october 2017
Oh Lord remember us this new month of JUNE...Our MRs

Nameless_Canada

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-03-2015
Med's Request
Soon
Med's Done....
Soon
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
blacky said:
Oh Lord remember us this new month of JUNE...Our MRs
AMEN!!!!

Ebube

Star Member
Mar 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2014
Nomination.....
02-03-2015
Med's Request
24-09-2015
Med's Done....
02-10-2015
Passport Req..
15-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2016
LANDED..........
01-09-2016
Pls landed seniors, can someone advise.

If one is driving in from the US for the landing formalities, is there any difference with what is done at the airports? My family and I are considering going to the US first and then driving to Canada. Your opinions will be appreciated.
[/quote]

TENMEN

Nov 11, 2014
Earl76 said:
Hello house

Hi Earl76, I had dead silence too that lasted for up to 10 months until I was notified that my Visa will expire august and specific Docs were requested including my PP. I think your next correspondence may need you doing multiple things due to the short time so get ready. If your police certificate has expired, be ready to do a new one, as your next correspondence with Accra may ask you to provide it with your PP. The trend I see as in my case is that they will get back to you before the expiration of your medicals. Just be sure say ya POF dey Kampe since as at their last correspondence that was what they where focusing on. So get ready

ibadanchap

Apr 19, 2016
My Story

I stumbled on this thread while researching how to send prepaid return envelop to Accra with my PPR. Since then I have been amazed at the family like atmosphere in this thread. This is really wonderful. I have decided to share a timeline / story of my own Canada journey below. I hope I don't bore you and some of the information may be useful to others now or in the future.

February 2012: Wifey landed in Canada with study permit
June 2012: Went on visit to wifey. Met with a lawyer on possible migration path. At this time my NOC was not qualified for FSW. We planned for CEC
December 2012: Went on another visit to wifey. This time along with my children. We were all on visit visa
January 2013: Children enrolled and started school. I applied for WP and TRV for children while in Canada. I returned back to Nigeria
April 2013: WP and TRV granted.
June 2013: I returned to Canada using my visit visa. Started job hunting
Nov 2013: Started working.
October 2014: My NOC now qualified for FSW. Applied through FSW. Application sent to Sudbury in Canada. NOC 2281 and NOC 2171
March 2015: Application transferred to Accra
June 2015: Wifey graduated and got 3 years post graduation WP
July 2015: Medical requested
August 2015: Meds done
September 2015: Wifey got work with one of the big four Accounting / Audit firms. All glory to God
December 2015: Wifey asked to report to Peel Region Health as follow up on her medicals
December 2015: Renewed my WP and children TRV as it was set to expire January 2016.
March 2015: Got extension of WP and children TRV till May 2018, the end date of Wifey's WP.
March 30 2015: PPR, RPRF request. Also included request for POF update and police clearance for Canada and Nigeria which we did not submit earlier with app.
April 13 2015: Passports and other documents sent. Documents arrived Accra on 18th April.
May 4 2015: PUM
May 2015: Applied for US visa in other to go out of Canada and come back in to formalize PR. Discovered later that this step was not necessary as there is something called flag pole that we could have done. You just drive to the US border and tell the US border agent you are there for flag pole. They then give you some paper and ask you to turn back into Canada. I confirmed the validity of this when we drove across the US border. In fact the agent asked us if we wanted to do flag pole in which case we wont be stamped as entering US. But we wanted to use the opportunity to shop in the US so we declined flag pole.
May 28 2015: Officially land as PR at the Peace bridge (Fort Erie) Canada border. (Got the welcome to Canada thing even though we have all been here over 3 years :) .

Looking back to around 2011 when we started planning this, our way and thinking was not how it turned out. But we than God because it ended in praise and the PR came at a perfect timing.

