+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Francophone Mobility -> Requesting open work permit

Oct 26, 2023
Computer programmer is not eligible. The program is for artists, authors, coaches etc.
Yeah I know but I am an artist as well (I do many things) ! And anyway, even if the application is rejected in like 3 years, that will buy me time to increase my CRS score in the meantime. Well at least that what I thought.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yeah I know but I am an artist as well (I do many things) ! And anyway, even if the application is rejected in like 3 years, that will buy me time to increase my CRS score in the meantime. Well at least that what I thought.
Ok. As long as you can prove that you have been self employed & self sustaining as an artist for several years with no other employment then read through the requirements to apply. You want to show your art has been showcased in art galleries & in art shows. Want to have international recognition too. Need to show how your art can bring cultural benefit to Canada. You don’t get a work permit with the program.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Note that for the self-employment immigration program to be possible, you would need to show you are doing this art on a world class level - as said in the response given to you above, have edhibited in galleriers worldwide, are known worldwide, have sold to people worldwide. You will also need to show that you have had periods of time where you derived your primary income from being an artists (e.g. had a few years where you worked full time and earned a full time income being an artist alone). That's essentially the bar you need to meet for self-employed. But again, I'm really not a fan of this program since it takes over four years for your application to be processed and that long to know if you are going to be approved or not. And if you only have a couple of months left on your work permit, you won't get the application submitted and AOR in time to qualify for an open work permit. I also believe this immigration stream does not qualify for an open work permit. So my two cents is that self-employment is not the way to go.

Again, for EE, you need to increase your score quite a bit to have any chance of being selected.

Reactions: Naturgrl