Passport Req..
30-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-2016
LANDED..........
September 2016
kollins said:
Just a bit of clarity on GCMS notes.
Its CIC's single integrated and worldwide system used internally to process applications for citizenship and immigration services.
The GCMS (visa file) is the most comprehensive and up to date information that can legally be obtained from Immigration, Refugees and citizenship Canada (IRCC).
See this system(or maybe apps) as a local server installed within an organization or company that is spread out between companies.All the employees of the organization needs to log in to this system to perform their daily duties which means it contains logs or records (gcms notes) of every data or project you worked on regardless of your location.Your Job description as a staff is to log in,assign ID to initiate the project before passing it on to other departments to work on it.Some projects needs to go through different locations and personnel to be accomplished....but the server tracks the history of the project.
This is the more reason why your history on gcms notes starts from the very first day your application is received in Nova Scotia and afterwards to other visa offices around the world.The records takes into account the time,date,processes,procedures,correspondences,actions and officers directly or indirectly working on an applicant.It contains all the logs of these details accurately and how you were evaluated to get 67 points and above
The most interesting thing about this is that when you request for gcms notes,it only have one centralized department in Canada that works over it and they are not under any obligation to take permission from your visa officers .....they have constitutional authorization to log into the GCMS system from where the server/system is deployed to pull out your data AS-IS(as it is) at the time you requested it.The officers working on your file will never know because for them,their evaluation at work can be seen through the notes so they will see that they follow the right procedures.
I took time to corroborate Sisi mee's response to you that your gcms notes request does not in any way interfere with your application process.
Whats is there to add.....that after successfully landing and you become citizen,you can still order your gcms notes to actually see how your file was treated years back,landed date,POE and so on.
Cheers
Egbon Kollins! Thanks for the apt explanation of the GCMS.

So good to hear from you. Hope the Maple leaf country has been very good to ya!

There is ALWAYS a better way with God

djdy

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 12, 2014
Med's Request
August 4, 2015
Med's Done....
August 6, 2015
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
29/2/2016 ; resent 16/3/2016
VISA ISSUED...
20/4/2016
Good morning house members. I just paid rprf for my spouse and I online. Pls how do I inform avo of the payment since they haven't told me to pay yet. Do I just send a fresh mail to them or like reply one of their old correspondence stating that I have paid? Any particular details do I need to add as well?
Ur prompt response will be very much appreciated.
Thank you

Christamario

Star Member
Mar 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2014
AOR Received.
04-02-2015
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
Med's Request
09-09-2015
Med's Done....
29-09-2015
Interview........
WAIVED IN JESUS NAME
Passport Req..
05-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2016
LANDED..........
layorh12 said:
@Ayobunmi05 I took my own passport photos at studio 24 on Lekki and It was pretty much like the standard passport photo size. I placed one of the passport photos on the specification that AVO sent on one of the forms and it fitted right into it so I assumed that must be the right size. Hopefully seniors in the house can help shed more light.
Hello Layorh 12 that standard size is not the size for PPR. The PPR size of passport is bigger. I took mine at Studio 24 Ikoyi and they made thesame mistake of printing the Standard size until another photographer saw the specification and they had to reprint a bigger size. Please go back to them and tell them what you want is Permanent Residence passport not Visa application passport

Christamario

Star Member
Mar 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2014
AOR Received.
04-02-2015
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
Med's Request
09-09-2015
Med's Done....
29-09-2015
Interview........
WAIVED IN JESUS NAME
Passport Req..
05-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2016
LANDED..........
Good Morning all, for everyone still expectant of one update or the other God will answer you this week amen.

And for those with strange views on their LinkedIn, Hope the information on your linkedIn tallies with what you sent to AVO. If it does not correspond, there is every likelyhood that could be the cause of the delay, my cousin who applied for FSW2013 was denied visa because they viewed his linkedin profile and discovered some discrepancies as to the information on his linkedin and the one he sent to AVO. My people please check very well again and ensure all information on your linkedin page is same with the information you sent to AVO

canadamyplace

Aug 23, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2014
Doc's Request.
sent with application
IELTS Request
sent with application
My linked in profile was viewed in private mode 1 month ago yet nothing has happened since then. Please what could be wrong?

Nameless_Canada

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-03-2015
Med's Request
Soon
Med's Done....
Soon
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
Same as mine, twice within a month.

Flosure

Jan 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
25/11/2014
AOR Received.
25/11/2014
IELTS Request
Submitted
Med's Request
12/06/2015 and 28/10/2015
Med's Done....
05/11/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30/03/2016
VISA ISSUED...
13/04/2016
LANDED..........
04/08/2016
Christamario said:
Good Morning all, for everyone still expectant of one update or the other God will answer you this week amen.

