+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Found cheapest phone plan with Canada Roaming. If anyone tried this already, please reply

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Are you planning on moving to Canada. At a certain point when AT&T realizes you are living in Canada your phone gets turned off.

ustocanada49

Star Member
Jan 6, 2017
Are you planning on moving to Canada. At a certain point when AT&T realizes you are living in Canada your phone gets turned off.
Not always. If you live close to the border, most of the time you will be on at&t tower. Infact my Canadian sim said i was on roaming. I was surprised. I checked the network and it said it is connected to at&t's tower.

And no, i do not intend to stay in Canada full time. I have plans to commute to the US. So, this plan is best either for people who live close to the border or who spend some time in the US also every now and then

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Is Toronto close enough for not being on “roaming”?
No. Just get the Canadian roaming package for 5$ and just use it for maps, not for any videos, you should be fine with 2GB data inside Canada.

Not always. If you live close to the border, most of the time you will be on at&t tower. Infact my Canadian sim said i was on roaming. I was surprised. I checked the network and it said it is connected to at&t's tower.

And no, i do not intend to stay in Canada full time. I have plans to commute to the US. So, this plan is best either for people who live close to the border or who spend some time in the US also every now and then
But its reverse using tmobile sim. Within few meters of crossing the border line at the center of bridge/tunnel, it will disconnect and change over to bell.

ustocanada49

Star Member
Jan 6, 2017
Can all Canadian phones like jobs interviews, friends, etc call US phone numbers?
Yes, but I would sign up for a voip service and also maintain a Canadian phone number. Some Canadians, in my experience, do not sign up for US calls on their expensive Canadian mobile plans and they wont be able to call your US number

Reactions: amanb014

amanb014

Star Member
Aug 25, 2019
I already have T-Mobile in the USA, so I might be going with their plan that has roaming in Canada with 5gb data. It comes out to around $36 USD. And then maintain a Canadian number with VoIP for Canadian friends and job interviews.

Reactions: ustocanada49

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I already have T-Mobile in the USA, so I might be going with their plan that has roaming in Canada with 5gb data. It comes out to around $36 USD. And then maintain a Canadian number with VoIP for Canadian friends and job interviews.
There are people who have tried this before and within a few months their plans are cancelled.