+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Freaking out about NOC code 1221

mimesis

Jul 4, 2012
I submitted my application in June and got my AOR but recently I've been so scared of getting rejected.

I have two jobs. I work as a university instructor part time and I have about 1800 hours accumulated with that. My other part time job is as a Project Manager for a translation company. I included that in my application as well, which amounted to about 460 hours.

The NOC code for my project managing job that I wrote in my application was 1221 - Administrative officer. The possible duties are listed by HRSDC as follows:

- Oversee and co-ordinate office administrative procedures and review, evaluate and implement new procedures
- Establish work priorities, delegate work to office support staff, and ensure deadlines are met and procedures are followed
- Carry out administrative activities associated with admissions to post-secondary educational institutions
- Administer policies and procedures related to the release of records in processing requests under government access to information and privacy legislation
- Co-ordinate and plan for office services, such as accommodation, relocations, equipment, supplies, forms, disposal of assets, parking, maintenance and security services
- Conduct analyses and oversee administrative operations related to budgeting, contracting and project planning and management processes
- Assist in preparation of operating budget and maintain inventory and budgetary controls
- May supervise records management technicians and related staff.

My job letter stated my duties as follows:

- Prepare files for translation
- Assign resources responsible for various translation tasks
- Ensure projects are delivered on time
- Send out Purchase Orders
- Update translation memories
- Assist with other tasks as needed

I've read on this forum that a number of people's applications were rejected because they wrote 1221 for their NOC code and the officer believed that was incorrect. I'm wondering if anyone has an opinion on my case. Do you think it's likely that my application would get rejected?

march19

Sep 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2013
sorry i dont mean to scare you or anything but my application was rejected because of that too. :( i wrote NOC 1221 and officer said that the job duties don't match with the duties mentioned under NOC1221 code, even though 60% of my duties were matching with NOC1221. Best of luck though!

march19

Sep 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2013
Responsible for maintaining day to day financial, accounting, administrative and personnel services in order to meet legislative requirements and support for Company's operations. Keeping track on accounts receivable and accounts payable in a timely manner. Supervising staff and making sure that deadines are met. Arranging meetings and seminars for staff and management. Responsible for providing support in budgeting, maintaining office inventory, making reports as needed and ensuring the security of clients’ files. In charge for making new procedures and policies in order to provide better administration support.

mimesis

Jul 4, 2012
Wow, you got refused with that description? That is unbelievable! I guess there's no hope for me, then...

So what are you doing now, have you re-applied?

Kaur13

Star Member
Sep 28, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mimesis said:
And just one more question: did you get your rejection before getting the medicals request?
Usually rejection come before medical. I heard that "decision made" status before medical exam meant rejection.

Best of luck for your application!

march19

Sep 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2013
i know right!! i thought that too! i mean with that description...that officer must be having a bad day and he/she took it out on my file ::)
anyways i'm gonna re-apply in feb 2013,coz i'm working at a different company now! lets see what happens.. and you don't lose hope everything will be fine. worrying about it isn't gonna help you anyways, so stay positive :)

march19

Sep 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2013
and yes i got it before medicals and my online status said "decision made".