+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

fourth rejection of visitors visa for parents

Ijaz7484

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
we applied for canada Visitors visa for parents and was rejected 4 times. my sister and her family are canadian citizens holding canadian passports/

first time when we applied in 2013 and was rejected because of some missing documents.

second time we applied in 2017 June and was rejected because of "other reasons" thats is "your proposed travel is not reasonable in light of one or more employment history, level of establishment, travel history, and or your travel plans.
as per me some of the mistakes we had done are, no business license was kept, no proper itenery we kept, no travel dates we mentioned, no strong covering letter, invitation letter was short and no mention of dates. the documents was done and was applied by travel agent.

we again reapplied in august 2017 and again the rejection was "other reasons"" That is - : given economic conditon, employemnt prospects, considering your travel history, economic establishment, and family ties, i am not satisfied that you would respect the terms of your admission as temporary resident in canada. and as per me there were mistakes done by our agents were, no strong letter,no strong invitation, no travel dates, no itenery, no proper documents,

so now again we applied in 2018 JUNE. and we got the rejection, mentioning "purpose of visit and I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out your stated purpose in going to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure".

this time we have consider all the aspects and we applied online directly, we have kept strong invitaion letter, assesement sheet, trade license, bank statement, CA letter showing all the movable and immovable assets, air tickets, travel insurance, house prpoerty, family ties back in india (that my elder sisters kids staying with parents in india for education purpose and kept the education certificates,) also shown that my parents are coming back to doha qatar after 15days of canada trip to meet my me who is resident of canada.
the funds shown this time is as below for both husband and wife,
dad bank balance : 5,50,000 INR (i have just office i dont have any other assets)
mom bank bank balance 2,65,000INR + 12,00,000 in gold + 52,50,000 house valuation owened.

total movable assets : 20,00,000INR
total immvable assets: 52,50,000INR
total: 72,50,000INR approx

we need your suggetion and valuable advice how can we improve our case, should we apply for visitors visa again with more funds or should we apply for super visa. all four times we applied for vsitor visa we dont inted to stay for 15days or maximum one month. also my sister and my brother in law total income is appox 69k so for applying super visa do they consider thier total income for LICO or net income? because thier net income 61k which doesnot meet the requirement of LICO which is 66k as per canada visa rules. if they consider 66k as total income then they qualify as thier total income ins more thank 69k.

and what is the minimum fund we need to show in ones bank account ? my parents applied only for 16days.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
With four refusals, your parents should not reapply until they can put together a much stronger application.

Have you applied for their GCMS notes to see the detailed reasons behind the refusals? If not - that should be your first step.

Ijaz7484

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
we are planning to apply for the GCMC notes. then now we are thinking of hiring immigration consultant to check on this case.
this time it only says insufficient funds . do you think if we show more funds will be any help ?

how much do we need to show the funds?
does only my dad has to show funds or even mom needs to show funds as well.

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
we are planning to apply for the GCMC notes. then now we are thinking of hiring immigration consultant to check on this case.
this time it only says insufficient funds . do you think if we show more funds will be any help ?

how much do we need to show the funds?
does only my dad has to show funds or even mom needs to show funds as well.
Definitely insufficient fund you showed.
Your parents bank balance is too low for 2 person expenses. you said "dad bank balance : 5,50,000 INR mom bank bank balance 2,65,000INR"

If you convert to CAD it comes nearly $15,000. Which is not enough money to support 2 person for 2 weeks for sure. Next time bank balance should be more if you apply for them. Super visa is the best choice.

As scylla advised you to "not reapply until they can put together a much stronger application also apply for their GCMS notes" you should follow it.

vikiviky

Star Member
May 20, 2018
Your parents bank balance is too low for 2 person expenses. you said "dad bank balance : 5,50,000 INR mom bank bank balance 2,65,000INR"

If you convert to CAD it comes nearly $15,000. Which is not enough money to support 2 person for 2 weeks for sure. Next time bank balance should be more if you apply for them. Super visa is the best choice.

