Passport Req..
17 Nov 2014
VISA ISSUED...
9 Jan 2015
LANDED..........
Summer
SoniaShoeb said:
LANDING FORMALITIES TORONTO

Hello everyone...we have officially landed in Toronto yesterday Alhumdullilah! So I am going to share my experience on all landing formalities...this might be a big msg so if you are interested then please read on...

1. We went to Toronto from New York on air canada. On the plane they gave us a declaration form. In that form we declared all the cash money we took.

2. After landing in Toronto Pearson int airport, we went and stood on the visitors immigration line. From there the immigration officer saw our passports and COPRs and send us to another immigration office behind the main immigration.

3. In the immigration office we went to an immigration officer and again submitted our copr/passport/declaration form. The officer was really nice and friendly...asked a couple of questions and did all the formalities and made us sign the COPRs. Then he kept the COPR copy with our pictures and gave us the other COPR copy without pics. He also asked for a Canadian address and said the PR cards will be mailed there in 6-8weeks. Then we were directed towards the baggage claim.

4. After collecting our baggage, we went to the customs office. As first time immigrants we are entitled to bring any goods (including a car) free of tax provided we used them for a minimum of 6 months. So at the customs office we were given another goods declaration form where we write a list of all goods that we plan to bring to canada at a later date and it's approximate value. So we put in all household items and electronics in the list and the guy gave us a copy that we need to show customs when our goods arrive. The customs guy also wanted to see the money that we declared in the previous declaration form.

5. From there we went straight out towards the exit. The overall process was really smooth and hassle free and the immigration officers were really nice, friendly and helpful.

Some tips:

- Because our flight was delayed we landed in Toronto at 9pm at night. However it was an advantage as the immigration office was completely empty so we did not face any lines anywhere. And the office is open 24/7 so even if you have a flight that lands at night...that should be fine.

- fill out a lot of items in the declaration form as everything is tax free first time. So even if you don't plan to bring the stuff, there is no harm in pre declaring. If you bring goods without declaration you need to pay tax on them.

- get a SIN registered as soon as you land. The SIN number is social insurance number and you will need this number everywhere even to open bank account. You can get SIN number at the airport. If the airport office is closed then you can open it at any Service Canada office in Toronto. You will need your passport and COPR to open.

Hope this info helps!
Congrats!!! Can I ask if you don't have an address yet that which address do we give

Morning_Sky

Mar 24, 2014
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2013
Thanks a lot for your well described landing experience. Enjoy your new home in Canada!

[Cquote author=SoniaShoeb link=topic=161055.msg3903893#msg3903893 date=1420686315]

Hello everyone...we have officially landed in Toronto yesterday Alhumdullilah! So I am going to share my experience on all landing formalities...this might be a big msg so if you are interested then please read on...

Some tips:

- Because our flight was delayed we landed in Toronto at 9pm at night. However it was an advantage as the immigration office was completely empty so we did not face any lines anywhere. And the office is open 24/7 so e

Hope this info helps!

[/quote]

ziafsw

May 5, 2014
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (SGVO)
NOC Code......
1111 (Financial auditors and accountants)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with app (27-08-2015 requested outing photos with spouse. 24-09-2016 requested to Complete the spousal Questionaire (IMM5490E))
Nomination.....
24-09-2014
AOR Received.
03-11-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with app
File Transfer...
30-09-2014 (27-08-2015 Return PP & COPR with spouse's documents to add in my app)
Med's Request
12-12-2014 (04-02-2016; Second MR after adding spouse)
Med's Done....
05-01-2015 (23-02-2016; done MR with spouse)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-12-2014 (14-03-2016; PPR with Spouse)
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-2015 (Issued Again with Spouse 04-04-2016)
LANDED..........
21 November 2016
Just got confirmation e-mail from CIIP for February 2015 Dhaka session.. :)

