great piece of info hmisabpk ;D.stay blessd

art2012

Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Social assistance of $ 500- 600 /mth is not enough to pay even rent,forget abt food n other expenditures.one cant feel secured thinking abt social asistance.we had been to homessless areas accidentally while walking n walking in downtown toronto n the oogle of people was very scary.the houses next to these homeless shelters were all abandoned out of fear n and we saw some people sitting awkwardly on the stair cases n playing cards,smoking n doing other activities.some houses little further had raised their fences high( not common practice ) so that these homessless people cant see inside of the house n the people living inn.we felt heart in mouth n walked fast keeping head straight without looking at them,it appeared that they have tendency to steal at any cost.one cant think of living in homessless people areas n if such a situation arises better get back to home country than living in those places,its that scary esp in toronto.the area itself is not livable for skilled workers n one can imagine living in those houses.most of homeless shelter people r drug addicts,alcoholics,criminals etc etc.

SOCIAL ASSISTANCE in othe words IS NON EXISTANT FOR SKILLED WORKERS.to somextent its working for refugees.

Adroit

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
very good and informative reply hmisabpk...

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
kiala said:
Dear Explorer!

Thanks for the reply. I didn't mean I will not work over there, I just asked in worst situation if I am bankrupt and have no money left will I be able to survive in Canada or have to return to home country. Off course I am willing to work and I will try my best.

Can newly arrived immigrants get social assistance? Thanks

Hi Kiala,
My dear friend , if i were in your position , i will only think positive and will not like to think of the worst situation at all. Just think that you will have a better situation. I am sure you have never traveled out of your home town and do not have the experience. Do not be afraid all will be fine. I have moved so many times to different continents and have succeeded in countries where i had to learn a complete new language. Please be optimistic.

Social assistance is not an option. Only for lazy people.

Canadaforall.

shaddy

Mar 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2010
Doc's Request.
21-09-2010
AOR Received.
21-09-2010
IELTS Request
19-01-2012
Med's Request
22-06-2012
Med's Done....
03-07-2012
Passport Req..
05-02-2013
canadaforall said:
Hi Kiala,
My dear friend , if i were in your position , i will only think positive and will not like to think of the worst situation at all. Just think that you will have a better situation. I am sure you have never traveled out of your home town and do not have the experience. Do not be afraid all will be fine. I have moved so many times to different continents and have succeeded in countries where i had to learn a complete new language. Please be optimistic.

Social assistance is not an option. Only for lazy people.

Canadaforall.

THANKS FOR YOUR ADVICE,IT WILL ENCOURAGE MANY WHO THINK MYOPIC TO BELIEF IN THEMSELVES/THEIR ABILITY TO SUCCEED IN NEW ENVIRONMENT.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
hmisabpk said:
Hi

I think all members have given the almost same view that why someone has to go for social assistant? And why someone needs to choices the street life?
I haven't seen this thread before and replied the same query on my thread. It may be interesting to repast here with hope that no one should go for social assistant or food bank help. However if anyone is in the situation that they need helps (God forbidden & will never bring that situation in anyone's life) may given information and contacts will be helpful, especially list of settlement Agencies and neighborhood offices. (It would be helpful for people on refuge states to get immediate help, but sure not for PR people)

Below is the original reply link and post:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/thousands-thousands-thousands-jobs-in-toronto-upcoming-job-fairs-t83858.0.html
« Reply #502 on: 25-11-2012, 10:52:37 »

Hi Kiala,

Yes!!
There are many places, subsidies housing, low income shelters, low income housing, Gear Income to rent, Rental Supplement Program, etc...
Many settlement Agencies and neighborhood offices can helps (conditions apply).

Below are the links and of the list of Settlement Agencies Directory and Neighbourhood Offices on same thread (reply # 306)

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/thousands-thousands-thousands-jobs-in-toronto-upcoming-job-fairs-t83858.195.html

Toronto & GTA :
http://www.toronto.ca/housing/about-streets-homes.htm
https://www.ywcatoronto.org/page.asp?l1=52&pid=75
http://www.ymcagta.org/en/youth/other-support-services/place-to-stay/housing-shelter.html

Do you need emergency shelter?
•Call 3-1-1 or •Central Intake 416-338-4766, 1-877-338-3398 (toll-free within the GTA) •Out of the Cold 416-699-OOTC (6682)

Important to know:
As PR when you landing you are declaring that you have enough money to support your family at least 3 to 6 month according to your family size. Further as PR applicant you have shown enough funds to immigrate to Canada. In this situation you can't ask any financial or social assistant from any government or non-Government organization.

Question:

If you have funds to support yourself for 3 to 6 month, during this period why you can't look for job? I am sure that you will find a good job, and even minimum wage is around $ 11 per hour, multiply 44 hours a week, 176 hours a month and you can earn $ 1936 per month, why you will be not able to pay rent? And why you have to look for social assistant?

