+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fresh thread to discuss LPP Complete but Citizenship Ceremony Not Started

drsome

Dec 20, 2018
I received my case notes via the ATIP request. Seems like I was granted citizenship on June 8th which was when my LPP was completed. Primary office seems to be SCR. I guess I'm just chilling till they can accommodate me in a group for the oath.
Would you mind sharing when you requested your case notes? Still waiting on my notes requested some weeks ago. Were you issued additional tracker for your notes after you had requested?

trapper20

Jul 7, 2023
I requested it on July 5th, so I did receive the notes relatively quickly.

So interestingly, my tracker just updated and my Oath has been scheduled for August 17 by the Scarborough office. The tracker shows July 14th as when my oath was scheduled even though it updated only today. I received my notes this Sunday, that's July 16th. Now correlation isn't causation but its pretty interesting that my appointment was scheduled around the day I received my case notes.

Were you issued additional tracker for your notes after you had requested?
Nope, they do mention a 30 day timeframe for sending you the notes though.

Reactions: nabd1

Cancitizenapp2022

Star Member
Jan 2, 2022
I requested it on July 5th, so I did receive the notes relatively quickly.

So interestingly, my tracker just updated and my Oath has been scheduled for August 17 by the Scarborough office. The tracker shows July 14th as when my oath was scheduled even though it updated only today. I received my notes this Sunday, that's July 16th. Now correlation isn't causation but its pretty interesting that my appointment was scheduled around the day I received my case notes.

Nope, they do mention a 30 day timeframe for sending you the notes though.
I requested ATIP on July 6th. Still waiting on the notes and oath schedule. Hopefully if its similar to you oath should follow once notes are received.

disnisnu

Aug 23, 2023
Hi, I was going to create a new thread but I came across this thread and thought it would be appropriate. Apologies if it is not.

I have a family member that failed the online test twice and was called in for an in-person test and interview. Needless to say they were very, very nervous, but thought it went well.

The officer said that they can't say how the test went but to check their email in 24 hours. So another 24 hours of extreme nervousness waiting for an email to either say pass or fail, but no emails came. Yet another 24 hours of no emails, we checked the tracker.

In the tracker there were the following updates, 2 days after the interview:

- Language skills updated to completed
- Physical Presence updated to completed
- Prohibitions updated to completed
- Citizenship Test updated to Hearing Required
- Background verification updated to In Progress
- Hearing Required scheduled for interview

The date for all of these updates was the date of the interview, so it was a little confusing to see "completed," and "in progress," updates for most things, but Citizenship Test still says "hearing required." On top of that, background verification was in "completed," status since last year but it got updated to "in progress."

After waiting few more days to get more definitive updates, there is a new update saying "Fingerprints Required." Similar to Background Verification, this was done last year. Not sure why they are asking again. Also, Citizenship Test still has a status of "Hearing Required."

Sorry for the long post, but any insight as to what all of this means would appreciated.

trapper20

Jul 7, 2023
Seems like this would need its own post. This current one largely focuses on folks who've had all their processes completed and are just waiting on their ceremonies getting scheduled.

My 2 cents is that no one will be able to give you any input, you'll probably just have to contact IRCC through the phone and ask what decision was taken. The other action you could take is to ask for your case notes via an ATIP request, although that request will take around 30 days to fulfill. By that time, I'm assuming you'll have known whats going on already.

But I would say, take solace in the fact that no news is generally good news in cases like this. If things went south, they would have contacted you sooner rather than later.

CanMon

Star Member
Jul 28, 2022
Hi all, I got my LPP completed on June 23,2023. I am October 15,2022 applicant. My oath is still not started and office is Scarborough. I saw few people around same timeline received the date for oath.

Fasttrack

Nov 7, 2023
HI, My LPP completed Dec 20th 2023 but Oath not started. People submitted after me received their passports after the oath. Any idea why they are delaying some cases and fast track others. What is the procedure of applying for ATIP or GCMS and will it help?
Please share your valuable comments. Thanks

Reactions: Stika

Stika

Star Member
Aug 18, 2018
HI, My LPP completed Dec 20th 2023 but Oath not started. People submitted after me received their passports after the oath. Any idea why they are delaying some cases and fast track others. What is the procedure of applying for ATIP or GCMS and will it help?
Please share your valuable comments. Thanks
What location?

Reactions: Estee Ali

Fasttrack

Nov 7, 2023
Location is Mississauga, I called the IRCC helpline and they told me that processing time is 15 months, I asked them is it for all for some? I told her people allied in September and Oct have become citizens, isn't their timeline is also 15 months.
Best place to work sitting all day and giving same answer to all calls.

Debby25

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
Location is Mississauga, I called the IRCC helpline and they told me that processing time is 15 months, I asked them is it for all for some? I told her people allied in September and Oct have become citizens, isn't their timeline is also 15 months.
Best place to work sitting all day and giving same answer to all calls.
I am in the same situation, but been waiting for Oath since Nov 29th. Caller IRCC this week and they told me the same thing. Very frustrating!