ziafsw

May 5, 2014
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (SGVO)
NOC Code......
1111 (Financial auditors and accountants)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with app (27-08-2015 requested outing photos with spouse. 24-09-2016 requested to Complete the spousal Questionaire (IMM5490E))
Nomination.....
24-09-2014
AOR Received.
03-11-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with app
File Transfer...
30-09-2014 (27-08-2015 Return PP & COPR with spouse's documents to add in my app)
Med's Request
12-12-2014 (04-02-2016; Second MR after adding spouse)
Med's Done....
05-01-2015 (23-02-2016; done MR with spouse)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-12-2014 (14-03-2016; PPR with Spouse)
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-2015 (Issued Again with Spouse 04-04-2016)
LANDED..........
21 November 2016
kmkamal said:
Have you got your passport?
brother deposited today in CVAC. 3rd line added in ECAS

ashif_eee

VIP Member
May 31, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
[color=purple][b][font=georgia]Singapore[/font][/b][/color]
NOC Code......
[color=maroon][b][font=cambria]2147 [size=8pt](Comp. Engr)[/size][/font][/b][/color]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[size=9pt][color=blue][font=cambria][b]10th May 13[/b][/font][/color][/size]
Nomination.....
10th Jul 13
File Transfer...
23rd Aug 13
Med's Request
22nd Dec 14
Med's Done....
12th Jan 15
Passport Req..
13th Feb 15
VISA ISSUED...
3rd Mar 15

Back to the home........:)

Guess all of u are fine.....

Actually I was moving rapidly for the past few weeks (visited 11 states of US in this single trip... :p )........

Asking my apology for the long absence.....I was not able to respond many of ur queries....

My wife has done her medical from US and I did mine one after reaching Bangladesh...

+1 to all of you for wishing me....

Praying for all of u whom have not rcvd their good news yet...

God is great....So lets have patience....

ashif_eee

VIP Member
May 31, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
[color=maroon][b][font=cambria]2147 [size=8pt](Comp. Engr)[/size][/font][/b][/color]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
10th Jul 13
File Transfer...
23rd Aug 13
Med's Request
22nd Dec 14
Med's Done....
12th Jan 15
Passport Req..
13th Feb 15
VISA ISSUED...
3rd Mar 15
Guys I have registered for CIIP session...Scheduled on 10-13th Feb...

All of u r highly encouraged (whom have rcvd atleast MR) to register this program...This is a useful one....:)

Shamrajjo

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ashif_eee said:
Guys I have registered for CIIP session...Scheduled on 10-13th Feb...

All of u r highly encouraged (whom have rcvd atleast MR) to register this program...This is a useful one....:)

Dear Ashif bhai,

Wish we could join it though we are waiting our PER (golden) email...

Thanks you..

raz002vp

Jul 24, 2013
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2013
Doc's Request.
31-10-2014
Nomination.....
PER received at 02/10/2013
AOR Received.
01-11-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
01-11-2013
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-11-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
ziafsw said:
Just got confirmation e-mail from CIIP for February 2015 Dhaka session.. :)
I have also applied for it. But have not received the date and venue yet

ashif_eee

VIP Member
May 31, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
10th Jul 13
File Transfer...
23rd Aug 13
Med's Request
22nd Dec 14
Med's Done....
12th Jan 15
Passport Req..
13th Feb 15
VISA ISSUED...
3rd Mar 15
raz002vp said:
I have collected our passports from Vfs today, And it was the end of long waiting. Firstly I like to thank my Allah for blessing me. Then I want to acknowledge my wife and Parent for their support and courage the have given me through the entire Journey. Also to mention all the forum members who were always with me and made my patience easy and smooth. Thank you.
Jennyhong said:
Ashif, hope you will soon get a maple leave visa sticker on your passport!

Just to keep you guys updated, my family has received our visas & COPR right on Dec 24th, 2014. CIIP replied about one week after we registered online and told us they would arrange a session 'within 16 weeks'.

All my best wishes to our friends in this forum for a Wonderful, Healthy, Lucky, and Very Happy New Year 2015.

