+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

From Atlanta to Calgary my first 6 months job experience

C

cchabert

Bethel7 said:
Hello,
Thanks for your well loaded inspiring write up. Infact, I have learnt a lot of things from your note.
Thanks and extend our warm regards to your wife. We wish you joy beyond measure.
Congrats!!
Thank you!!

love20

Oct 21, 2010
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2010
Doc's Request.
received by G. Miller 20-10-2010
AOR Received.
14-02-2011(PER); 09-03-2011(2nd AOR)
IELTS Request
sent along with other docs to CIO
Med's Request
10-03-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
17-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2011
LANDED..........
July 2011 in Calgary
HEy guys esp cchabert! Thanks for sharing your experiences in Calgary as a Newcomer. I enjoyed reading all your post and can't help to be excited as well eventough I still have long way to go. Your post guys are really informative. Goodluck and I hope someday soon I'll be able to share my first 6months in Calgary as well. Godbless everyone.

Pachochay

Apr 15, 2010
Dubai, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi cchabert! Great and helpful posts as usual:)
I got my CGA Evaluation from Alberta and basically need to take the same subjects you have enumerated below. There was an additional note that an exemption may be given for CM1 & BC1 depending on IQAS assessment. In your case, you still need to take those 2 even after IQAS assessment? So I guess, it is not worth doing after all? Just wondering why you chose CGA over CA & CMA? I understand that you have to do 3 years training for CA, is that mainly audit field work? I am planning to do CGA as well as I dont have any external audit background nor I like doing audit in the first place but just want to get others feedback/input as well on choosing which designation to pursue. I would love (and I'm sure others too!) to hear your stories on your work - environment, peole you work with, differences that you observe coming from Asia, dress code, expectations, etc. Thanks!

cchabert said:
Ok guys this is an upgrade on my IQAS, I received last week and they also sent it to CGA (Certified General Accountant Association) and those guys gave me list of courses I need to take before start my certification, I want to share this with you guys:
First Student Fee : $745 per year and this includes:
1.- Get access to over 170 jobs on CGA's exclusive job board for students and members only.
2.- Put Student in the CGA Program of Professional Studies on your resume and get the credibility that will lead to the job offers you desire.
3.- Be invited to exclusive networking events!
4.- Keep transfer credits and don't be affected by program changes
5.- CGA Member & Student Perks.
Then the courses:
1.- Law 1
2.- Communications 1
3.- Business Case 1 – Accounting
4.- Auditing 1
5.- Business Case 2 – Auditing
6.- Taxation 1
Each course cost in average $680 CAD plus books
After pass all this courses, then I can start to do the designation and this is:
1.- Prof. Applications 1 $1,195
2.- Management Info Systems 2 $1,180
3.- Finance 2 $1,180
How long is going to take this? I don't know yet, so far I'll wait until January when my benefit from the University starts so I can see how many courses I can studied for free and then I'll decide.