Well!! Think positive and plan for early job settlement, not for social housing or social assistant. I know it is a big concern for all of us especially when we are settling in a new country, but if you are succeeded to get PR than why you can't be succeeded to get Job? :)

My apology, I'm not chastening you or any one, I am presenting the reality.
There are few other places, we all know where no one has to pay any rent and no one likes to go there.

I hope you get my point and may it helps,

Regards,

hmisabpk
Very well written HMI !

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
explorer101 said:
People do go for social assistance and it is aroung $600 a month and that is the end.
If you make your 2 hands to work, you would never need to look for free place to stay or social assistance.
Very well said Explorer !

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Leon said:
I do not know if all the the homeless are together enough to be collecting their welfare checks and if they are, I am sure some of them are spending it on things other than housing.

There are homeless shelters but not all the homeless want to go there. There was a documentary a couple of years ago where they talked to some people and some of them said they didn't feel safe in the shelters and that other people would steal their stuff. Others said they wanted to be independent of the shelters. Yet others said that they didn't like to be told what time to arrive by and when to get up in the morning and that is why they preferred the street. The last group also said that is the reason they did not want to work, because they did not want to be told when to arrive and what to do.

In any case, the shelters are there and they are an option. If people do not want to use them, so be it. The welfare should be enough to at least rent a room in shared housing. There wouldn't be much left over for food but there are food banks and soup kitchens you could go to. It would not be a particularly good life. I'd say get a job if you can. Any job pays better than welfare.
That nails it Leon !

KNM

Sep 5, 2011
Qorax

I have initiated a PM towards you few weeks back.....with the hope to get your valuable input and guidance to solve my dilema due to the similarity of your previous and my present profession...

Awaiting reply (if possible)

regards

KNM

shaddy

Mar 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2010
Doc's Request.
21-09-2010
AOR Received.
21-09-2010
IELTS Request
19-01-2012
Med's Request
22-06-2012
Med's Done....
03-07-2012
Passport Req..
05-02-2013
hmisabpk said:
Hi

I think all members have given the almost same view that why someone has to go for social assistant? And why someone needs to choices the street life?
I haven't seen this thread before and replied the same query on my thread. It may be interesting to repast here with hope that no one should go for social assistant or food bank help. However if anyone is in the situation that they need helps (God forbidden & will never bring that situation in anyone's life) may given information and contacts will be helpful, especially list of settlement Agencies and neighborhood offices. (It would be helpful for people on refuge states to get immediate help, but sure not for PR people)

Below is the original reply link and post:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/thousands-thousands-thousands-jobs-in-toronto-upcoming-job-fairs-t83858.0.html
« Reply #502 on: 25-11-2012, 10:52:37 »

Hi Kiala,

Yes!!
There are many places, subsidies housing, low income shelters, low income housing, Gear Income to rent, Rental Supplement Program, etc...
Many settlement Agencies and neighborhood offices can helps (conditions apply).

Below are the links and of the list of Settlement Agencies Directory and Neighbourhood Offices on same thread (reply # 306)

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/thousands-thousands-thousands-jobs-in-toronto-upcoming-job-fairs-t83858.195.html

Toronto & GTA :
http://www.toronto.ca/housing/about-streets-homes.htm
https://www.ywcatoronto.org/page.asp?l1=52&pid=75
http://www.ymcagta.org/en/youth/other-support-services/place-to-stay/housing-shelter.html

Do you need emergency shelter?
•Call 3-1-1 or •Central Intake 416-338-4766, 1-877-338-3398 (toll-free within the GTA) •Out of the Cold 416-699-OOTC (6682)

Important to know:
As PR when you landing you are declaring that you have enough money to support your family at least 3 to 6 month according to your family size. Further as PR applicant you have shown enough funds to immigrate to Canada. In this situation you can't ask any financial or social assistant from any government or non-Government organization.

Question:

If you have funds to support yourself for 3 to 6 month, during this period why you can't look for job? I am sure that you will find a good job, and even minimum wage is around $ 11 per hour, multiply 44 hours a week, 176 hours a month and you can earn $ 1936 per month, why you will be not able to pay rent? And why you have to look for social assistant?

Well!! Think positive and plan for early job settlement, not for social housing or social assistant. I know it is a big concern for all of us especially when we are settling in a new country, but if you are succeeded to get PR than why you can't be succeeded to get Job? :)

My apology, I'm not chastening you or any one, I am presenting the reality.
There are few other places, we all know where no one has to pay any rent and no one likes to go there.

I hope you get my point and may it helps,

Regards,

hmisabpk
VERY INFORMATIVE,IT WILL ASSIST MANY.......

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
KNM said:
Qorax

I have initiated a PM towards you few weeks back.....with the hope to get your valuable input and guidance to solve my dilema due to the similarity of your previous and my present profession...

Awaiting reply (if possible)

regards

KNM
My inbox is overstuffed... pls send it again.