All the best,

Congratulations to both of u....:D

ashif_eee

VIP Member
May 31, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
10th Jul 13
File Transfer...
23rd Aug 13
Med's Request
22nd Dec 14
Med's Done....
12th Jan 15
Passport Req..
13th Feb 15
VISA ISSUED...
3rd Mar 15
SoniaShoeb said:

1. We went to Toronto from New York on air canada. On the plane they gave us a declaration form. In that form we declared all the cash money we took.

2. After landing in Toronto Pearson int airport, we went and stood on the visitors immigration line. From there the immigration officer saw our passports and COPRs and send us to another immigration office behind the main immigration.

3. In the immigration office we went to an immigration officer and again submitted our copr/passport/declaration form. The officer was really nice and friendly...asked a couple of questions and did all the formalities and made us sign the COPRs. Then he kept the COPR copy with our pictures and gave us the other COPR copy without pics. He also asked for a Canadian address and said the PR cards will be mailed there in 6-8weeks. Then we were directed towards the baggage claim.

4. After collecting our baggage, we went to the customs office. As first time immigrants we are entitled to bring any goods (including a car) free of tax provided we used them for a minimum of 6 months. So at the customs office we were given another goods declaration form where we write a list of all goods that we plan to bring to canada at a later date and it's approximate value. So we put in all household items and electronics in the list and the guy gave us a copy that we need to show customs when our goods arrive. The customs guy also wanted to see the money that we declared in the previous declaration form.

5. From there we went straight out towards the exit. The overall process was really smooth and hassle free and the immigration officers were really nice, friendly and helpful.

Some tips:

- Because our flight was delayed we landed in Toronto at 9pm at night. However it was an advantage as the immigration office was completely empty so we did not face any lines anywhere. And the office is open 24/7 so even if you have a flight that lands at night...that should be fine.

- fill out a lot of items in the declaration form as everything is tax free first time. So even if you don't plan to bring the stuff, there is no harm in pre declaring. If you bring goods without declaration you need to pay tax on them.

- get a SIN registered as soon as you land. The SIN number is social insurance number and you will need this number everywhere even to open bank account. You can get SIN number at the airport. If the airport office is closed then you can open it at any Service Canada office in Toronto. You will need your passport and COPR to open.

Hope this info helps!

+1 for the details Apu...:)

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
raz002vp said:
I have collected our passports from Vfs today, And it was the end of long waiting. Firstly I like to thank my Allah for blessing me. Then I want to acknowledge my wife and Parent for their support and courage the have given me through the entire Journey. Also to mention all the forum members who were always with me and made my patience easy and smooth. Thank you.
Congratulations!

jashim

Star Member
May 1, 2014
Congratulation Raz Bhai & Jennyhong....In sha ALLAH we will follow you soon...... :)

@ Ashif Bhai ...welcome back to active mode ......আপনার সাথে সাথে গ্রুপ এর সবাই যেন ভ্যাকেশন এ চলে গিয়েছিল...আমার মতো যারা ওয়েটিং মোডে আছে...তারা একটু অন্য ভাইদের ভালো খবর শুনলে ও ভালো লাগে...আসা করছি আগের মতো প্রাণবন্ত হয়ে উঠবে গ্রুপটা আবার... আমার জন্য দুয়া করবেন সবাই...চিন্তায় আছি... এখনও সেকেন্ড লাইন অ্যাড হয় নাই... :( :(

jashim

Star Member
May 1, 2014
Dear "sbcanada"

Is there any update from your site? Did you receive any reply from SGVO to your query/CSE (s) ?

I have made one CSE recently as well but no reply yet :mad: :mad:

Shamrajjo

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

There is no word to express about the happiness that how we feel now and want to share with you also that my spouse has received the golden email yesterday....PER....PER... Smiley Smiley Smiley

Appl rcvd date: 8-Oct-14
NOC: 0112
DD Encased date: 22-Dec-14 (As per SCB)
DD Encased date: 16-Dec-14 (As per PER)
Nomination date: 15-Jan-15 (PER date)

Thanks a lot all of you to wish us for this achievement as well as to start to think the positive way.

All the best.

PS: I will update database on Monday as my link is my another laptop which is in my office. Otherwise Admin can update my timeline.