Waived
Passport Req..
22-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2014
LANDED..........
July 15, 2014
Hello Samanir,

Why can't you a get an experience letter if you are able to get a letter of reference? Keeping that aside, let's assume that you have only letter of reference for that 1-2 year period, and assuming that the letter of reference is taken during the time of your exit then you have to explain to CIC that why you are not able to get an experience letter. A valid reason would work (like if you cannot reach your employer or the firm is out of business etc), but definitely you have to provide a reason

Thanks
Sarat
samanir said:
Hi guys,

I am going to apply for FSWP 2013 as a civil engineer. Actually my problem is that however I have about 4 to 5 years work experience, at the moment I can just prepare the letter of reference for 2-3 years of my work experience. This 2-3 years is enough to get the minimum 67 points, but since in the checklist it is mentioned that we have to report the all work experience of past 10 year, I am wondering if just delivering the letter of reference for that 1-2 year is enough or not.

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

casgoro

May 9, 2013
Vats I can't send private messages so I will answer here. I gave my employers the official page from the checklist with the requirements of CIC for what a letter of ref. must contain and they did it...It worked for me so maybe you could try that!
Good luck !

Vats

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2012
casgoro said:
Vats I can't send private messages so I will answer here. I gave my employers the official page from the checklist with the requirements of CIC for what a letter of ref. must contain and they did it...It worked for me so maybe you could try that!
Good luck !
thanks

jakaput

Apr 19, 2013
Hello Senior,

I will appreciate, if someone will enlighten me on my working experience if I am eligible to apply:

My working experience for almost 2.5 yrs:

1. Design buildings for structural integrity.
2. Prepare structural drawings & details for construction issue.

QUESTION:
Do you think, I am qualified to apply for NOC 2131 Civil Engineer for FSWP?

samanir

May 7, 2013
jakaput said:
Hello Senior,

I will appreciate, if someone will enlighten me on my working experience if I am eligible to apply:

My working experience for almost 2.5 yrs:

1. Design buildings for structural integrity.
2. Prepare structural drawings & details for construction issue.

QUESTION:
Do you think, I am qualified to apply for NOC 2131 Civil Engineer for FSWP?
Absolutely yes!

samanir

May 7, 2013
sarat104 said:
Hello Samanir,

Why can't you a get an experience letter if you are able to get a letter of reference? Keeping that aside, let's assume that you have only letter of reference for that 1-2 year period, and assuming that the letter of reference is taken during the time of your exit then you have to explain to CIC that why you are not able to get an experience letter. A valid reason would work (like if you cannot reach your employer or the firm is out of business etc), but definitely you have to provide a reason

Thanks
Sarat
Thank you!

jakaput

Apr 19, 2013
samanir said:
Absolutely yes!
Thanks samanir for your immediate reply.

follow-up question:
1. But as per NOC 2131 main duties description, I have only one item on the lists which is design & plan and nothing more. Do you think, it will not affect on my work experience as a Civil Engineer a.k.a Structural Design Engineer?

Vats

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2012
jakaput said:
Thanks samanir for your immediate reply.

follow-up question:
1. But as per NOC 2131 main duties description, I have only one item on the lists which is design & plan and nothing more. Do you think, it will not affect on my work experience as a Civil Engineer a.k.a Structural Design Engineer?
i think no problem as i am also structural design engineer
as per duties in NOC only 1 is matching, but in our field the duties may not match all

jakaput

Apr 19, 2013
Vats said:
i think no problem as i am also structural design engineer
as per duties in NOC only 1 is matching, but in our field the duties may not match all
Nice to hear you again Vats. How are you?

Anyway, you know Vats, I am worried on my work experience. Out of 14 main duties description listed on NOC 2131, I have only one item matched on my experience and the rest will be technologist, I think. I don't know how the Visa Officer will assess on that but I am hoping.

How's your application Vats? Is it ready for submission?

Vats

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2012
jakaput said:
Nice to hear you again Vats. How are you?

Anyway, you know Vats, I am worried on my work experience. Out of 14 main duties description listed on NOC 2131, I have only one item matched on my experience and the rest will be technologist, I think. I don't know how the Visa Officer will assess on that but I am hoping.

How's your application Vats? Is it ready for submission?
about me we are in the same boat in respect to duties
i have ielts on 16th and hope will get results by 1st june
meanwhile i am preparing my docs
hopefully will sent in the first week of june. . . .

jakaput

Apr 19, 2013
because we are still new on the Civil Engineer profession... That's why we have limited duties to be performed on our work. But at least, we are belong to the NOC 2131 and we are eligible to apply on FSWP.

I see, so you are busy now for preparing IELTS review. Goodluck to your exam. You need to aim high on your exam for the benefits of your points system.

Freebird_76

Jun 5, 2012
Cairo
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys,

I have an inquiry which i can't find anybody to answer it, so maybe you guys will understand what i want as we are in same field! :D

I have a graduate diploma in Architecture (Bachelor of Fine Arts), but i am working for more than 5 years now as a "Construction Project Engineer", performing like 2 or 3 from main duties from NOC 2131. do you think i am eligible to apply for NOC 2131?!

the problem i think is my graduate diploma if is it acceptable to work in such occupation in canada?! in my country, it's 100% acceptable to work with it as a Construction Engineer. Actually i am a member in the association of engineers in my country, but i don't know if it's ok in canada

Hope i will find an answer for this question from you, guys.

Good luck for everyone.

jakaput

Apr 19, 2013
Freebird_76 said:
Hello guys,

I have an inquiry which i can't find anybody to answer it, so maybe you guys will understand what i want as we are in same field! :D

I have a graduate diploma in Architecture (Bachelor of Fine Arts), but i am working for more than 5 years now as a "Construction Project Engineer", performing like 2 or 3 from main duties from NOC 2131. do you think i am eligible to apply for NOC 2131?!

the problem i think is my graduate diploma if is it acceptable to work in such occupation in canada?! in my country, it's 100% acceptable to work with it as a Construction Engineer. Actually i am a member in the association of engineers in my country, but i don't know if it's ok in canada

Hope i will find an answer for this question from you, guys.

Good luck for everyone.
I will give my own opinion regarding your situation. (Note: I am still new here in the forum but I'll try my best). I think, you can find your answer in NOC 2011 under Civil Engineer (NOC 2131) employment requirements. According to NOC 2131, you must have a bachelor's degree in civil engineering or in a related engineering discipline is required.

So, if you have a graduate diploma in Architecture (Bachelor of Fine Arts), I think, you failed the one of the employment requirements which related engineering discipline.

But all of this is my personal view only. You cannot rely here in the forum. The Visa Officer is the solely responsible to approve your immigration application. Goodluck

Qang427514

May 14, 2013
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
Med's Done....
13-03-2014
Passport Req..
waiting...
our application was finally delivered to CIC this am!
after almost a month of completing all requirements from taking ielts & waiting for results, requesting transcripts from 2 universities and shipping time to/from WES! Oh, and getting three work certificates which are the hardest reqts especially from previous jobs! Finally!
i just hope we make it to the 300 cap!