+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

From Philippines, establishing proof of funds

Dec 9, 2020
I am in the Philippines looking to come to Canada with my fiance in 2022. The proof of funds for 2 people is $16135. We do not have that amount, but have relative who is OFW in US who could send us this money in US to the Philippines. We have a few questions before proceeding:
  • Are there any considerations to doing this, basically accepting the money as a gift and then transfer that to our accounts in Canada while we get jobs and started in Canada?
  • Do they look at detailed bank history to see where the money is coming from, when, who, etc.?
  • Should the money be staggered when sending from US to Philippines?
  • Are there limits of how much money can be sent at a given time?
Thanks!

Ph2Morden

Mar 10, 2020
Morden
NOC Code......
I am in the Philippines looking to come to Canada with my fiance in 2022. The proof of funds for 2 people is $16135. We do not have that amount, but have relative who is OFW in US who could send us this money in US to the Philippines. We have a few questions before proceeding:
  • Are there any considerations to doing this, basically accepting the money as a gift and then transfer that to our accounts in Canada while we get jobs and started in Canada?
  • Do they look at detailed bank history to see where the money is coming from, when, who, etc.?
  • Should the money be staggered when sending from US to Philippines?
  • Are there limits of how much money can be sent at a given time?
Thanks!
  • Are there any considerations to doing this, basically accepting the money as a gift and then transfer that to our accounts in Canada while we get jobs and started in Canada? yes you can , but you need a "Gift of deeds" documents
  • Do they look at detailed bank history to see where the money is coming from, when, who, etc.? yes they will asked for a latest bank certificate and a 6 months bank history
  • Should the money be staggered when sending from US to Philippines?I suggest to do it on a monthly basis, so that you can declared it as your salary or savings each month
  • Are there limits of how much money can be sent at a given time? It would be suspicious if there's a bulk of amount deposited to your account.
  • yung lang po.. :)

Dec 9, 2020
  • Are there any considerations to doing this, basically accepting the money as a gift and then transfer that to our accounts in Canada while we get jobs and started in Canada? yes you can , but you need a "Gift of deeds" documents
  • Do they look at detailed bank history to see where the money is coming from, when, who, etc.? yes they will asked for a latest bank certificate and a 6 months bank history
  • Should the money be staggered when sending from US to Philippines?I suggest to do it on a monthly basis, so that you can declared it as your salary or savings each month
  • Are there limits of how much money can be sent at a given time? It would be suspicious if there's a bulk of amount deposited to your account.
  • yung lang po.. :)
Why is gift of deeds necessary? Where is that filed? From what I've read that's just a formal agreement.

ayeetee

Jun 11, 2020
Why is gift of deeds necessary? Where is that filed? From what I've read that's just a formal agreement.
You NEED a notarized document proving that the monies are gifts and will not be returned to the person after you receive PR. The monies have to be available to you when you emigrate to Canada. Otherwise that will be ground for rejection of your application.

Dec 9, 2020
You NEED a notarized document proving that the monies are gifts and will not be returned to the person after you receive PR. The monies have to be available to you when you emigrate to Canada. Otherwise that will be ground for rejection of your application.
Interesting, didn't know this. Can you kindly point to where that is on the Canada immigration website or elsewhere?

ayeetee

Jun 11, 2020
It is not spelled out on official IRCC sites but it is a mean widely known on this site and others to prove that the funds were not borrowed.