+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FRANCE VISA

MissANS

Jun 6, 2019
Has anyone applied for France visa ? did you do a reservation for a return ticket or the travel itinerary? please your help will appreciated.

skyisthelimitbd

Star Member
Dec 7, 2020
Has anyone applied for France visa ? did you do a reservation for a return ticket or the travel itinerary? please your help will appreciated.
hotel reservation , travel insurance, bank statement, Flight PNR or Travel details these are required documents. i took fr. visa three months a go

Reactions: 100Delphine

pamela21

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
I’ve heard some travel to Germany with RTD first, then they pass to border to other Schengen countries? What are consequences if they are caught ?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I’ve heard some travel to Germany with RTD first, then they pass to border to other Schengen countries? What are consequences if they are caught ?
They will send you back and most likely impose ban... It goes further if there are lots of cases from Canadian RTD Holders violating schengen border entry requirement, German may rescind decision and re-impose visa.

Reactions: pamela21

pamela21

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
If a get a transit flight to Germany and doesn't leave the airport, do i still have to apply visa in Schengen area ?

pamela21

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
No there are some flights from Toronto-Iceland-Germany or Toronto-Amsterdam-Germany. So in that case do i have to still get a visa from any of those countries ?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
No there are some flights from Toronto-Iceland-Germany or Toronto-Amsterdam-Germany. So in that case do i have to still get a visa from any of those countries ?
Correct, transiting through Schengen state to final destination “shengen” require visa. You will go through border control when transit eroute to other shengen state

Reactions: 116sg17

pamela21

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
I've sent email to Germany consulate to confirm if germany is visa free. As their email below, yes it is visa free for RTD:

"Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for contacting the visa section of the German Consulate General in Toronto.

With regards to your questions, please refer to the information on our website:

www.canada.diplo.de/shortstay

In general, the Canadian gray travel document (certificate of identity), unfortunately, is not recognized by German authorities as a valid travel document, and hence cannot be used for trips to Germany, not even for transits.

A visa can also not be issued into this document.

However, holders of a blue Canadian Travel Document (Convention of July 28th, 1951) do not need a visa for transit and/or short term stay (e.g. for tourism or business purposes for up to 90 days) in Germany.

It is recommended to book a direct flight to Germany without transiting through other Schengen countries. If you are transiting through Austria for instance, you will need a visa.

For information on entry requirements, transit etc., please refer to the information on our website:

https://canada.diplo.de/ca-en/consular-services/16-coronavirus--covid-19-corona

Sincerely,

Visa section

German Consulate General

Deutsches General konsulat

2 Bloor St. East, 25th floor

Toronto, ON M4W 1A8

Reactions: Jahlove2000

MissANS

Jun 6, 2019
hotel reservation , travel insurance, bank statement, Flight PNR or Travel details these are required documents. i took fr. visa three months a go
Hello, when you submitted for the France visa, how many weeks was the processing before you got your passport back? Thanks