+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fraud marriage

KohliNeha

Dec 10, 2019
Hello!
I am currently very distressed and in very panic situation. So me and my husband came from India on PR in March 2019. I was the primary applicant. So we were married in 2016 and ever since we were trying to get PR . In fact before marriage also they knew that I was planning to do so in future. So both of us landed here. Ever since he was not the same person, he stopped caring and helping. So one day he just got furious for nothing and left the house, blocked me from everywhere,and changed his phone number. He changed his job as well and I don't know now where to look for him. His parents are back in India and they have also blocked me. I tried to file a complaint but the police said that there is not much they can do as they cannot force anyone to be with me.
So when he got all his cards, like PR card, health card, G licence, he left. Moreover the money we got, he bough a car and took it away.
It seems like he married me for the PR status only but now I don't have anyone here except him.
I don't want him to leave me and I also do not want divorce because I love him.
But I do not know what he wants and if he solely did this on purpose I want that he should get deported.Its been 21 days he has left the house and also I am not able to afford the rent alone so I do not know if he would ever come back or should I just move out?

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
You were the Sponsor or the primary applicant? Two very different things. Unfortunately the police cannot do anything.

As for deporting him, I suppose you could report him for PR fraud, but that may get a result, it may not. This is why the PR rules are so strict now, as there are many people that try this all the time. Unfortunately that doesn't help you much.

My advice would be divorce him and move on with your life.

KohliNeha

Dec 10, 2019
You were the Sponsor or the primary applicant? Two very different things. Unfortunately the police cannot do anything.

As for deporting him, I suppose you could report him for PR fraud, but that may get a result, it may not. This is why the PR rules are so strict now, as there are many people that try this all the time. Unfortunately that doesn't help you much.

My advice would be divorce him and move on with your life.
I was the Primary applicant and I think he is doing it purposely so that I file the divorce and he gets out of it easily.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Well if he was the sponsor, he still needs to look after you for the allotted time.
They applied through express entry together so there is no financial responsibility. Yes it does look like his goal was to move to Canada but given that you have been married for 3 years that would be incredibly difficult to prove. Were you on the car ownership? That would help you with the car. Would assume this is leading to a divorce and don’t waste your time on him and his family. By blocking you and disappearing he has shown his intentions very clearly.

KohliNeha

Dec 10, 2019
But then how are we supposed to deal with such type of persons? Should they get away that easily? Also I met a lawyer and he is asking for three hundred dollars and is saying that he would be able to find him through private investigator? Should i go for it ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello!
I am currently very distressed and in very panic situation. So me and my husband came from India on PR in March 2019. I was the primary applicant. So we were married in 2016 and ever since we were trying to get PR . In fact before marriage also they knew that I was planning to do so in future. So both of us landed here. Ever since he was not the same person, he stopped caring and helping. So one day he just got furious for nothing and left the house, blocked me from everywhere,and changed his phone number. He changed his job as well and I don't know now where to look for him. His parents are back in India and they have also blocked me. I tried to file a complaint but the police said that there is not much they can do as they cannot force anyone to be with me.
So when he got all his cards, like PR card, health card, G licence, he left. Moreover the money we got, he bough a car and took it away.
It seems like he married me for the PR status only but now I don't have anyone here except him.
But I do not know what he wants and if he solely did this on purpose I want that he should get deported.Its been 21 days he has left the house and also I am not able to afford the rent alone so I do not know if he would ever come back or should I just move out?
There's nothing you can do from an immigration perspective. You've been married since 2016 - your marriage isn't recent. IRCC won't see anything about this as marriage fraud - but rather as a failed relationship. You cannot have him deported - you don't have that right. He has the right to keep his PR status.

You cannot force him to be with you or live with you. He can file to divorce you after a year of living in Canada.

If you feel he owes you money, then you would have to hire a family lawyer to see if it's possible to get any of this money back.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
But then how are we supposed to deal with such type of persons? Should they get away that easily? Also I met a lawyer and he is asking for three hundred dollars and is saying that he would be able to find him through private investigator? Should i go for it ?
What is the purpose of finding him? You cannot have him deported. You also cannot force him to live with you. He is free to live wherever he wants to.

The only way you can pursue him is financially if you feel he owes you money - that's really it. You would need to hire a lawyer for this.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hello!
Move on , and just be thankful it was only a car

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hello!
Sorry that this happened to you. As others have already mentioned legally you can't have him deported. And the only way you can get money out of him is to hire a lawyer and sue him.

I know it is easy for all of us to say buy incredibly difficult in your situation but you would have to move on and build your life without him. The first step is to find a job and a cheaper place to rent. I hope you have some friends who would be willing to support you in these times.

KohliNeha

Dec 10, 2019
Sorry that this happened to you. As others have already mentioned legally you can't have him deported. And the only way you can get money out of him is to hire a lawyer and sue him.

I know it is easy for all of us to say buy incredibly difficult in your situation but you would have to move on and build your life without him. The first step is to find a job and a cheaper place to rent. I hope you have some friends who would be willing to support you in these times.
the thing is i do not want anything, I just want him back because we had so good time together and it's really hard to believe that he has left, I still have a hope that he will come back.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
the thing is i do not want anything, I just want him back because we had so good time together and it's really hard to believe that he has left, I still have a hope that he will come back.
Okay. Wish you luck and I hope he feels the same way.