Passport Req..
28-10-09
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-09
LANDED..........
7-5-2010
Yahoo India said:
Calgirl

How much fees are you paying for the 8-week course? Is it different from what you already know from India, any specialization course in networking?

What was your job profile in India and how much exp.? I too am interested in networking field and will be very grateful for your feedback....
These courses are absolutely free of cost. These programs are run by either government or non-profit organizations. Only some prerequisites has to be met. In case of the course I'm attending, one needs to have network/database administration experience along with newly landed immigrant's status.

calgirl

Nov 17, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7-5-09
Doc's Request.
6-7-09
Med's Request
28-10-09
Med's Done....
3-11-09
Passport Req..
28-10-09
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-09
LANDED..........
7-5-2010
saki said:
Hi Calgirl,

Can you name some of the government sponsored or non-profit settlement agencies who helps in different courses?

Thanks
Saki
In my opinion, one should contact YMCA first. YMCA will suggest the best suitable way. website is www.ymca.ca
Then there's COSTI. Website is www.costi.org
You can also check www.jobstart-cawl-org
You will need your passport(serving as your photo ID)/any other valid photo ID and landing papers to go ahead with these organizations.

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
calgirl said:
In my opinion, one should contact YMCA first. YMCA will suggest the best suitable way. website is www.ymca.ca
You will need your passport(serving as your photo ID)/any other valid photo ID and landing papers to go ahead with these organizations.
Thanks Calgirl appreciate it.

Cheers
Saki

B

belize

hi, how about funds to show on landing do they ask for funds in cash or what is the best option? how about grocery there?" expensive and you are in Toronto right? its hard to locate appartment for rent.
thanks.

vncviewer

Sep 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
SIngapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-09
Doc's Request.
25-09-09
Nomination.....
15-12-09
AOR Received.
23-12-09
Hello Sis,

Thanks ur valuable information.

When u do ur course how u manage ur children? did they stay in home or day care centre. I'm also female principal candidate. And have kids. thinking how i will manage ? how can i do job? so i thought my hubby will do work and i have to stay in home with kids. please share ur experiance how u r passing ur busy time. so that i can also make an plan.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
calgirl said:
Haa bhai, bhalo-e aachi. Tomar vis-r khobor kotodur?
Yah, Just sent my Full docs to Singapore CHC.
Now it might take as much as 4-5 months or even 6 months as I am hearing that more n more applications are reaching to Singapore CHC. They are not even accepting any documents after 2pm Singapore time. It could be their rule but this is true that the backlog was much less when you applied, now its growing everyday.

But I got a feeling that CIC is more partial in taking more Indian People rather than others, I donno why.

sapanaB

Apr 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2010
Doc's Request.
23-07-2010
AOR Received.
04-01-2011
Congratulations Madhumita !!!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
ather8888 said:
hi H R U?
SORRY it's ur personal matter but why u made ur id as "CALGIRL"
THIS is very bad name
whenever i see this name on forum it seema very strange really
R U really a cal girl or u male?
I m very sory to write all this but i was thinking for many days to write something abou it
sorry and thnx
Hi Ather,

Sorry to butt in here. That user name is perfectly fine. U r reading it the wrong way. The problem is in our thinking. She is from 'Calcutta' & a Female. Thus, the ID 'Cal' 'Girl'.

There r many females from California, who uses the same user ID over the net. Initially, I also thought that she was from California.

Else, she is a happily married lady with 2 small kids. Is a senior member of this forum. Has been contributing vehemently here & on Trackitt.com. And is a Career Woman, Manager in the IT profession. We have learnt a lot from her posts here.

Ride over it brother.

Qorax

Ps.: I chose to write the foregoing in good faith.

atteeq

Star Member
May 1, 2010
my name is sonia nice to hear wish u avery happy life how much time it takes for the whole immigration process.i have just withdraw my case bec of some reason .

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
Hi Ather,

Sorry to butt in here. That user name is perfectly fine. U r reading it the wrong way. The problem is in our thinking. She is from 'Calcutta' & a Female. Thus, the ID 'Cal' 'Girl'.
There r many females from California, who uses the same user ID over the net. Initially, I also thought that she was from California.
Else, she is a happily married lady with 2 small kids. Is a senior member of this forum. Has been contributing vehemently here & on Trackitt.com. And is a Career Woman, Manager in the IT profession. We have learnt a lot from her posts here.
Ride over it brother.
Qorax

Thanks for responding on this so well Qorax, I was also trying to phrase my response.
Ather, if you will read some of the posts from calgirl you would how nice a person she is helping one and all for a long time

Sorry Brother but -1 from my side

ather8888

Dec 16, 2009
qorax said:
Hi Ather,

Ride over it brother.

Qorax

Sorry captain

I did not know about this
In fact i was much surprised about this name
I could not stop myself to write about this bcoz it is was very strange for me
And Very very sorry to MAM ( It was not my intention to hit u just thought that some naughty guy has created this ID)
I thought may be some naughty guy has created this id and nothing else
And it was really due to lack of information

Big Appologies
Thnx to Qorax who made me correct in understanding
This lady is very respectable for

ather8888

Dec 16, 2009
calgirl said:
Hi Calcutta girl

Big appologies for this misunderstanding
I did not know the meaning of ur name
But Captain has corrected me
I thought some nuaght guy has created this ID

U r very very respectable for me
I do appologies once again
I hope u understand all this
thnx

ather8888

Dec 16, 2009
qorax said:
Hi Ather,

Ride over it brother.

Qorax

HI Captain

U r also very honourable for me as senior member of this forum as well as senior in age

And there is no problem in my thinking

u r wrong here

In fact u thought me wrong

I am using this forum since October 2009, i never hit anybody directly or indirectly

I never used wrong language for any other members

I hope u understand

Thanks

accounts

Aug 4, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
28-12-2010
LANDED..........
August 6 2010
CAL Girl: Calcutta Girl, California Girl or CAn Be Calgary Girl

You guys are not chatting on Yahoo or ICQ. Do not be personal on these fronts.. Only ask, suggest, help on Immigration Topics..