Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
Vats said:
Friends,
Job search in Canada is little trickey and depends upon your role and type of job in home country also on your will to set here.

if you have experience related to site, design (with canadian/american code), project management etc, ie easily simulated to work type here than you will get job very easily.
if you have network and contact here than also you will get job easily here.
if you have specific type of experience which is rare here than its tough
if you ready to change profile in the field only than too you can get job

there are many agencies here which help to get job

vats
Good one. How about the professional certification, is that not an obstacle?

canrushi

Star Member
Jun 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2014
Nomination.....
24-12-2014
IELTS Request
Already sent with appln
Med's Request
30-03-2015 (Still MR for child is pending)
Med's Done....
Me and Spouse - 15th March, Kid - 5th May... 3rd line - 12th May
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-07-2015
oscartan said:
Good one. How about the professional certification, is that not an obstacle?
Try to learn software like Primavera P6, MS Project, and AutoDesk Revit Structure and others which will help to get the job.

If you have 4 Years degree than your eligible to appear for FE Exam, and after that you will have to work for 4 Years under PE (Engineer who holds PE License) and then your eligible for PE Exam.

nepscan123

Star Member
May 13, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06/15/2014
AOR Received.
10/21/2014
IELTS Request
with app
File Transfer...
15/12/2014
Med's Request
02-01-2015
Med's Done....
27-01-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2015
LANDED..........
Soon
Is American FE exam recognized there?

Rayj

Star Member
Nov 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/05/2014
Med's Request
08/10/2014
Med's Done....
14/10/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20/01/2015
Vats said:
Friends,
Job search in Canada is little trickey and depends upon your role and type of job in home country also on your will to set here.

if you have experience related to site, design (with canadian/american code), project management etc, ie easily simulated to work type here than you will get job very easily.
if you have network and contact here than also you will get job easily here.
if you have specific type of experience which is rare here than its tough
if you ready to change profile in the field only than too you can get job

there are many agencies here which help to get job

vats
Thanks!!That is a great piece of information Vats

I am specialized in Project Management having done my Masters in Construction Management. So, i hope it wouldn't be as difficult as people are projecting it as.

Also, if Everyone needs to undergo FE and PE exams in Canada to get a job?

Kindly brief us a little on this.

Sorry, if i am asking a bit too much as I am a little nervous and would like myself to be sure of what to expect there once I land.

anirudhmathur

Nov 26, 2014
Query regarding immigration status.

I am Indian citizen and currently working in Japan as Civil Structural Engineer on Engineer Visa.
My wife has a dependent Visa. Both me and my wife have been issued residence card of Japan for a period of 3 years.
In the main Generic form for FSW what would be the immigration status for myself and my wife?

Please clarify my doubt.
Quick reply will be appreciated.

Regards,
Anirudh Mathur

canfsw

Jul 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO->WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-Dec-2014
Doc's Request.
CC charge: 28-Jan-2015
Nomination.....
PER: 26-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
10-Apr-2015
File Transfer...
SLU: 7-May-2015
Med's Request
9-May-2015
Med's Done....
14-May-2015
Passport Req..
Waiting
VaibhavMaliCan said:
Hi,
This is Vaibhav from Pune. I am also a civil engineer. Submitted my passports on 16th of Jan 2014. Still waiting for the Visa. Gave RFPR fee too, don't know how much time its going to take? I also have got acknowledgment from CIC New Delhi that they have my passport with them. But how much still to wait? Its painful!!!
Hi Vaibhav,

how did you submit your passport to New Delhi, which being in Canada?

billoo53

Dec 1, 2014
hi all,

i am a sep 2014 applicant (NOC 2131-Civil Engineering) opting for Alberta, Canada. my question is about licensing. currently, i am applying as a Foreign licensee at APEGA. that requires me to have a four years of work experience. can you tell me what, of my experience, counts towards this experience?

my experience is:

June 2008 to Nov 2010 - worked as QA/QC with a construction company
Sep 2010 to Mar 2012 - did MS from an engineering university in Pakistan
Mar 2012 to July 2014 - taught as a Visiting faculty at an engineering university in Pakistan

any help will be appreciated :)

fruitips

Mar 3, 2015
Hi all,

I have applied my FSW application in Dec 2014 and I have recently got the acknowledge letter from CIC.

I am a member of ICE (UK) and HKIE (Hong Kong), with about 10 years experience in urban planning, geotechnical engineering and project coordination, etc.

I would like to ask a few questions:

(1) I would like to know the opportunities for getting a job in Canada, is that easier to find a job in Alberta and Toronto?
(2) I understand that practicing exam is required for me to be a professional engineer in Canada, is this necessary to get a year of Canadian working experience?
(3) What is the approximate salary range of a civil engineer in Canada, say with a few years experience in this field?

Thanks. :)

zolter

Sep 14, 2012
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-May-13 <br>[color=green]PER......:19-Aug-13[/color]<br>[color=blue]SGVO AOR..: 09-Sep-13[/color]<br>[color=blue]Med Done: 10-Jan-15[/color]<br>[color=blue]File Transferred to Accra VO (On request) and PPR: 18-Feb-15[/color]<br>[color=blue]Pp sent: 27-Feb-15[/color]<br>[color=red]Visa : 12-Mar-15[/color]
Vats: is it that difficult to get a job? I am yet to land - I intend to land in July. How about getting voluntary jobs?

Vats

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2012
zolter said:
Vats: is it that difficult to get a job? I am yet to land - I intend to land in July. How about getting voluntary jobs?
hi zolter
not difficult but it depends upon your profile and requirements. also your will to giveup some criteria to start with

anyway I got job in my desire field in toronto it self

Vats

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2012
yes experience is required anyhow
fruitips said:
Hi all,

I have applied my FSW application in Dec 2014 and I have recently got the acknowledge letter from CIC.

I am a member of ICE (UK) and HKIE (Hong Kong), with about 10 years experience in urban planning, geotechnical engineering and project coordination, etc.

I would like to ask a few questions:

(1) I would like to know the opportunities for getting a job in Canada, is that easier to find a job in Alberta and Toronto?
(2) I understand that practicing exam is required for me to be a professional engineer in Canada, is this necessary to get a year of Canadian working experience?
(3) What is the approximate salary range of a civil engineer in Canada, say with a few years experience in this field?

Thanks. :)

Mjrj14

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 20, 2014
AOR Received.
Jan 15, 2015
File Transfer...
2nd line Feb 27, 2015
Med's Request
Mar 2, 2015
Med's Done....
Mar 4, 2015 (3rd line Mar 17)
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Jun 2, 2015 (via snail mail PPR date May 27, 2015)
VISA ISSUED...
Jun 24, 2015
LANDED..........
last quarter of 2015
Thank you for the information guys especially to vats. Hi vats why you did not opt to find job in alberta as somebody said its a developing province right now. Why did you land in toronto? Is job there difficult to find under our noc 2131?

Vats said:
yes experience is required anyhow