For all those who are expecting one update or the other, don't worry, it will soon come and it shall end in praise IJN. Amen

Reactions: Chuksiesmom

Unibadan

Aug 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Waived
Nomination.....
PER 09-04-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
soon
Med's Done....
soon
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
soon
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
ibadanchap said:
My Story

I stumbled on this thread while researching how to send prepaid return envelop to Accra with my PPR. Since then I have been amazed at the family like atmosphere in this thread. This is really wonderful. I have decided to share a timeline / story of my own Canada journey below. I hope I don't bore you and some of the information may be useful to others now or in the future.

February 2012: Wifey landed in Canada with study permit
June 2012: Went on visit to wifey. Met with a lawyer on possible migration path. At this time my NOC was not qualified for FSW. We planned for CEC
December 2012: Went on another visit to wifey. This time along with my children. We were all on visit visa
January 2013: Children enrolled and started school. I applied for WP and TRV for children while in Canada. I returned back to Nigeria
April 2013: WP and TRV granted.
June 2013: I returned to Canada using my visit visa. Started job hunting
Nov 2013: Started working.
October 2014: My NOC now qualified for FSW. Applied through FSW. Application sent to Sudbury in Canada. NOC 2281 and NOC 2171
March 2015: Application transferred to Accra
June 2015: Wifey graduated and got 3 years post graduation WP
July 2015: Medical requested
August 2015: Meds done
September 2015: Wifey got work with one of the big four Accounting / Audit firms. All glory to God
December 2015: Wifey asked to report to Peel Region Health as follow up on her medicals
December 2015: Renewed my WP and children TRV as it was set to expire January 2016.
March 2015: Got extension of WP and children TRV till May 2018, the end date of Wifey's WP.
March 30 2015: PPR, RPRF request. Also included request for POF update and police clearance for Canada and Nigeria which we did not submit earlier with app.
April 13 2015: Passports and other documents sent. Documents arrived Accra on 18th April.
May 4 2015: PUM
May 2015: Applied for US visa in other to go out of Canada and come back in to formalize PR. Discovered later that this step was not necessary as there is something called flag pole that we could have done. You just drive to the US border and tell the US border agent you are there for flag pole. They then give you some paper and ask you to turn back into Canada. I confirmed the validity of this when we drove across the US border. In fact the agent asked us if we wanted to do flag pole in which case we wont be stamped as entering US. But we wanted to use the opportunity to shop in the US so we declined flag pole.
May 28 2015: Officially land as PR at the Peace bridge (Fort Erie) Canada border. (Got the welcome to Canada thing even though we have all been here over 3 years :) .

Looking back to around 2011 when we started planning this, our way and thinking was not how it turned out. But we than God because it ended in praise and the PR came at a perfect timing.

For all those who are expecting one update or the other, don't worry, it will soon come and it shall end in praise IJN. Amen
Wow! What a journey...Congrats!

ibadanchap

Apr 19, 2016
Ebube said:
Pls landed seniors, can someone advise.

If one is driving in from the US for the landing formalities, is there any difference with what is done at the airports? My family and I are considering going to the US first and then driving to Canada. Your opinions will be appreciated.
I don't know the airport procedure since I did not use that route. We drove into Canada through the Peace bridge at Fort Erie. The Canadian border agent just asked us what we are coming to Canada for. We told her we were there to formalize PR. She then asked where we lived in Canada and what we did in the US. She then gave us a piece of paper and asked us to find somewhere to park and go inside a building.

Our passports and the yellow paper were collected by another agent who also informed us that there is a bit of wait time. We ended up waiting for an hour before our names was called.

The agent who called us asked us if we had any goods to follow which we replied no. (We practically had no luggage except for the few cloths we bought in the US)
She then signed the CoPR and asked each one of us to sign. Then after that the blah blah blah about your rights and requirements to keep PR and gave us back our passports and CoPR. All in all we spent about 1hr 40 minutes in total.

If you are driving a rental car or a friend is driving you I think you'll be fine. Just factor in some wait time. If you are planning on going in a public coach, I don't think that will be possible with the potential wait time though.