ashif_eee

VIP Member
May 31, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
[color=purple][b][font=georgia]Singapore[/font][/b][/color]
NOC Code......
[color=maroon][b][font=cambria]2147 [size=8pt](Comp. Engr)[/size][/font][/b][/color]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[size=9pt][color=blue][font=cambria][b]10th May 13[/b][/font][/color][/size]
Nomination.....
10th Jul 13
File Transfer...
23rd Aug 13
Med's Request
22nd Dec 14
Med's Done....
12th Jan 15
Passport Req..
13th Feb 15
VISA ISSUED...
3rd Mar 15

Ha ha....Finally Singapore remains as the last VO for FSW13 application processing....Till two days earlier Singapore and ACCRA (Nigeria and etc@Africa) was the last two....

But Accra has already started to send MR to his applicants....

Floxzy said:
I HAVE RECEIVED MY MR, CIC HAS STARTED WITH US HALLELUYAH TO THE GOD OF ABRAHAM, ISAAC AND JACOB. WHAT HE HAS STARTED, WE WILL FINISH IT.
Floxzy said:
I received my MR yesterday for Accra VO. Islandbabe please take note. Congrats to everyone with a positive news and Goodluck to every one expecting to hear something....

Its very right- how long a VO can hold an applicants file...Thats why Accra has started...

Wish if someone can break the mouth of head of culprit on SGVO who is stopping our files .....

God bless all ....

Mail4abid

Star Member
Jun 15, 2014
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
ashif_eee said:
Thats a good idea....

But what are the steps to be taken to arrange a meeting with her....This is the major concern....

I will be there inshallah if its arranged....

If there is someone (or his known person on BD govt foreign affairs ministry ) to help us on this ....:)
We can also send a letter regarding the delay to: (but we have to send letters continuously and at a time to create a wave of complain, if we can do it I guess it will get the attention of the High Commission of Canada, what do you guys suggest?)

Ms. Heather Cruden, High Commissioner of Canada to Bangladesh
High Commission of Canada
United Nations Road
Baridhara
Dhaka 1212
Bangladesh

if we could manage 150-200 letters within a week, it will do I guess!

Misha123

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2014
Nomination.....
24-Jun-2014
AOR Received.
25-Aug-2014
Med's Request
24-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
24-Oct-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-Nov-2014
autumnfall07 said:
??? This is rather saddening, I am a FSW2014 Applicant, some of the 2014 applicants received their VISA already! Now we are still; clearing backlogs? WTH? :'( :'( :'(

I just submitted my application, means if I get PER i still gotta wait 28 months or more? That's really discouraging. Any idea why the huge time difference. CPC are damn fast, like within 1 or 2 months, Manila VO already started issuing MR for 2014 applicants!

Is it true that none of the 2013 FSW applicants are processed yet? Could there be people who are processed and not active in this thread?
I am a FSW2014 applicant as well. My file got transferred to SGVO recently. It's a long wait from here as I understand it. It is truly disheartening to think that we may have to wait more than 2 years for our application processing to be completed, especially when other VOs have already started issuing visas. This is just outright discrimination. :( :( :(

Mushfiq_1987

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2014
Doc's Request.
30-07-2015 (PF - Agent, Fund & Relative)
Nomination.....
27-10-2014 (PER)
AOR Received.
08-12-2014
IELTS Request
SLU 26-08-2015
File Transfer...
17-11-2014
Mail4abid said:
We can also send a letter regarding the delay to: (but we have to send letters continuously and at a time to create a wave of complain, if we can do it I guess it will get the attention of the High Commission of Canada, what do you guys suggest?)

Ms. Heather Cruden, High Commissioner of Canada to Bangladesh
High Commission of Canada
United Nations Road
Baridhara
Dhaka 1212
Bangladesh

if we could manage 150-200 letters within a week, it will do I guess!
That is what I am saying. But it has to be from the FSW2013 guys. I have emailed CIC/SGVO about this issue but then they asked me for my UCI. But I have not got my PER yet, so could not reply.

autumnfall07

Aug 22, 2014
Misha123 said:
I am a FSW2014 applicant as well. My file got transferred to SGVO recently. It's a long wait from here as I understand it. It is truly disheartening to think that we may have to wait more than 2 years for our application processing to be completed, especially when other VOs have already started issuing visas. This is just outright discrimination. :( :( :(
I wouldn't call it discrimination, but i feel the rate at how things work shows that SGVO does things very differently. For CPC and Manila. files are examined by a VO that respects the PER and not dwell too long on background checks. In fact, my friend who applied and got PR within a year says no one called his companies at all, no verification checks done. His VO is Manila, SGVO, if i am not wrong, does extremely thorough checks and scrutinize every applications. That's what makes it unfair. They defend themselves with 28 months time frame.

