+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Free Legal Services for Refugees in Toronto

mdna

Mar 3, 2012
Hello everyone -

I am working with a few organizations in Toronto trying to help asylum seekers.

An article published Sunday on The Globe and Mail explains why refugees sheltered at Centennial College will need to leave the premises in less than a month (students will return for the school year).

We are currently providing some free legal services to meritorious claimants currently in Toronto, including work permits applications and help with getting a job.

If you are or know an asylum seeker needing help, please send a private message for more information.

All the best.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Sir... i m worker holder can you tell me please how can apply canada working visa
You need to find an employer who is willing to give you a job offer in Canada and who is also willing to obtain an approved LMIA. There are no jobs or employers on this forum. If you want to try looking for a job, you will need to apply through reputable job sites such as indeed, linkedin, monster, etc.

kabaah

Jul 12, 2018
Hello everyone -

An article published Sunday on The Globe and Mail explains why refugees sheltered at Centennial College will need to leave the premises in less than a month (students will return for the school year).

We are currently providing some free legal services to meritorious claimants currently in Toronto, including work permits applications and help with getting a job.

If you are or know an asylum seeker needing help, please send a private message for more information.

All the best.
Greetings!!!
I hope you're fine Mdan with me here ,I'm so excited with your thread for what you quote "Mdan" I'm Asylum seeker but i'm still in UAE already registered myself with UNCHR and i'm keep on waiting for interview but it takes long and my enemy they really killing me i can't wait anymore because i'm running out of time and they're hurting me,please will you do something to help me dear.

Best regards
Dr. Mzee Hussein Hassan Swaleh.

Jul 16, 2018
Hello everyone -

All the best.
We are family of 3 myself Dinesh 59 years old my wife 55 and my son 28 we all hold Canadian visitor visa. We want to come and apply for refugee and base permanently there will you be able to help us in getting jobs and a place to stay. We do not have any relatives in Canada. My son is educated and working in India Please help us please.

Please tell your number to contact you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
We are family of 3 myself Dinesh 59 years old my wife 55 and my son 28 we all hold Canadian visitor visa. We want to come and apply for refugee and base permanently there will you be able to help us in getting jobs and a place to stay. We do not have any relatives in Canada. My son is educated and working in India Please help us please.

Due to the large number of asylum seekers most have to arrange accommodations on their own. If you don't have anywhere to stay upon arrival you will be offered a space in a shelter like any other homeless Canadian. They are usually not nice places to live. There are a few centres that can help you with your CV or tell you what tools you should use to search online websites. You will receive pamphlets telling you about various services. Most things you will have to navigate on your own.

Just want to confirm that you and your husband fear persecution. Your son has to apply separately because he is an adult and will be considered separately. Does he fear for his life? Have you tried moving to another area of your country? Do you have police and hospital records showing the persecution? The asylum process will likely take over 1.5 years and the burden of proof is very high. If your son is very educated he should consider an economic immigration program. Once you file for asylum there is no going back and if you lose your case you will have lots of problems travelling in the future.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014

What is the basis of your claim for asylum?
Where do you live in India?