Passport Req..
21-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2016
LANDED..........
29-07-2016
Congratulations dewasco!!!

dewasco said:
To the Glory of God alone, PPR and COA mail dropped today. Genuine Thanks to Pipis Husband (He will understand) a blessing to me indeed. Flosure, thanks a mill and to everyone on the forum, its just a matter of time we shall all land in Canada this year

CalgaryChic

Aug 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Med's Done....
30/07/2015
tobesky86 said:
Dear Guys,
So to God be the glory, we landing yesterday afternoon.
Departed Lagos with Klm with a transit in Amsterdam- flight time was about 6.3hours, 6hours transit in Amsterdam. Didn't seem long since we had to change our cash from euros to CAD( we applied for PTA at the bank but dollars failed due to demand so we went for Euros @227), had food and even went into town since we had a Schengen..
Flight to Calgary was a good 9hrs phew was a long one really..
We were given declaration forms prior to landing - we filled only one as a family and declared the money and goods to arrive on sheet.

Border police was very fast and direct us to the Immigration officers for landing formalities.. It took 3hours because of the amount of people landing from various programs and countries.
Interview process varied from person to person. The 2 guys ahead of us, one was denied entry due to unsatisfactory answer, the other due to the POF..
Once we got to the officer- he asked us some very basic questions, POF but only asked how much and didn't request to see it.
We had the B4 filled for our good we brought by air but he told us it was not needed that B4 was only for goods shipped separately which arrived earlier and to follow which will arrive later.. So it was a waste for us..
After that he stamped us attached our COPR to the passport told us it will 6-8 weeks to get the card.
welcome to Canada!
Today we are heading for the SIN, insurance, bank account and mobile phone then the hard part will come with searching for a job and apartment..

Will keep you guys posted as it goes..

Cheers and goodluck
God has gone ahead of you, you will find Favour in Canada. All the best.

CalgaryChic

Aug 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Med's Done....
30/07/2015
dewasco said:
To the Glory of God alone, PPR and COA mail dropped today. Genuine Thanks to Pipis Husband (He will understand) a blessing to me indeed. Flosure, thanks a mill and to everyone on the forum, its just a matter of time we shall all land in Canada this year
Congrats Dewasco

superde

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
Good Day All!

I have not been on this forum for a while now. I can see a lot has happened in recent time.

Congrats to all those who received PPRs recently and all the best those who are yet to get and waiting for MRs.

I just thought I should advise those with PPRs as regards the Photo Specifications and quality to be sent to AVO.

For those who might not know, CIC has since November 2015 changed the photo specs requirements for the production of the newly improved/security enhanced PR cards. I'm sure those with recent PPRs must have received the new Photo Spec requirement along with the PPR mails.

But I think this new requirements goes beyond just dimensions/size but also has a lot to do with the photo quality in terms of photographic paper used for printing. The quality of the photographic paper used for printing of the photo now matters. It is important you take your photograph passports in a professional photo studio that uses quality photographic papers for printing of pictures.

My experience, I got my COPR in July 2015 but only did a short landing in Mid December 2015 and left back to Nigeria in early January 2016. My PR card has been received at my address in Canada since the 7th of February. That means my card was issued in just about 6 weeks which is far earlier compared to the 8/9 weeks average that have heard from people and particularly friends that landed before me.

What is even surprising is that my PR and that of my family were issued based on the old size/dimensions. I was already expecting CIC to write to us to send in new photos based on the new size requirements but I was shocked to get a call from my people in Canada (on 7 February) that the PRs have received at home.

Please note that I have friends that landed before me in early October 2015 and November 2015 that are yet to receive their PRs (as at that February) but instead CIC wrote to them to send in new photos based on new size and also for the photos to come with a stamp/seal/address of the photo studio of where the photos are taken. I have also read on the Indian forum on this site of many people with delayed PR productions because they have been asked to send in new photos based on the new dimensions

My point is here is that maybe PR cards produced after November 2015 can still be produced based old photo dimensions (my experience) but definitely not on photos with poor paper quality because of the new features of the cards.

So i will advise all to make sure that your photos are taken in a professional photo studio (the likes of Studio 24 and others, I know it is expensive in these studios) that uses quality photographic papers for production. Remember AVO might not reject your photos even if they are not according to spec but that might delay the production of your PR cards when you get to Canada. And of course it is more expensive taking photographs/passports in Canada compared to Nigeria.

Just something I think I should share with the house.

All the very best.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
superde said:
Good Day All!

I have not been on this forum for a while now. I can see a lot has happened in recent time.

Congrats to all those who received PPRs recently and all the best those who are yet to get and waiting for MRs.

I just thought I should advise those with PPRs as regards the Photo Specifications and quality to be sent to AVO.

