+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Found mistake in EE profile after receiving ITA

Kysunny

Nov 25, 2018
Hi guys,

I made a unintended type mistake in my EE profile
I got my ITA in 14th Nov draw. While proceeding with the ITA, I noticed that my work experience is wrongly entered in Express Entry profile.
I already have my PPC and Medicals last week

Example :

Work exp 1 - Nov-2017 to Feb-2018

Work exp 2 - Mar-2018 to present

But it is wrongly mentioned as below

Work exp 1 - Nov-2017 to Feb 2018

Work exp 2 - Oct-2017 to Present

I have mentioned work exp 1 YEAR they both are under same NOC

In this scenario, whether should I decline my ITA and update the information correctly and re-enter the pool (CRS SCORE 459) or shall I proceed with ITA submission and add a LOE explaining the mistake ?

Kindly help.

Regards,
Sunny

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
There's no need to decline the ITA. Just write an loe explaining that you made a mistake. As long as the information on your work experience papers matches what you're claiming and it's all legit...then you'll be fine.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Hmmm...

Kind of a tricky situation here.

You obviously received ITA based on the premise that you have 1 year of continuous work experience, which is clearly considered as such with the erroneous work XP entry of Oct.17 --> Present. (13 months).
If you change it to March.18-->Present, I don't know if the system will consider your work experience as continuous. Because the first work experience ends in February, and the second one starts in March. It may be considered as a break in continuity,

If you had entered the correct dates in the first place, I have a doubt you would've received ITA, as I don't think you would have satisfied the mandatory continuity requirement.

UNLESS your work reference letter show something like an end date of February 28th, and a start date for the next job on March 1st...
A break of just a few days is fine, but a whole month, I don't think that will fly through. But still, do correct it, submit your application, and agent will most probably forward your application for additional review to make sure it's fine.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
If i decline my current ITA, should i mention about applied Express entry in the new profile ?
There is no need to decline ITA. Just make the correction, and provide LOE.
But to answer your question, no, you still haven't applied for Canada PR. So will answer "No" to that question.