IMO, if the website clearly states that we are unable to bring up the case if our application falls within the 28 months time frame, there is nothing we can do. Not even if you complain, as technically, they are not wrong, still within a 28 months time frame. That's how they justify themselves which is what makes the wait maddening.

Sonata95

Jul 23, 2008
autumnfall07 said:
Hi sorry didn't really understood you here, do you mean that VO tend not to grant PR to Bangladeshi, Vietnamese and singaporeans? Can you elaborate why? I am a Singaporean, so am abit concerned cuz I heard they don't like to grant PR to singaporeans too, because of our inability to survive...
Hi,

Sorry I do not have reason why. This is my feeling because I recognized that SVO is extremely slow to issue compare to the other visa office. If you are young around 30 years you can wait 3 to 4 years to get visa but if you are 40 years plus like me I don't think we can wait so long. I am trying to find down another solution.

Thanks

Thang

Misha123

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2014
Nomination.....
24-Jun-2014
AOR Received.
25-Aug-2014
Med's Request
24-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
24-Oct-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-Nov-2014
autumnfall07 said:
I wouldn't call it discrimination, but i feel the rate at how things work shows that SGVO does things very differently. For CPC and Manila. files are examined by a VO that respects the PER and not dwell too long on background checks. In fact, my friend who applied and got PR within a year says no one called his companies at all, no verification checks done. His VO is Manila, SGVO, if i am not wrong, does extremely thorough checks and scrutinize every applications. That's what makes it unfair. They defend themselves with 28 months time frame.

IMO, if the website clearly states that we are unable to bring up the case if our application falls within the 28 months time frame, there is nothing we can do. Not even if you complain, as technically, they are not wrong, still within a 28 months time frame. That's how they justify themselves which is what makes the wait maddening.
I agree with you. It is rather maddening and frustrating. One would expect there to be a uniform system of processing applications across all VOs :'(

Derricktse

Star Member
Apr 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2013
Doc's Request.
30-09-2014
Med's Request
30-09-2014
Med's Done....
10-10-2014
autumnfall07 said:

Actually I have not heard many sgvo applicants report their employers received verification calls. I do not think it is the case that sgvo do a more thorough scrutinization than other offices. E.g. I believe that my application is very simple and straightforward to verify - my wife and I studied and are working in Singapore now with 2 years of experience in one position with one single employer. However, SGVO didn't/haven't called to verify at all. They would have finished that step by now if they truly wanted to respect the 1 year promise.

Again I think it is more of a case in which SGVO has manpower shortage and is overwhelmed by the number of applications. If you are in Singapore then you should drop by SGVO at One George Street - tiny office with mainly aunties (with all due respects to the elderly!)

ashif_eee

VIP Member
May 31, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
[color=purple][b][font=georgia]Singapore[/font][/b][/color]
NOC Code......
[color=maroon][b][font=cambria]2147 [size=8pt](Comp. Engr)[/size][/font][/b][/color]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[size=9pt][color=blue][font=cambria][b]10th May 13[/b][/font][/color][/size]
Nomination.....
10th Jul 13
File Transfer...
23rd Aug 13
Med's Request
22nd Dec 14
Med's Done....
12th Jan 15
Passport Req..
13th Feb 15
VISA ISSUED...
3rd Mar 15
Derricktse said:
Actually I have not heard many sgvo applicants report their employers received verification calls. I do not think it is the case that sgvo do a more thorough scrutinization than other offices. E.g. I believe that my application is very simple and straightforward to verify - my wife and I studied and are working in Singapore now with 2 years of experience in one position with one single employer. However, SGVO didn't/haven't called to verify at all. They would have finished that step by now if they truly wanted to respect the 1 year promise.

