+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Frustrating medical test

Ivanclare

Dec 14, 2018
Please i need some advice i was posted here before about our medical problems .Started it last Febuary 2018. When they saw a scar on my xray.Then i undergo sputum test which turned negative.But my xray shows there is a movement on my scars again i udergo 2nd sputum culture test,gene-xpert,skin test which all results turned negative.On my 3rd xray the scars are getting smaller.Even with all the test results they are not convince,they ask us for pulmo report and another xray.The doctor give me certification indecating i dont need any treatment since my scars shows its inactive tb or (latent tb)that was september 5.They required another further test ,another xray again this december 5 and again we comply.The xray results shows the scars are getting smaller and fading.But sadly after all the test now they ask for ct-scan.Until when its going to end?
I badly need your help guys.We are already 1 year and 1 month on our application but still we are on medical stage.We were losing hope.

Raz0r

Jul 9, 2017
Please i need some advice i was posted here before about our medical problems .Started it last Febuary 2018. When they saw a scar on my xray.Then i undergo sputum test which turned negative.But my xray shows there is a movement on my scars again i udergo 2nd sputum culture test,gene-xpert,skin test which all results turned negative.On my 3rd xray the scars are getting smaller.Even with all the test results they are not convince,they ask us for pulmo report and another xray.The doctor give me certification indecating i dont need any treatment since my scars shows its inactive tb or (latent tb)that was september 5.They required another further test ,another xray again this december 5 and again we comply.The xray results shows the scars are getting smaller and fading.But sadly after all the test now they ask for ct-scan.Until when its going to end?
I badly need your help guys.We are already 1 year and 1 month on our application but still we are on medical stage.We were losing hope.
Unfortunately you need to comply with the requests if you want to proceed with your PR. Good luck.

Reactions: visatest

rehanacca

Apr 22, 2017
I have been through sputum culture and multiple xrays. All they do is that they do your xray and then do an xray again after three months and compare both results. if both results are same (even with scar) then they give you green signal. In your case, since size of scar is varying, they are worried and asking you for tests again and again to convince them. Unfortunately, there is nothing that we can do. If that would have been a permanent scar like mine was, then you would have been through medical within 4 months.

Reactions: canuck78

Gemini_june

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
I have been through sputum culture and multiple xrays. All they do is that they do your xray and then do an xray again after three months and compare both results. if both results are same (even with scar) then they give you green signal. In your case, since size of scar is varying, they are worried and asking you for tests again and again to convince them. Unfortunately, there is nothing that we can do. If that would have been a permanent scar like mine was, then you would have been through medical within 4 months.

Hello Dear,

Congz on your visa I hope you are doing well in Canada ... I am going through some problem I did my medicals on 22-01-2019, chest x-ray was not cleared and they invited me for sputum test next day . I done sputum today 23-01-2019 (gave them 3 samples after each hour) they said I need to come back after 3 months for x-ray. I am very worried now but I am positive that my sputum will be negative. If its negative do I still have to do x-ray after negative sputum. I will really appreciate your response also can I request your whats app number or email I need your guidance over this issue please. I am also from Pakistan. Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Dear,

Congz on your visa I hope you are doing well in Canada ... I am going through some problem I did my medicals on 22-01-2019, chest x-ray was not cleared and they invited me for sputum test next day . I done sputum today 23-01-2019 (gave them 3 samples after each hour) they said I need to come back after 3 months for x-ray. I am very worried now but I am positive that my sputum will be negative. If its negative do I still have to do x-ray after negative sputum. I will really appreciate your response also can I request your whats app number or email I need your guidance over this issue please. I am also from Pakistan. Thanks
Yes you'll still need to do an x-ray so they can compare both x-rays. They are looking to see if there are any changes to the spots that appear on your lungs. They need to wait so long because bacteria or fungus takes a while to grow in the sputum. This test is very common for many applicants trying to come to Canada. Even if it was positive you'd just be asked to get treated before coming to Canada.

Gemini_june

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
Yes you'll still need to do an x-ray so they can compare both x-rays. They are looking to see if there are any changes to the spots that appear on your lungs. They need to wait so long because bacteria or fungus takes a while to grow in the sputum. This test is very common for many applicants trying to come to Canada. Even if it was positive you'd just be asked to get treated before coming to Canada.

Thanks for sharing your experience. It means if my sputum is negative and there is no change in my 2nd x-ray and they still see some spot which are same as before then I am good and will clear my medicals????

Gemini_june

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
Yes at least that part of the medical.
hmm I see I hope so and yes Chest-Xray is toughest I guess. I was shocked when they told me that I have to come again for x-ray and do it all again with other additional tests. The most hurting thing is wait and wait for 3 months. Also another question nurse at IOM told me that if my sputum is negative they will process my file normally but i will still have to come for x-ray. She said that if your visa is process within this waiting time of 3 months you will perform this x-ray in Canada otherwise you will have to come here at IOM. I am also confused here that in case of negative sputum I have chance that my visa application will move forward??? Or it will only move further after 2nd xray clearance???

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hmm I see I hope so and yes Chest-Xray is toughest I guess. I was shocked when they told me that I have to come again for x-ray and do it all again with other additional tests. The most hurting thing is wait and wait for 3 months. Also another question nurse at IOM told me that if my sputum is negative they will process my file normally but i will still have to come for x-ray. She said that if your visa is process within this waiting time of 3 months you will perform this x-ray in Canada otherwise you will have to come here at IOM. I am also confused here that in case of negative sputum I have chance that my visa application will move forward??? Or it will only move further after 2nd xray clearance???
I didn't realize you were a refugee. You are posting under the skilled professional thread. Things work differently with refugees. You can be approved without the 2nd medical test but you'd have to do it in Canada.

Gemini_june

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
I didn't realize you were a refugee. You are posting under the skilled professional thread. Things work differently with refugees. You can be approved without the 2nd medical test but you'd have to do it in Canada.

NO NO dear I am not Refugee I am AIPP PR applicant from Pakistan. Just done my medical 2 days ago and end up with this horrible news. I am wondering here and there to get information that what will really happen to my application as this is all new for me.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
IOM is usually international organization for migration thus the confusion. You will need your results before being approved to go to Canada.

Gemini_june

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
NO NO dear I am not Refugee I am AIPP PR applicant from Pakistan. Just done my medical 2 days ago and end up with this horrible news. I am wondering here and there to get information that what will really happen to my application as this is all new for me.
Ok fair enough. Thanks alot for all the information dear. If you have any things else to share over this specific matter please do share. Now I am understanding that what will really happen next.

Ambika kumari

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
Is there anyone who did sputum test and rexray before 3 months. The time period is fixed to wait 3 months for xray or anyone who did both little earlier to three months

krana85

Oct 25, 2018
Hi, im in the same situation.. did upfront medical from iom lahore on 11feb, then sputum test on 13feb, now waiting fot 2nd xray on 12may.. i want to know does it stop whole other process like background check, eligibility check biometrics? Im quite worried due to this useless delay.. since i had done same medical for nez visa in singapore n it was passed.. but in iom lahore, it seems they r using old machines etc...