+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Free Immigration Advice

R

Real Canadian

Hi Guys and Gals,

I was impressed by quite a few writers here. It seems there's a lot of confusion out there about any Canadian Immigration matters. I can offer completely free advice on ANY Canadian Immigration Matter. I live in Toronto and have a thorough knowledge and education in Canadian Immigration.

Good luck in your endeavors...

Real Canadian

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
THANKS MAN. WHY DONT YOU START BY PICKING A RELEVANT TOPIC AND ADDRESSING IT IN DETAIL FOR THE BENEFIT OF ALL.

aselom

Mar 17, 2010
great. My question is, I've received my certificate of selection and was getting ready to do complete my medical and then, I got a letter from Detroit consulate inviting me to attend an interview. I'm a PR in US but my wife live in Africa. What do you think is the problem. I thought once I got my quebec certificate, there is no more interview but the medical examination.

R

Real Canadian

All the Provincial Nomination files may be re-examined by the Visa Officer. This is not a problem but a common thing. You have nothing to worry, since the PN Certificate has already been issued. The Visa officer will only touch base and try to determine the circumstances how you procured your certificate.

Good Luck

R

Real Canadian

@ tinuadeadebola

I'd love to do that, but there are so many pressing issues in Immigration that its going to be an un-ending journey. If you may suggest any burning issues, I'd love to put in my two cents.

Cheers

anne55

Feb 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->> New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2010
Doc's Request.
12-03-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
26-10-2011
Med's Done....
26-04-2011>>advance
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2012
LANDED..........
23-02-2012 :)
Hi Real Canadian!

Nice to hear that you are willing to help us out in this process.
I am in the process of completing my full documents to Buffalo but knowing that this office is way too slow, I am in doubt of changing it to Manila. I phoned cic in Canada and they told me I can send a letter of request to Buffalo to transfer my file and give them a valid reason why I need to do it. Can you suggest for a good reason coz definitely I can't just say that I want to transfer coz processing in Manila is faster right? Have you heard about same case that became successful?
Thanks for the insight! :)

Anne55

somey11

Nov 23, 2009
Lahore
NOC Code......
Hi Real canadain,

I have two queries one is relatives and other is education related.
1)

one of my step aunt there in canada can i get her 5 points ? below is example of my relation

Father A + Mother A = My MOM
Father A + Mother B = My Aunt

which documents should i send to proof of relationship?

2)

After Bacholr degree i have done 1 year diploma in information Technilogy from Punjab Board of Technical education. and then i did master from Punjab University. so my education is 17 years can i get marks of this diploma as well?

BR//Usman

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

anne55 said:
Hi Real Canadian!

Nice to hear that you are willing to help us out in this process.
I am in the process of completing my full documents to Buffalo but knowing that this office is way too slow, I am in doubt of changing it to Manila. I phoned cic in Canada and they told me I can send a letter of request to Buffalo to transfer my file and give them a valid reason why I need to do it. Can you suggest for a good reason coz definitely I can't just say that I want to transfer coz processing in Manila is faster right? Have you heard about same case that became successful?
Thanks for the insight! :)

Anne55
They aren't going to transfer your application. From Operational Bulletin 180 http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2010/ob180.asp

Visa offices are not required to transfer files for any other reasons. Such reasons include cases of applicants who comply with subsection R11(1) for the specified visa office, at the time the application is received at the CIO, but subsequently leave the territory of the specified visa office. In these cases, the original visa office should proceed with a final determination of eligibility and process the application if eligible. The visa office should not transfer the file to another visa office unless the transfer is warranted for program integrity reasons. Leaving a visa office’s territory alone does not warrant a file transfer. In this case, if an applicant requests a file transfer, the visa office should inform them that the application will not be transferred and that they are required to submit a complete application to the visa office originally specified within the 120 day deadline allotted by the CIO.

