+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fresh thread to discuss LPP Complete but Citizenship Ceremony Not Started

trapper20

Jul 7, 2023
Hi Folks,

I noticed a lot of people on each monthly thread discussing the fact that their LPPs are complete but they haven't yet received their oath invites or their trackers don't currently show the ceremony process as started. The last thread for this discussion was from the 2020s where oath invite delays were largely due to:
  • Covid related complications
  • Covid related staffing
  • Federal workers' strike
which kinda sorta made sense. For the more recent applications like mine, the reason seems to be rather cryptic. So I decided to create a fresh thread for this discussion and to share information.

My details copy pasted from the tracker

Office: SCR (most likely from test invite)
Physical Presence: 1105
  • June 10, 2023: Ghost update
  • Jun 8, 2023
    Physical presence status has been updated to Completed.
  • Jun 8, 2023
    Prohibitions status has been updated to Completed.
  • Jun 8, 2023
    Language skills status has been updated to Completed.
  • Mar 7, 2023
    Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed.
  • Mar 3, 2023
    Scheduled for citizenship test
  • Feb 24, 2023
    Citizenship test status has been updated to In progress.
  • Jan 26, 2023
    Background verification status has been updated to Completed.
  • Jan 25, 2023
    Fingerprint results: Received
  • Jan 10, 2023
    Fingerprints required
  • Aug 30, 2022
    Application filed
    We have received your application and have begun to process your application. Information about next steps and required action items will be coming soon.
Since June 10th I've received nada, citizenship ceremony is still marked as Not Started. I've asked for GCMS notes via an ATIP request yesterday, don't quite know when thats gonna happen.

Funnily enough, my partner applied for citizenship a month before me, they had their LPP process around the same time as me but received the oath invite the next day and already has their passport now. Not quite sure what went wrong between theirs and my applications.

Last edited:

trapper20

Jul 7, 2023
I think Ontario offices are overloaded with oaths that need to be scheduled. Scarborough office is scheduling oaths all the way to August 8th now I believe

sj1234567

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
Another week ends without oath after LPP completion on June. Anyone got lucky this week? Vancouver Online Applicant from Dec 2021 here!

trapper20

Jul 7, 2023
Haven't received anything yet. Scarborough office June 8th LPP. Any SCR folks seeing this post, could you share when your LPP got done and when your oath date was ?

trapper20

Jul 7, 2023
I received my case notes via the ATIP request. Seems like I was granted citizenship on June 8th which was when my LPP was completed. Primary office seems to be SCR. I guess I'm just chilling till they can accommodate me in a group for the oath.