+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

French citizen visiting children in Canada

Icey2177

Jul 27, 2021
I am a permanent resident of Canada and my fiancé (common-law partner) is a Canadian Citizen. My mom who is a French citizen (she is fully vaccinated since May) is planning on visiting us in Toronto mid-August from France for the first time in 4 years. My brother is also a permanent resident of Canada and lives in Gatineau, QC with his 2 kids.
From reading the Canadian government website, it sounds like she needs to have a plan to quarantine but may be exempted if meeting the required conditions. What are the conditions and can she be refused access to Canada?
If she wants to visit my brother as well, does that mean that her travel plan needs to include a 14-day stay in Toronto before she goes to Gatineau, QC in case she would be required to quarantine?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
She can include the quarantine in Gatineau (no need to do it in Toronto).

Icey2177

Jul 27, 2021
Thank you for the quick response. So if she arrives in Toronto, can her quarantine plan mentions that she will start it in Toronto and finish it in Gatineau?
Also, does she need a letter from myself and my brother explaining that she is coming to visit us? Is this sufficient for her to be allowed in?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for the quick response. So if she arrives in Toronto, can her quarantine plan mentions that she will start it in Toronto and finish it in Gatineau?
Also, does she need a letter from myself and my brother explaining that she is coming to visit us? Is this sufficient for her to be allowed in?
Would include a plan for quarantine if needed. If you have a basement with a bathroom that could be her quarantine plan if quarantine is needed for some reason.