Again I think it is more of a case in which SGVO has manpower shortage and is overwhelmed by the number of applications. If you are in Singapore then you should drop by SGVO at One George Street - tiny office with mainly aunties (with all due respects to the elderly!)

Exactly Derricktse ...

U deserve a +1 from me (Ohhh Karma..)

This is not due to the thorough & long checking of the app.....Its just the reason u mentioned also the carelessness of SGVO...

Since, if they have shortage of manpower then they should have raised this issue to CIC...

And SGVO is now sending not to the 28 months older applicants but to 38-42 months older applicants....And then again taking two or more months for the PP returning.....

Yes its a good idea to be more positive....But its also true they are simply creating discrimination and anxiety to the applicants...

One of FSW14 applicant has landed on CA today whose application has ended (with landing) within just 4 months...

It should not be the headache of applicants that where their file will be processed....Its CIC's management whether its should be processed on CPC-O or on Singapore....

Since as a Bangladeshi (as an example), SG is not too close from BD ...they have to verify stuffs (if really required) from a foreign country....So why not it can be from India (which is more closer) or why not it can be from CPC-O....Both of them is less loaded VO...

Its not our fault that SG is shortage of manpower....Then CIC should transfer our files to less loaded VOs....

But, alas CIC has hanged out its mismanagement responsibility on our head...

God bless all.....

raz002vp

Jul 24, 2013
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2013
Doc's Request.
31-10-2014
Nomination.....
PER received at 02/10/2013
AOR Received.
01-11-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
01-11-2013
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-11-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
ashif_eee said:

Exactly Derricktse ...

This is not due to the thorough & long checking of the app.....Its just the reason u mentioned also the carelessness of SGVO...

Since, if they have shortage of manpower then they should have raised this issue to CIC...

And SGVO is now sending not to the 28 months older applicants but to 38-42 months older applicants....And then again taking two or more months for the PP returning.....

Yes its a good idea to be more positive....But its also true they are simply creating discrimination and anxiety to the applicants...

One of FSW14 applicants has landed on CA today whose application has ended (with landing) within just 4 months...

It should not be the headache of applicants that where their file will be processed....Its CIC's management whether its should be processed on CPC-O or on Singapore....

Since as a Bangladeshi (as an example), SG is not too close from BD ...they have to verify stuffs (if really required) from a foreign country....So why not it can be from India (which is more closer) or why not it can be from CPC-O....Both of them is less loaded VO...

Its not our fault that SG is shortage of manpower....Then CIC should transfer our files to less loaded VOs....

God bless all.....
Strongly agree. Why should we suffer? we paid the same amount and processed the papers as all other applicants done. So why we will wait for that long. Are we begging to them? We also obliged by all the regulation and requirement. We have to do something,,,,

lvtruong

Nov 13, 2012
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
Nomination.....
04-06-2014
AOR Received.
04-07-2014
File Transfer...
04-07-2014
Med's Request
06-11-2014
Med's Done....
13-11-2014<br/>Newborn MR done: 23-03-2015<br/>FBI PCC Submitted: 27-03-2015<br/>PPR/DM.....:31-07-2015<br/>Visa issued:07-08-2015<br/>PP returned:20-08-2015<br/>Landed:09-10-2015@YVR
ashif_eee said:

Perhaps this is exactly what they are expecting. They want their clients turn madness and escalate the issue to higher management department so that more resources can be allocated....they do not want to escalate the issue themselve. A hundred or more complains sending to CIC from several countries within a week might work out.

Misha123

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2014
Nomination.....
24-Jun-2014
AOR Received.
25-Aug-2014
Med's Request
24-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
24-Oct-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-Nov-2014
ashif_eee said:

Exactly Derricktse ...

One of FSW14 applicant has landed on CA today whose application has ended (with landing) within just 4 months...

God bless all.....
I totally agree with you. There are many VOs around BD. If SGVO does not have the necessary manpower to process our applications, then they can be transferred to Manila or NDVO. Is it set in stone that Singapore solely has to be responsible for applications from so many countries? This is a very good example of bad management. It makes sense that SGVO themselves are not raising the issue to CIC as it might send a message to CIC that they have been inefficient for so long. Maybe that's why they are keeping quiet. After all, they are not having to face any consequences right? It is us, the unfortunate applicants whose VO has been chosen to be SGVO that are suffering.