As scylla advised you to "not reapply until they can put together a much stronger application also apply for their GCMS notes" you should follow it.
I am not sure where you coming from, but forget about $15000, even 2000 is enough for 2 person /14 days for normal class people.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
I am not sure where you coming from, but forget about $15000, even 2000 is enough for 2 person /14 days for normal class people.
IRCC likes to see $1,000/person/wk for funds plus airfare for a TRV. $2K may be enough for the average person, but IRCC has their own guidelines.

Ijaz7484

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY.

THIS 15000CAD IS ONLY THIER EXPENSE IN CANADA AND WE APPLIED ONLY FOR 16DAYS. PLUS WE HAVE SHOWN AIRTICKETS AND TRAVEL INSURANCE SEPARATE.

FURTHER IN THE INVITATION FROM MY SISTER SHE HAS MENTIONED THAT THE EXPENSES RELATED TO CANADA SHE WILL TAKE CARE.

WHAT DO YOU THINK THAT WE SHOULD BE SHOWING MINIMUM AMOUNT ??

SOMEWHERE I READ THAT MY DAD SHOULD SHOW CAD13000+4000CAD FOR EACH DEPENDENT. SO THAT IS 17000CAD IS THAT ENOUGH??

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna need your advice.
First, please turn off CapsLock when you reply. Thanks.

Second, do order GCMS notes for the last refusal like @scylla has advised. Three refusals in a span of one year indicate a sense of desperation to visit or else the inability to address/overcome the previous refusal reasons.

Third, this is my understanding about why they have been refused (based on your posts):
1. Your dad has not demonstrated any active ties to return to. For example, a business license does not prove that the business is actively trading + does not indicate a compelling reason to return home.

2. A 'Net Worth' certificate from a CA does not help. It is necessary to also submit copies of each asset ownership for that valuation.

3. Your parents did not provide adequate documents to prove that your sister's children are dependent on them. How old are the kids?

etc etc.

It would be easier to advise if you provide more details:
1. What was the purpose of their visit?

2. Do list the documents submitted for their last applications

I recommend they do not apply for super visas so quickly after three TRV refusals. As they have been refused for short TRV stays, chances are they could be refused again if they indicate their intentions to stay for much longer on super visas

Reactions: scylla

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY.

THIS 15000CAD IS ONLY THIER EXPENSE IN CANADA AND WE APPLIED ONLY FOR 16DAYS. PLUS WE HAVE SHOWN AIRTICKETS AND TRAVEL INSURANCE SEPARATE.

FURTHER IN THE INVITATION FROM MY SISTER SHE HAS MENTIONED THAT THE EXPENSES RELATED TO CANADA SHE WILL TAKE CARE.

WHAT DO YOU THINK THAT WE SHOULD BE SHOWING MINIMUM AMOUNT ??

SOMEWHERE I READ THAT MY DAD SHOULD SHOW CAD13000+4000CAD FOR EACH DEPENDENT. SO THAT IS 17000CAD IS THAT ENOUGH??

I think Bryanna helping you on your qureies therefore I am not saying anything. Hope your parents will get visa on next application.

Ijaz7484

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
First, please turn off CapsLock when you reply. Thanks.

Second, do order GCMS notes for the last refusal like @scylla has advised. Three refusals in a span of one year indicate a sense of desperation to visit or else the inability to address/overcome the previous refusal reasons.

Third, this is my understanding about why they have been refused (based on your posts):
1. Your dad has not demonstrated any active ties to return to. For example, a business license does not prove that the business is actively trading + does not indicate a compelling reason to return home.

2. A 'Net Worth' certificate from a CA does not help. It is necessary to also submit copies of each asset ownership for that valuation.

3. Your parents did not provide adequate documents to prove that your sister's children are dependent on them. How old are the kids?

etc etc.

It would be easier to advise if you provide more details:
1. What was the purpose of their visit?

