App. Filed.......
24/12/2014
File Transfer...
17/03/15
Med's Request
Waiting patiently....
Ayobunmi05 said:
Charmbelle,

I have not heard anything yet, still waiting for them. I guess they are just taking their time.

But have you gotten your own Visa and CoPR? Why is you daughters passport coming so late when u got PPR in August?
(Just curious)
AVO is not working today, so from tomorrow we should hear from them.
Please do you know why they aren't working today?
They just they keep person for suspense ! Chai!!!!!

thorndike4u

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2014
Doc's Request.
02-07-2015 (received by AVO on 27-07-2015)
Nomination.....
02-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
17-12-2014
Med's Request
02-07-2015
Med's Done....
07-07-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2016
LANDED..........
07 May 2016
Tario...34 said:
Public Holiday today in commemoration of Ghanaian independence anniversary

neyobash14

Dec 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
Nomination.....
11-03-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Tario...34 said:
\
Today is Ghana's October 1 naaaaa

smipo

Jul 18, 2014
Hi Forum Brothers and Sisters,
I Landed at Calgary International On the 29th of February about 13:40 Calgary Time, i flew Klm with a brief transit at Amsterdam, flight to Amsterdam was approx. 6hrs and the flight from Amsterdam to Calgary was 9Hrs approx. Landing formalities was simple and straight forward for me, all international arrivals were on one long queue and when it was my turn to see the immigration officer i submitted my landing card, copr and passports,he asked what my status was and before i could say anything he had already seeing the immigrant visa and he said oh u are landing today and i said yes,he responded Welcome to Canada, he asked if i had luggage arriving later and i said no, he now asked me what was the content of my checked in Luggage and i told him it was just a few clothes and food condiments, i told him that the fish and stockfish and vegetables were all very dry and he said thats ok, he asked if i had the herbal stuff that they boil and drink, i realised he was asking me about Jedi or Agbo and i told him no, he said it was cool i wasnt carrying that, he told me about a family that arrived earlier and were carrying it but that they were lucky they declared it, i cant really remember if he said they were fined or not for that, he directed me to the section where i was to do the landing documentation proper, i guess it was about there break time so i was on queue for about an Hour before it got to my turn as there werent many immigration officials at there desk at that point, it was very simple, i signed on my copr, i was asked if i had any more dependant apart from the ones listed on my copr and i said no, he asked me if i had a Canadian address where my PR would be sent and i said yes, i gave him the addy and he confirmed it will take about 6-8 weeks for my PR card to arrive, we chatted briefly about the cold in canada and my previous country of residence Scotland, and that was my landing formalities concluded, i proceeded to the Luggage section, picked up my luggage and went out to see my Host who was already waiting outside for me in the car as we had communicated via whatsapp while i was doing the landing formalities. No mention was made of POF in my case or about cash that i was carrying.
I pray for all forum members still waiting for one update or the other to be patient and pray for positive answers, i know it can be tough to wait, but in this case its best to keep our minds occupied with something else like sending out cvs to canadian employers and researching about life in canada generally, God will surely see us all through to the promise land in the end.

Gentle Ace

Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9/06/2014
Doc's Request.
18/11/2014
Nomination.....
03/12/2014
File Transfer...
02/12/2014
Med's Request
04/05/2015
Med's Done....
11/05/2015
Passport Req..
29/03/2016
VISA ISSUED...
12/04/2016
LANDED..........
May 2016
smipo said:
I Landed at Calgary International On the 29th of February about 13:40 Calgary Time, i flew Klm with a brief transit at Amsterdam, flight to Amsterdam was approx. 6hrs and the flight from Amsterdam to Calgary was 9Hrs approx. Landing formalities was simple and straight forward for me, all international arrivals were on one long queue and when it was my turn to see the immigration officer i submitted my landing card, copr and passports,he asked what my status was and before i could say anything he had already seeing the immigrant visa and he said oh u are landing today and i said yes,he responded Welcome to Canada, he asked if i had luggage arriving later and i said no, he now asked me what was the content of my checked in Luggage and i told him it was just a few clothes and food condiments, i told him that the fish and stockfish and vegetables were all very dry and he said thats ok, he asked if i had the herbal stuff that they boil and drink, i realised he was asking me about Jedi or Agbo and i told him no, he said it was cool i wasnt carrying that, he told me about a family that arrived earlier and were carrying it but that they were lucky they declared it, i cant really remember if he said they were fined or not for that, he directed me to the section where i was to do the landing documentation proper, i guess it was about there break time so i was on queue for about an Hour before it got to my turn as there werent many immigration officials at there desk at that point, it was very simple, i signed on my copr, i was asked if i had any more dependant apart from the ones listed on my copr and i said no, he asked me if i had a Canadian address where my PR would be sent and i said yes, i gave him the addy and he confirmed it will take about 6-8 weeks for my PR card to arrive, we chatted briefly about the cold in canada and my previous country of residence Scotland, and that was my landing formalities concluded, i proceeded to the Luggage section, picked up my luggage and went out to see my Host who was already waiting outside for me in the car as we had communicated via whatsapp while i was doing the landing formalities. No mention was made of POF in my case or about cash that i was carrying.
I pray for all forum members still waiting for one update or the other to be patient and pray for positive answers, i know it can be tough to wait, but in this case its best to keep our minds occupied with something else like sending out cvs to canadian employers and researching about life in canada generally, God will surely see us all through to the promise land in the end.
congrats smipo and all the best in Canada