And for those with strange views on their LinkedIn, Hope the information on your linkedIn tallies with what you sent to AVO. If it does not correspond, there is every likelyhood that could be the cause of the delay, my cousin who applied for FSW2013 was denied visa because they viewed his linkedin profile and discovered some discrepancies as to the information on his linkedin and the one he sent to AVO. My people please check very well again and ensure all information on your linkedin page is same with the information you sent to AVO
Thanks christamario.
So what happens if an applicant does not have a LinkedIn account. What would the visa office do in that regard. Having a LinkedIn account is not compulsory and not a requirement for this Canadian immigration. Just asking for the sake of applicants without LinkedIn account or any social media accounts. Some people don't just do social media.
Just for more clarification.

elijahovat

Star Member
Apr 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-14
Doc's Request.
19-06-15
Med's Request
16-07-15
Med's Done....
21-07-15
Passport Req..
26-02-16
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-16
djdy said:
Good morning house members. I just paid rprf for my spouse and I online. Pls how do I inform avo of the payment since they haven't told me to pay yet. Do I just send a fresh mail to them or like reply one of their old correspondence stating that I have paid? Any particular details do I need to add as well?
Thank you
You can send AVO a fresh email attaching the receipt as evidence of payment. Few days later, your receipt will be linked to your ecas amd you will be able to login using the receipt no.

elijahovat

Star Member
Apr 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-14
Doc's Request.
19-06-15
Med's Request
16-07-15
Med's Done....
21-07-15
Passport Req..
26-02-16
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-16
Flosure said:
Thanks christamario.
So what happens if an applicant does not have a LinkedIn account. What would the visa office do in that regard. Having a LinkedIn account is not compulsory and not a requirement for this Canadian immigration. Just asking for the sake of applicants without LinkedIn account or any social media accounts. Some people don't just do social media.
Just for more clarification.
The reason for checking social media is to see if there will be discrepancies between what you submitted to them and what you have online. If none, they will make do with what you submitted. If AVO have further concerns, I am sure they will request for your clarification.

layorh12

Star Member
Dec 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2014
AOR Received.
09-02-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
13-08-2015
Med's Done....
27-08-2015
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
05-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
19-02-2016
LANDED..........
June 2016
apart from facebook which I opened years ago, I am not active on any other social media platform and I dont think not having a linkedIn account will be to an applicant's detriment in any way. Although having it probably makes things a little easier for the Visa officers as they will have an easy basis to tell their superiors that did some sort of background check.

Flosure

Jan 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
25/11/2014
AOR Received.
25/11/2014
IELTS Request
Submitted
Med's Request
12/06/2015 and 28/10/2015
Med's Done....
05/11/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30/03/2016
VISA ISSUED...
13/04/2016
LANDED..........
04/08/2016
elijahovat said:
The reason for checking social media is to see if there will be discrepancies between what you submitted to them and what you have online. If none, they will make do with what you submitted. If AVO have further concerns, I am sure they will request for your clarification.
Checking and non-checking of social media. It is the mercy of God that will see us through. I cannot wait for this process to end successfully. Too much agitations, anxieties, worries. Haaa I tire o. Baba God, pls look down on us your children and grant us favour before AVO.
All the best to us all.

elijahovat

Star Member
Apr 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-14
Doc's Request.
19-06-15
Med's Request
16-07-15
Med's Done....
21-07-15
Passport Req..
26-02-16
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-16
Ebe said:
Could you request for GSMC through your agent. Waiting for your response.
Anyone in Canada can help you make the request.Even someone on study permit can help you with the GCMS note.
This is link for use in order to request for your GCMS Note
cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

It is $5 for a note.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadamyplace said:
My linked in profile was viewed in private mode 1 month ago yet nothing has happened since then. Please what could be wrong?

Remember that they are carrying out background checks and it is not limited to a source. They will exploit every available source ; social media, present and previous places of work experience(s) if need be , organizations or associations that you belong to etc. So, it is more than social media.

They will also contact banks to confirm the statements of account submitted. What they ask for and how they go about it can be confirmed from bank officers or your account officers. Remember, not all files will go through this process ; selected few. The criteria they will use in selecting the few , i cannot really say but it is a known truth that for each visa year, some files must be strictly checked to conform with quality assessment.

Ebe

Star Member
Sep 7, 2015
Ibadan
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/12/2014
Doc's Request.
sent all requested document
Nomination.....
11/03/2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
waiting
Thanks a lot.
elijahovat said:
Anyone in Canada can help you make the request.Even someone on study permit can help you with the GCMS note.
This is link for use in order to request for your GCMS Note
cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

It is $5 for a note.

iya ibeji

Sep 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2014
Nomination.....
10-02-2015
Med's Request
13-08-2015
Med's Done....
14-08-2015
Passport Req..
02-03-2016
djdy said:
Thank you
Hello djdy,

i did same (paid without being asked and sent them my receipt last Thursday via one of their old correspondence) and i got an email today from RA that they have received my attachment and it will be reviewed (whatever that means)

so you are very safe. im yet to check it on ECAS sha oo

iya ibeji