I think it's high time people start to speak up. CIC needs to be notified of so many grievances regarding FSW, don't you think? Maybe then they'll do something to either give SGVO more manpower or relocate our files to a more equipped VO.

autumnfall07

Aug 22, 2014
Derricktse said:

Thanks for sharing, I didn't know that. I always thought it was because SGVO does very thorough verification and thus the delay.

However, I do not agree that it is due to a shortage of manpower. You see, SGVO did not process applications for a very long time. For a long while, they only processed like less than 10 files which is weird right?

Could it be that SGVO has to call foreign bodies to verify work details of foreign applicants? I understand that the office is tiny, but verification checks are often outsourced, they only need to submit for approval. VO elsewhere are small too, no? I do not believe that the VO will be affected by the size and management of the office itself. You see, CPC process FSW applications in 20 days!? Why the huge difference? It could be that SGVO is not authorized to process so fast? I have no idea, but I believe there must be a reason. FURTHERMORE, SGVO do not have more applications to handle, the number of applications at VO elsewhere is the same starting from last year, just that SGVO has got backlogs to clear and they didn't clear when everyone else was clearing. So the numbers u see now is dated back from a long time ago.

Frankly, complain letters will only fall short. No harm trying though. CIC (or SGVO) will still justify their processing time with the 28 months time frame. CIC did not promise a 12 month time frame, they only mentioned that they hope for a 12 months time frame if I am not wrong.

And if they had wanted everything within a 12 months time frame, they would have updated the processing time in the website. Shortage of manpower? I do not see how difficult it is to do things, I suspect that they are unable to authorize certain processes that other VO may be authorised to do. My friend's VO is manila and he works in SG, but he submitted passport in SGVO, SGVO was very fast, returning his passport in 6 weeks. The VO was also very nice, eagerly handing him his passport. My friend got a call the day before and could collect the passport the very next day.

So imo, they are not inefficient. I suspect that there is more to what we do not know and that CIC do not want to disclose it.

autumnfall07

Aug 22, 2014
Also, I am not sure how accurately the spreadsheet is displaying the necessary information. There may be some applicants which the spreadsheet has been missing out. These are people who don't visit the forums. There may also be applicants who have submitted and received citizenship that we do not know of.

Let me cut and paste this info I got from a local blogger living in BC, here's her reply when asked how long her application to migrate to Canada took:

Hi anne,

Short answer: From initial "expression of interest" application to "confirmation of PR" took me 3 years.

Long answer below: I applied for Canadian PR a long time ago -- back in end-2006. This was before the 2008 Global Financial Crisis, and thus Canada's PR requirements were much more lax and the queue was way longer. Add to that, I may have possibly delayed my application process by approximately 4-6 months due to dragging my feet on the required paperwork.

A lot of things have changed since then, notably the Canadian PR system has been regularly updated (at least yearly). IMHO, it is therefore not meaningful to use my process as a reference for your own planning.

E.g. The PR rules were changed in 2009 and a special class of expedited PR applications was created specifically for nurses. My nurse friend who applied in 2009 got her PR application approved in less than a year. Then in 2013, nurses were dropped from the "in-demand" skills list, but added back in 2014.

Moral of the story: Rules can be changed, and can change quickly and suddenly. My suggestion: Be prepared with multiple plans and/or back-up options if you want to succeed in emigrating.

Cheers, WD.

Another accountant friend (Singaporean) applied in 2009 and got it in a year. How can they be clearing 28 to 42 months of applications? My friend got the PR already, within a year

sheikh958

Nov 26, 2012
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
PER:12-08-2013
File Transfer...
August 2013
Med's Request
28th July 2014
Med's Done....
21st August 2014
Interview........
Medical received: 27th August 2014
Passport Req..
22-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made: 07-10-2014. Visa issued: 03-10-2014.
LANDED..........
15th November 2014
ashif_eee said:

Ha ha....Finally Singapore remains as the last VO for FSW13 application processing....Till two days earlier Singapore and ACCRA (Nigeria and etc @ Africa) was the last two....

But Accra has already started to send MR to his applicants....

Its very right- how long a VO can hold an applicants file...Thats why Accra has started...

Wish if someone can break the mouth of head of culprit on SGVO who is stopping our files .....

God bless all ....
hope sgvo will start soon.