PMM

laxmikanthms

Dec 31, 2009
Toronto,Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-07-2009
Doc's Request.
Feb-02-2010
AOR Received.
June-14-2010
IELTS Request
Already Done
File Transfer...
Feb-10-2010
Med's Request
Nov-01-2010
Med's Done....
Dec-02-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan-13-2011
LANDED..........
May-07-2010 (Before PR Approval on Workpermit)
Real Canadian said:
Hi Guys and Gals,

I was impressed by quite a few writers here. It seems there's a lot of confusion out there about any Canadian Immigration matters. I can offer completely free advice on ANY Canadian Immigration Matter. I live in Toronto and have a thorough knowledge and education in Canadian Immigration.

Good luck in your endeavors...

Real Canadian

Hello Real Canadian ,

I have received the file number from from Nova Scotia and my deadline to submit all my documents to CHC , new delhi is 02-Jun-2010.

My FBI certificate is taking long time so can I submit all documents except FBI Certificate now and submit the FBI Certficate once I receive it. PLease suggest.

Regards,
Laxmikanth

ravs

Star Member
Sep 28, 2009
Hi Real Canadian

I have a small querry and I wud be glad if u cud help me out with it

I am from India and currently in Toronto ..my current status is - i m on open work permit and permit expires 18 Sept 2010

I have applied for my PR and my processing office is New delhi,India.I have already submitted docs to them n wud be into processing ne time soon.

I m married and my wife is in Mumbai,India.I have done an application including her as well.

What i wanna know is if i get a further call for medicals and passport request - do i have to go back to India n do my medicals and submit passport and wait for it to be stamped.

Or

I can do medicals here and my wife does medical in India and i send passport to India for stamping.

I know i still to have renter Canada to validate my PR...

Can you please answer me ...I wud be obliged

Thx n continue the gd wrk

Ice Cube

Dec 20, 2009
Hello..

I had the same issue with FBI record. When I asked the same question from the (country specific )visa office, I was told to send all documents what I had ready and submit FBI clearence later.

I guess you do not have to submit state clearence record.

Ice cube

Manpreet Singh

Star Member
Feb 3, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI, INDIA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Real Canadian

if someone got AEO (from HRSDC) then what is the chance of approved visa???

RPN

Star Member
Feb 13, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
June 2010
Hi Real Canadian,

I am supposed to carry CAD $ 20K according to the number of my family as Proof of fund.

But from Bangladesh, according to Bangladesh Govt. rule I can carry only $7500 (four person, me, my wife, two kids )all together. Transfer money through bank is not possible. If i take more than that amount i will be in trouble in money laundering.
Will Immigration officer in the POE realize my situation when he/she will ask me how much money i brought from bangladesh?

If I do the following will it serve the purpose at POE:
US$ 7500.00 cash in hand
Tk. 900000.00 (equivalent to CAD 12860.00) as bank statement (a letter from the bank stating the amount 2 days before my departure). This money I can carry for my next trip.
I will be having a global Master Card with me.

Your valuable advise will be highly apprciated.

Regardss,

maran1976

Feb 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 April 2010
AOR Received.
26 Nov 2010 (2nd Aor Date)
Med's Request
28-02-2013
Med's Done....
6th March 2013
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
Recvd by CHC Mar 13th
Hi, My spouse and new born baby dont have a passport yet. Can I still make the initial application CIO , NS just with mine and mark as 'Applied For' for my husband and daughter?

Can users kindly quote from their experience?

Thanks

laklak

Nov 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
0111/1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
26 Mar 2010
AOR Received.
15 Apr 2010
IELTS Request
sent with docs on 08th April 2010
File Transfer...
30 Mar 2010
Med's Request
29th Mar 2011
Med's Done....
08th Apr 2011
Passport Req..
29th Mar 2011
Hi ...I stayed in canad for 8 months in 2001...Do i have to get a police certificate from RCMP.tHIS IS REALLY BOTHERING ME...CHEERS...LAKLAK