+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

French Language and Quebec Immigration for Skilled Worker

bssoni

Jun 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All,

Both I and my spouse are computer engineer from India. We both hold master degree and have six/seven years of experience. Presently, We are preparing the documents which will be submitted to the immigration office once the online interface for Quebec Immigration[skilled worker category] becomes available nearby October 2015.

Do we need to submit the score of French language proficiency test, mandatory? This is because, without considering the points of french language test, we are able to score minimum points required in order to become eligible under the immigration program.Does it makes any impact on the selection process if I do not provide score of French language? However, I [principle applicant] do have an IELTS score.

We request all of you to please answer this question as such question is not listed specifically, under FAQ section of Quebec immigration website. Under FAQ section of website, there exist ambiguity regarding french language test. They are simply saying that if applicant wish to avail the points under french language test, he/she must need to submit valid score of standardized test system.

Rebetha82

Jan 5, 2015
Do you live in QC or why do you want to apply through QC? If you can apply in any other Canadian province, you won't need the French test. If you do apply through QC, I think it's mandatory. I had to take it even though I did my Ph.D. at a francophone university. But since my thesis was mostly in English, I still had to pass the test...

Good luck with immigration :)

saaz87

Star Member
May 23, 2013
Montreal - Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2014 App. Received: 15-12-2014
Doc's Request.
22-05-2015
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
Med's Request
08-04-2015
Med's Done....
17-04-2015
Interview........
-- WAIVED -- Decision Made: 18-06-2015
Passport Req..
26-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2015 PR Card.........: 07-10-2015
As Rebetha mentioned, why is it that you want to apply through Quebec, why not some other province or express entry? Unless you have a job in Quebec I guess it's only going to make your process longer since you'll need to apply for QSW before and once you get it you can apply for PR.
Anyhow if you are applying through regular program than French is not important (as long as your points are complete) though knowing French can definitely give you bonus points and might help your case.