6-12-2012
Intocanada said:
Are these 4th draw predictions?
some friendly banter and venting i guess...lol

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
mead said:
some friendly banter and venting i guess...lol
Yes nice topic to discuss. I generally see this in yahoo forums with topic heading "which country is the best place to live" :)

Lot of people drop in as this is a very general topic.

praneet87

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mead said:
agreed only thing is ur immigrating to canada cause it was easy to do so. now if it becomes difficult then all countries are the same to immigrate so then why will u go to canada why wont u choose US or UK or anyother country better than india for example. one of the most attractive point about canada was its easy immigration policy. if they take that away there is nothing left.
I made that point in the first week of December. It's beating a dead horse. PGWP works aren't going to get shafted. Canadian economists and immigration experts are experts for a reason. They might be doing a lousy job most of the time but they aren't complete idiots. The way EE is designed is such that the score thresh hold will always be low enough for almost all PGWP workers and most of the FSW workers.

They aren't going to overhaul a system and keep their source of economic growth out.

theguneet

Jan 2, 2015
AAL1984 said:
I'm not trying to reduce any competition, I'm Canadian who has lived in the US and the UK - both far more advanced than Canada. I invite you guys, please check out the settlement section.

Please don't trust UN rankings, it means nothing- come see Canada for yourself. There is not a single Canadian city which has public transportation as good a Europe nor does Canada have freeways which are at the standard of US interstate, German AutoBahn or UK motorways. Canadian cities are decaying run down and governments do not know how to fix the infrastructure issues. I am sure Africa has better roads than Montreal or Edmonton, and Toronto is in a perpetual state of traffic congestion.

I've seen story after story and met in my personal life highly qualified top immigrants whose skills are wasted in Canada as employers simply don't recognize them and the market is not large enough to handle them.

Our company has been hiring and you are told to apply online, still we get very desperate and depressed immigrants and even White Canadians come in with their resumes on brutal cold winter days begging to talk to someone in HR about the position.

Quebec- has no economy, Ontario has been finished for quite some time as companies are leaving, the Martime provinces are poor, Alberta - finished (capital costs of oil sands project are very very high, oil is not coming back to $100 and plus U.S is buying less as they have so much oil in the Balkans) Sask - finished (and brutally cold , you wouldn't want to live there) Manitoba- LOL. BC -ok but again the cost of living is going to be very high and plus LNG projects are not moving forward.

So there you have it. Check out the country before you move and quit your job, I only see immigrants who have never been to Canada brag about it, when they get here and are living in some basement and standing in -30C waiting for the bus their minds change.

Canada is great if you are a refugee escaping war or a TFW who wants to work at McDonalds. However, for highly qualified professional immigrants it is a nightmare.

I tend to agree with you in a way. I have worked in India and in Canada too. I somehow miss the American Corporate culture. The employers here in Canada have no idea when it comes to hiring. Buddy hookups is one great strategy for them. A social arts major is a manager in a bank while a person with a degree in finance is working in a front desk of a motel.
They are old school and still not developed. But, the guy who is telling about extreme life cconditon in a country whhere 1.25 billion people live is happy to work here and live off decent (decent is relative).
An engineer, doctor don't have that kind of luxary in Canada, as they would get in US.
BTW Mr. Canadian, what's your interest in this forum? got a real job?

m_dewan33

May 2, 2014
NL, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE 03/01/2015
Nomination.....
ITA 27/03/2015
AOR Received.
16/05/2015
IELTS Request
Submitted in EE profile 8.5
Med's Done....
Passed 05/05/2015
Passport Req..
13/10/2015
VISA ISSUED...
23/10/2015
AAL1984 said:
I'm not trying to reduce any competition, I'm Canadian who has lived in the US and the UK - both far more advanced than Canada. I invite you guys, please check out the settlement section.

Please don't trust UN rankings, it means nothing- come see Canada for yourself. There is not a single Canadian city which has public transportation as good a Europe nor does Canada have freeways which are at the standard of US interstate, German AutoBahn or UK motorways. Canadian cities are decaying run down and governments do not know how to fix the infrastructure issues. I am sure Africa has better roads than Montreal or Edmonton, and Toronto is in a perpetual state of traffic congestion.

I've seen story after story and met in my personal life highly qualified top immigrants whose skills are wasted in Canada as employers simply don't recognize them and the market is not large enough to handle them.

Our company has been hiring and you are told to apply online, still we get very desperate and depressed immigrants and even White Canadians come in with their resumes on brutal cold winter days begging to talk to someone in HR about the position.

Quebec- has no economy, Ontario has been finished for quite some time as companies are leaving, the Martime provinces are poor, Alberta - finished (capital costs of oil sands project are very very high, oil is not coming back to $100 and plus U.S is buying less as they have so much oil in the Balkans) Sask - finished (and brutally cold , you wouldn't want to live there) Manitoba- LOL. BC -ok but again the cost of living is going to be very high and plus LNG projects are not moving forward.

So there you have it. Check out the country before you move and quit your job, I only see immigrants who have never been to Canada brag about it, when they get here and are living in some basement and standing in -30C waiting for the bus their minds change.

Canada is great if you are a refugee escaping war or a TFW who wants to work at McDonalds. However, for highly qualified professional immigrants it is a nightmare.
Couldn't agree more. Sure, its glamorous from the outside and I would have wanted it to be wrong. But that is the cold Canadian reality. +1 for your brave post.

abinash1998

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys Plz dont expect that you will get ita in current situation without job offer or pnp bcz first of all you will not able to get enough points without it and secondly there are so many TFWs over here who has around 750-790-800 points but I have no actual idea how cic will select for ita...anyway best of luck all of you guys...

gss89x

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 15 2014
AOR Received.
December 05 2014
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
12-Jan-2016, Ecas updated 22-Jan-2016 ( Upfront)
Passport Req..
14 March 2016
VISA ISSUED...
30 March 2016
LANDED..........
12 April 2016

chaos123456

Star Member
Feb 14, 2015
abinash1998 said:
Hi guys Plz dont expect that you will get ita in current situation without job offer or pnp bcz first of all you will not able to get enough points without it and secondly there are so many TFWs over here who has around 750-790-800 points but I have no actual idea how cic will select for ita...anyway best of luck all of you guys...
how many as in... how many? 100? 200 or 300?