Liss

Star Member
Feb 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2014
Doc's Request.
02-09-2015
Nomination.....
09-01-2015
AOR Received.
09-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
09-01-2015
Med's Request
21-09-2015
Med's Done....
29-09-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
Congratulations on your landing, Smipo. May you eat of the goodness of the land.

On getting a bank statement as POF at POE, I would suggest everyone refer back to the cic website on what is considered acceptable evidences of cash. As stated on the website, acceptable evidences are traveller's check, investment statement, Money Order, Bank draft, Cash etc... The reason I raised this is because my MAP officer actually mentioned it. So, for the man who was stopped at the POE for having his investment letter, the link below says it was acceptable.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

Hopefully, the house won't be this quiet tomorrow.

funshiba

Jun 4, 2014
Fingers are crossed and I am getting anxious, my good friend that applied 2 months after me has gotten his PPR last thurs. Now I am feeling the pressure.

Cant wait for a response. Let them just answer me so I can move on and plan my life and my family.

Godswill2016

Feb 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2014
AOR Received.
05-02-2015
File Transfer...
28-02-2015
Med's Request
21-09-2015
Med's Done....
13-10-2015
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
31-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
It will surely come
Gentle Ace said:
congrats smipo and all the best in Canada
[/quote
Congrats Smipo, all the best in Canada

ShollyPee

Star Member
Jul 2, 2014
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 Nov 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
Additional Doc Request; POF 13 Aug 2015
File Transfer...
04 Feb 2015
Med's Request
19 August 2015
Med's Done....
31 August 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03 March 2016
VISA ISSUED...
16 March 2016
Hello house

Thanks to Neyobash for the discount on UPS. We are grateful. It shall end in praise for you. Pls who goes by the name Samuel Shuaibu in this forum. Just curious to know.
Tomorrow promises to be great as more MR and PPR gats to flow. By Gods grace
waiting for more good news.... cheers

Abembem

Star Member
Oct 11, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2014
AOR Received.
15-01-2015
IELTS Request
sent
Med's Request
10-08-2015
Med's Done....
13-08-2015
Interview........
Olorun o jee..
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11th March 2016 To His Glory
LANDED..........
12th June 2016
BC replied ur PM

Mabertia

Nov 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
07-09-2015
Passport Req..
21-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2016
LANDED..........
29-07-2016
Congratulations for your safe landing smipo

smipo said:

CHARMBELLE

Oct 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-10-2014
Doc's Request.
10-07-2015
Nomination.....
15-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
yes
Med's Request
10-07-2015
Med's Done....
17-07-2015
Interview........
Waiver
Passport Req..
12-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
Very soon
Reason being that, my wife was pregnant and close to her EDD when our PPR arrived.I had to inform AVO and we were asked to let them know when she puts to bed so as to include our new addition(daughter in this case).
We left our passports with AVO and did exactly as they had requested.
Ayobunmi05 said:
Charmbelle,

I have not heard anything yet, still waiting for them. I guess they are just taking their time.

But have you gotten your own Visa and CoPR? Why is you daughters passport coming so late when u got PPR in August?
(Just curious)
AVO is not working today, so from tomorrow we should hear from them.

Liss

Star Member
Feb 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2014
Doc's Request.