For those who might not know, CIC has since November 2015 changed the photo specs requirements for the production of the newly improved/security enhanced PR cards. I'm sure those with recent PPRs must have received the new Photo Spec requirement along with the PPR mails.

But I think this new requirements goes beyond just dimensions/size but also has a lot to do with the photo quality in terms of photographic paper used for printing. The quality of the photographic paper used for printing of the photo now matters. It is important you take your photograph passports in a professional photo studio that uses quality photographic papers for printing of pictures.

My experience, I got my COPR in July 2015 but only did a short landing in Mid December 2015 and left back to Nigeria in early January 2016. My PR card has been received at my address in Canada since the 7th of February. That means my card was issued in just about 6 weeks which is far earlier compared to the 8/9 weeks average that have heard from people and particularly friends that landed before me.

What is even surprising is that my PR and that of my family were issued based on the old size/dimensions. I was already expecting CIC to write to us to send in new photos based on the new size requirements but I was shocked to get a call from my people in Canada (on 7 February) that the PRs have received at home.

Please note that I have friends that landed before me in early October 2015 and November 2015 that are yet to receive their PRs (as at that February) but instead CIC wrote to them to send in new photos based on new size and also for the photos to come with a stamp/seal/address of the photo studio of where the photos are taken. I have also read on the Indian forum on this site of many people with delayed PR productions because they have been asked to send in new photos based on the new dimensions

My point is here is that maybe PR cards produced after November 2015 can still be produced based old photo dimensions (my experience) but definitely not on photos with poor paper quality because of the new features of the cards.

So i will advise all to make sure that your photos are taken in a professional photo studio (the likes of Studio 24 and others, I know it is expensive in these studios) that uses quality photographic papers for production. Remember AVO might not reject your photos even if they are not according to spec but that might delay the production of your PR cards when you get to Canada. And of course it is more expensive taking photographs/passports in Canada compared to Nigeria.

All the very best.

You are very right. I landed in May 2015 with my family. We got mails from CIC after 3 months to re-submit our passport photographs, to meet the desired specifications as earlier mentioned by Supersede. Only my PR photos scaled through out of 5. How that happened, i am still amazed. I had to pay 14 dollars each for my 4 family members who got the mails just for 2 copies of photographs. So, let us do as advised before landing. Cheers!!

KINGSLEY JOHN

Sep 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 -12-2014
Doc's Request.
Hospital BC and Immunization cards for Children; Updated PCC
AOR Received.
23-02-2014
Med's Request
4-09-2015
Med's Done....
11-09-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
May 2016
superde said:
Good Day All!

All the very best.
Thanks for sharing.

Guyman1234

Dec 5, 2014
Lasgidi
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2014
Doc's Request.
06-07-2015 (salary payments & pof)
Nomination.....
05-01-2015
Med's Request
28-07-2015
Med's Done....
04-08-2015
Interview........
Didn't happen
Passport Req..
29-02-2016 / 11-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-03-2016
LANDED..........
26/07/16
There's going to be holiday at AVO on Monday .

Liss

Star Member
Feb 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2014
Doc's Request.
02-09-2015
Nomination.....
09-01-2015
AOR Received.
09-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
09-01-2015
Med's Request
21-09-2015
Med's Done....
29-09-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
Guyman1234,

Abeg which holiday be that?

KINGSLEY JOHN

Sep 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 -12-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
23-02-2014
Med's Request
4-09-2015
Med's Done....
11-09-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
May 2016
Liss said:
Guyman1234,

Abeg which holiday be that?
Independence Day

tlamp1

May 13, 2015
Thanks guys for all the insights and encouragement on this forum.

Our PPR mail finally came in yesterday afternoon. My timeline is as follows:
Application recvd: 28th Aug 2014
Meds request: 28th July 2015
Meds done: 4th Aug 2015
PPR: 3rd March 2016.

I am confident that at this pace everyone awaiting MR and PPR updates will receive positive updates next week. God will perfect everything. I will be contacting Neyobash on Monday as per his UPS discount offer.

CalgaryChic

Aug 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Med's Done....
30/07/2015
tlamp1 said:

I am confident that at this pace everyone awaiting MR and PPR updates will receive positive updates next week. God will perfect everything. I will be contacting Neyobash on Monday as per his UPS discount offer.
Congrats Tlamp1.

KINGSLEY JOHN

Sep 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 -12-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
23-02-2014
Med's Request
4-09-2015
Med's Done....
11-09-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
May 2016
tlamp1 said:

Congratulations

Ed_b_good

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2014
Nomination.....
08-09-2014
Med's Request
04-02-2015
Med's Done....
17-02-2015
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-2015
Congratulations tlamp1 on your PPR. It has ended in praise

tlamp1 said:

Pastor Daniel

Star Member
Oct 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2014
tlamp1 said:

Congrats