2. Do list the documents submitted for their last applications

I recommend they do not apply for super visas so quickly after three TRV refusals. As they have been refused for short TRV stays, chances are they could be refused again if they indicate their intentions to stay for much longer on super visas
thanks Bryanna,

as per me this time we have kept all possible papers and as per me we have kept good ties,

below are teh details and documents we have mentioned,
1. regarding business: trade license, 2 partnership deed in which he is a partner, bank statment, CA letter, income tax returns for last 3years, rent agreement.
2. ppurpose of visit: family and tourism we mentioned, had kept ticket, travel insurance, invitation from my sis, NOA, canadian passports of my sister and family,
3. travel history, all the passport pages and visa copies of previous travles.
4.proof of funds: bank statment both dad and mom put together 835,000/- home owner ship paper and translation, income tax returns, CA letter showing all the movable and immovable assets, rent agreement
5.marriage certificate
6. additional docs covering letters, sister's kids study certificates,
7. covering letter clear mentioning and ansering previous rejections to all points, duration of stay 16days only, dates we have mentioned, we also mentioned that parents will return to qatar to stay with thier son and return tickets shows to Qatar, letter also states taht the parents wants to spend time with thier daughther and grand children also also like to see canada mentioned few places of interest. the parents have been traveling extensively all the years mainly Middle east countries and also mentioned that never ever they have overstayed and all thier trips was not more than 30days.

the reason for the refusal says mainly "purpose of visit and I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out your stated purpose in going to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure".

they mentioned mainly on the funds, but there are some of our freinds who have granted the visa even though they had only 500,000INR.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
thanks Bryanna,

as per me this time we have kept all possible papers and as per me we have kept good ties,

below are teh details and documents we have mentioned,
1. regarding business: trade license, 2 partnership deed in which he is a partner, bank statment, CA letter, income tax returns for last 3years, rent agreement.
2. ppurpose of visit: family and tourism we mentioned, had kept ticket, travel insurance, invitation from my sis, NOA, canadian passports of my sister and family,
3. travel history, all the passport pages and visa copies of previous travles.
4.proof of funds: bank statment both dad and mom put together 835,000/- home owner ship paper and translation, income tax returns, CA letter showing all the movable and immovable assets, rent agreement
5.marriage certificate
6. additional docs covering letters, sister's kids study certificates,
7. covering letter clear mentioning and ansering previous rejections to all points, duration of stay 16days only, dates we have mentioned, we also mentioned that parents will return to qatar to stay with thier son and return tickets shows to Qatar, letter also states taht the parents wants to spend time with thier daughther and grand children also also like to see canada mentioned few places of interest. the parents have been traveling extensively all the years mainly Middle east countries and also mentioned that never ever they have overstayed and all thier trips was not more than 30days.

the reason for the refusal says mainly "purpose of visit and I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out your stated purpose in going to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure".

they mentioned mainly on the funds, but there are some of our freinds who have granted the visa even though they had only 500,000INR.
IMO, they've missed submitting a number of documents.

1. Do your parents live with other dependent family members apart from your sister's children?

2. Which countries have they visited in the ME and other regions in the last 10 years apart from Qatar? Purpose of these visits?

3. Did they borrow any money from someone shortly before applying? Or maybe transferred money between their accounts?

4. Does your dad own the business? Any employees?

Reactions: scylla

Ijaz7484

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
IMO, they've missed submitting a number of documents.

1. Do your parents live with other dependent family members apart from your sister's children? my parents live inthier own house along with my sisters kids as my sister is resident of UAE

2. Which countries have they visited in the ME and other regions in the last 10 years apart from Qatar? Purpose of these visits? Qatar, UAE, SAudi Arabia. saudi arabia they are visiting every year.

3. Did they borrow any money from someone shortly before applying? Or maybe transferred money between their accounts? yes did have some money transfered to thier accounts but not all of a sudden. the transfer of funds was in span of 4-5 months

4. Does your dad own the business? Any employees?
yes dad still owns business with one employee