+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

From close to Montreal, spousal sponsorship questions.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
If worst case scenario, I saw this. My mother is very ill. Perhaps this is an example for urgent processing? I hate to use it, though seeing her is important. What a catch 22 they provide!!

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/apply-renew-replace/urgent.html
Ok, I’m understanding now. I always thought there was a grey area, as I always had to return to the US for work and family. The border official basically pulled us in, after I said we were married. He wasn’t too happy when he’d seen I didn’t make any strides for living there legally, since I got married (in Canada) 3.5 mos. ago, though that is the modus operendi, for us to be and build a life together.

I’m rather scared that the red flag will do it’s worst, though I’d hope, given the circumstances, a more clear stay/go time can be made, until the verdict is in on my PR.

Also, I saw that PR can be expedited if there is a serious illness in the family.

It’s funny, one reason I don’t like to cross so much, is because I’m utterly afraid of the border, especially in this era we live in. I don’t commit any crimes, and am relatively clean on my rap sheet. I would like to see my mother more often (she’s 73, and very ill), but I’ve been so afraid to cross. It’s quite the pickle.

The border guard hinted that he, or I should be making progress on the PR, and I intend to show up with a Manila envelope of our situation and progress when I cross next. We had a semi elaborate wedding, and perhaps it would be appropriate to bring photos within this envelope. I know I’m overthinking, but I’d like to do things right from here on in, and not be afraid anymore. I hope to convey this, and hope for some compassion around the holidays. I know how I’d feel if I lost my relationship, with an ailing mother, and it isn’t good. I’d like to do the right thing here, though these false walls put up because of wars that happened 250 is a reality I have to deal with.

I appreciate all the responses given, and I suppose I can only hope.
The link you refer to is for people who are already PRs and simply need a new PR card. There is no urgent processing for sponsorship apps and your app will not be expedited because of your mother's illness.