+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Found a Mistake in EE profile after ITA

ayusman

Jun 2, 2019
I realized that I made a mistake in my EE profile. In the Education History section for the question 'Since what year', I entered the End date of my Master's degree and for 'Current study section' I entered 'Yes'.

I got the ITA, and while completing the detailed application I realized it should have been start date, and Current study section should have been 'No', since i have already completed it. And only when you select 'No' ,To Date field is generated, which should be the end date.

What should be my course of action, should i decline the ITA or should I mention this mistake in my LOE. Did anyone else faced similar problem?

pavan23

Nov 18, 2014
Hey, what's your score ?? You can decline withdraw your profile and re enter the pool again !!
Just to be on a safer side ..

deeps1987

Jun 2, 2018
I realized that I made a mistake in my EE profile. In the Education History section for the question 'Since what year', I entered the End date of my Master's degree and for 'Current study section' I entered 'Yes'.

I got the ITA, and while completing the detailed application I realized it should have been start date, and Current study section should have been 'No', since i have already completed it. And only when you select 'No' ,To Date field is generated, which should be the end date.

What should be my course of action, should i decline the ITA or should I mention this mistake in my LOE. Did anyone else faced similar problem?
Does this impact your score? I am assuming no. Just make the correction in your ITA and submit. IRCC requires you to reject your invite only when the change in application has adverse effect on your CRS score that can make you ineligible for the round from which you got invite.

Refer:https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/invitation-apply.html

......Candidates’ Express Entry profile is automatically “locked” when they are issued an ITA. Candidates can only revise their profile information if they formally decline the ITA through their online account; however, their information may be updated in their APR......
....If a candidate realizes after having been issued an ITA that their circumstance has changed or that the information in their profile, on the basis of which they were issued an ITA, is no longer accurate, the candidate is instructed to recalculate their CRS score using the Express Entry calculator on the IRCC website. Examples of changes in circumstance that can impact a CRS score are listed below.

Where there is a change in circumstance and the candidate goes forward with submitting an APR, the candidate must ensure that the change in circumstance is properly reflected in their APR (i.e., the candidate must amend the information that was automatically transferred from their profile to their APR before submitting their application).

Reactions: vuta

ayusman

Jun 2, 2019
Hey, what's your score ?? You can decline withdraw your profile and re enter the pool again !!
Just to be on a safer side ..
My score is 470, if there is a normal draw, there is a good chance I should get the invite again

ayusman

Jun 2, 2019
Does this impact your score? I am assuming no. Just make the correction in your ITA and submit. IRCC requires you to reject your invite only when the change in application has adverse effect on your CRS score that can make you ineligible for the round from which you got invite.

Refer:https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/invitation-apply.html

......Candidates’ Express Entry profile is automatically “locked” when they are issued an ITA. Candidates can only revise their profile information if they formally decline the ITA through their online account; however, their information may be updated in their APR......
....If a candidate realizes after having been issued an ITA that their circumstance has changed or that the information in their profile, on the basis of which they were issued an ITA, is no longer accurate, the candidate is instructed to recalculate their CRS score using the Express Entry calculator on the IRCC website. Examples of changes in circumstance that can impact a CRS score are listed below.

Where there is a change in circumstance and the candidate goes forward with submitting an APR, the candidate must ensure that the change in circumstance is properly reflected in their APR (i.e., the candidate must amend the information that was automatically transferred from their profile to their APR before submitting their application).
Thanks for sharing this. Yeah, my score is not changing, so hopefully I should be good with a mention of it in LoE.

Reactions: qaimali

THG

Oct 9, 2019
I also made a similar mistake, Can you please let me know if I can proceed with ITA and explain in LOE or should I decline the ITA?

dr.josemrod

Sep 3, 2019
Santiago, Dominican Republic
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-08-2019
AOR Received.
05-09-2019
Med's Done....
18-09-2019
LANDED..........
08-05-2020
When you fill your application you can correct this and it will automatically calculate your score again, shouldn't drop, but increase.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
I also made a similar mistake, Can you please let me know if I can proceed with ITA and explain in LOE or should I decline the ITA?
Just fix it, no need to decline

Reactions: vuta

qaimali

Mar 17, 2014
Thanks for sharing this. Yeah, my score is not changing, so hopefully I should be good with a mention of it in LoE.
Hi Dear, How was your experience of proceeding with the ITA while keeping the same information in the profile. Any impact on the application?