Manoj Mishra

Apr 5, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Friends,

I am really devastated to share that on my 4th attempt as well, I didn't score CLB 9. I have score 8, 8, 6.5, 6.5 in LRWS respectively although I was very confident of doing well this time. I am not sure if I should go for revaluation for W & S as the consultant I've hired says the chances are very slim since I've .5 less in two modules. Your thoughts please.

xhae101191

Apr 23, 2018
Hi all,

I have written IELTS test four times now within the last year in order to score 7 bands in writing. I got 8.5 bands in all the other modules, so I am only struggling with writing. I am stuck at 6.5 bands, and this half band has a 20 points difference for my Express Entry profile. I came out here to just share my experience and was wondering if someone else has any similar experience or any suggestion to how to get out of this situation if I plan to take ielts again.

I really need some advice.
Hi I have the same problem as yours. I am stuck with 6.5 in writing and all my other modules are at 8-8.5 . It is my 4th attempt and still 6.5 on writing. I am starting to lose hope. I took a break from the exam.

Fatima8689

Jun 2, 2018
Me and my spouse took our IELTS in UAE. My spouse got CLB 9 in the first attempt. I only got 6.5 for writing in my first attempt. In my second attempt, I improved my writing to 8 and got CLB 10.
I am from UAE as well and this will be my fourth attempt of giving IELTS . I have managed to get 8 and above in others but writing I am stuck at 6.5. can you please tell me if you took any tutoring in use ?

Fatima8689

Jun 2, 2018
Hi I have the same problem as yours. I am stuck with 6.5 in writing and all my other modules are at 8-8.5 . It is my 4th attempt and still 6.5 on writing. I am starting to lose hope. I took a break from the exam.
I am in the same boat. Stuck at 6.5

xhae101191

Apr 23, 2018
I am in the same boat. Stuck at 6.5
Yes I feel you. It sucks. It's very discouraging and I am disappointed in so many ways. My writing already improved compared to my 1st take which I had the same score (6.5) . I just don't get it. I feel like they are doing this on purpose (failing 1 section) . Anyway, I have to rest first from the whole IELTS. It's so depressing.

MB18

May 21, 2018
I am from UAE as well and this will be my fourth attempt of giving IELTS . I have managed to get 8 and above in others but writing I am stuck at 6.5. can you please tell me if you took any tutoring in use ?
I didnt use any tutor. I used this book: https://books.google.ae/books/about/IELTS_Advantage.html?id=2j4rYAAACAAJ&redir_esc=y
This book is for academic writing. So, I only referred the units which dealt with Writing task 2.

Have you tried evaluating your essay with someone or maybe posting in some forums?

MB18

May 21, 2018
Yes I feel you. It sucks. It's very discouraging and I am disappointed in so many ways. My writing already improved compared to my 1st take which I had the same score (6.5) . I just don't get it. I feel like they are doing this on purpose (failing 1 section) . Anyway, I have to rest first from the whole IELTS. It's so depressing.
Dont lose hope. Take a break and in the meantime, watch english movies, read books, etc.
I dont think they do it on purpose. I knew a few people who were IELTS examiners, they would never give a lower score on purpose.
I hope you would come out of this stronger. God bless.

Reyaansonam26

Star Member
Jun 3, 2018
Hi all,

I have written IELTS test four times now within the last year in order to score 7 bands in writing. I got 8.5 bands in all the other modules, so I am only struggling with writing. I am stuck at 6.5 bands, and this half band has a 20 points difference for my Express Entry profile. I came out here to just share my experience and was wondering if someone else has any similar experience or any suggestion to how to get out of this situation if I plan to take ielts again.

I really need some advice.
Please check IELTS advantage .com ..that person has given very beautiful structure for writing. It will be a game changing strategy, try it.

H0peAndFa1th

Jun 19, 2017
don't lose hope, already took it for 6 times, never got 7 in writing, waiting for results of two last exams,

keep doing it until you get it right.

amelvj

Jul 21, 2018
I have several attempts in IELTS. Below are my scores :

My personal analysis, whenever I score well in Reading / Listening the drop the score by 0.5 in Writing.

L/R/W/S : 8.5/6/6.5/7 - Delhi / IDP
L/R/W/S : 8/6/7/6.5 - Ludhiana / BC
L/R/W/S : 7.5/7.5/7/7 - Delhi / IDP
L/R/W/S : 8.5/7/6.5/8 - Delhi / IDP / Revaluation : No Success
L/R/W/S : 8/7/6.5/7 - Delhi / IDP / Revaluation : No Success
L/R/W/S : 7.5/6.5/7/7.5 - Delhi / BC
L/R/W/S : 8.5/8/6.5/7.5 - Jalandhar / BC / Revaluation : Awaiting on the results

I feel they intentionally drop the score by 0.5. Not sure if the system is compromised to block the candidates to apply for Immigration.

any change on revaluation?

don't lose hope, already took it for 6 times, never got 7 in writing, waiting for results of two last exams,

keep doing it until you get it right.

any change?